NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

on 10/2/2016 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Skin type: Yellow undertone, SUPER OILY, Have some healing acne spots and acne scars. Right now while trying this product, I don't have any active acne so I can't tell you how it covers those Red Devils.

Shade bought: St Moritz Medium 1

I was hesitant to buy this because it is essentially a moisturiser and since I am super oily, I was afraid it would not last on my skin. When I mean super oily, I mean like I can literally use my finger and wipe oil off my nose/T-zone area within 30 minutes after I wash my face. I am that oily. And being in a humid country like Singapore with weather usually around 34 degrees celcius doesn't help either.

Right now I'm pretty tan, around NC30-35, nearer to 35 and Medium 1 is a darn perfect match I would say. It's really lightweight and blendable, and it's so natural you can't tell if you have any product on at all. It looks like skin. However, it does feel a little tacky after application but I set my foundation/base anyway so it makes it much smoother. I use the Banila Co. Prime primer finish powder btw and it's the bomb.com for oily skin I tell ya.

I like using my sigma f88 flat angled kabuki for this because I want to get as much coverage as possible, and using a beauty blender does sheer it out significantly for me. It has a good light-medium coverage, build able to medium at best. You wouldn't want to build till full even though you can, it'll look greasy and tacky as heck.

Longevity wise, it lasts a good 4-5 hours on me before i find it moving to more of an oily than a dewy look. If you're oily like me, you will definitely have to blot or touch up during the day but it's not a big deal cause I'm use to powdering myself anyways. Coverage stays exactly the same with minimal fading on the skin for 12+ hours.

All in all, I love this stuff. It hasn't broken me out or cause me any allergic reactions. The only downfall I would say is the price. I got it in the states for $44 excluding tax and it costs S$70 here. Wished it lasted a little longer as well but it is a moisturiser and nothing lasts Long on my skin anyways.. Sad life of a oily skin girl :(

Update on June 2017: I currently have cystic acnes because I'm lazy ass and didn't visit my derm but I still do use this product because I consider this my HG, and as expected it doesn't cover them up completely but that's what's a concealer is for right? So still no complains on this product! Love it!

on 9/26/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Not sure how a product manages to make you look dry AND oily at the same time but this one does. It looked awful on my normal skin. It looked like it sucked all the oil out of my face and highlighted every wrinkle I had. It also became very greasy after a few hours...it's a fail!

on 9/22/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WORST PRODUCT EVER! If you have combo to oily skin I'd advise you to stay away from this product. Nars products tend to contain high amounts of oil, and if you have skin like mine your skin will not agree!! This broke me out with cystic acne I've never had, due to it's excess oil clogging up the oil in my skin! Waste of money

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Two words: EFFORTLESS BEAUTY.

I've been using this TM for at least three years now. I should have reviewed long ago. I LOVE it. I put this stuff on and even if I choose to not put any other product on my face, I instantly look 1000x better, yet sooooo natural. It makes my skin look almost flawless and much younger. It's quite sheer yet somehow covers like a dream, as if it is one with my skin.

I'm 46. As I'm getting older, full coverage foundations and even regular coverage foundations give me a tired, stale, heavy look. Aiming to cover every flaw only seems to amplify them -- so it's a fool's errand to even try. Nars Pure Radiant TM offers sheer coverage but because it's radiant, despite that sheer coverage, it somehow makes my skin look both perfect and like I'm not wearing makeup: my skin but WAY better. I haven't figured out the source of the radiance, but it's not shimmer, there is no shimmer. As many have noted, this has a dewy finish. I give a light dusting of loose powder to un-dew the dew. My skin is normal with a moderately oily t-zone (used to be super oily all over). Even though I didn't start using this until my 40s, if I had found it when I was younger, I would have loved it then too. If it can make my unevenly pigmented middle aged skin look awesome, I feel it would look freaking amazing on younger skin, since heavy foundation is rarely a good look on anyone, regardless of age.

I usually put this on over moisturizer -- but even if I don't, it still goes on beautifully. It spreads smoothly and blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way. It smells quite pleasant, but after a couple of minutes I don't detect it anymore. Kinda wish it would linger more because I truly enjoy it. It smells fresh and vaguely edible but I can't pinpoint what it smells like. It has SPF 30. It actually looks better as the day goes on, giving my skin a velvety look. [Editing to add: This product does NOT break out my skin or cause blackheads. Even at age 46 my skin is acne prone and I have had problems with other foundations/TMs. Not this one!]

My only complaints about it are PRICE (it goes up in price at least $1 per year) and COLOR SELECTION.
Price: what are ya gonna do? Many products go up in price. This stuff is great so I'll likely keep forking over. As of this date this Nars TM sells at $44 for 1.9 oz. yet there are other foundations that cost $64-$70 for only 1 oz. (Armani Luminous Silk, for example) and they still don't look as good as this one. Compared to those this seems like a good deal: twice the product at 2/3 the price!

Color selection is better than it was years ago. I wear Finland, and it is a bit too light for me (at the time I started wearing it, the next color up was off for me). But because it is so sheer, it is quite forgiving even without an exact color match. I am about to order Groenland, which is what Narscosmetics.com recommended based upon my answers to their color quiz. I'm nervous about it, afraid it'll be too dark. If so, I'll either return it or try blending it with Finland to create a more exact match. But it will probably be okay even if it is a little dark, because it goes on so sheer.

Bottom line: Try this. I steered my 75 year old mother and 29 year old friend to this and they both absolutely LOVE it and they both ROCK it.

on 8/19/2016 12:19:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this tinted moisturizer. It provides more coverage than the popular Laura Mercier one and I prefer it to the one from Josie. For reference, I have combination skin with oily t zone and dry cheeks. I have replaced my MAC face and body with this and my skin is thanking me. If you find yourself breaking out too much from foundations, a TM is a great alternative even though the coverage may not be as much.

This product will not cover your blemishes, dark circles or imperfections but does a great job at evening out skin tone! Since I have huge ass pores, I like to use Dr Brandt's pore filler primer underneath it to give a more soft focused effect on my face. I also like to use a concealer over the TM to cover up any dark circles or blemishes I have.

All in all, it has a pretty good value ($54CAD for 2oz which works out to $27/oz) which beats out many other brands. A little goes a long way with this product.

on 8/9/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first review for any product. To be honest I don't usually review anything because they tend to eventually stop performing with extended use and become mediocre over time. But the NARS brand and in particular this TM has consistently impressed me over now 4 months.

I have oily, sensitive and acne prone skin and am an NC35 skintone.
I've used nearly every type of foundation/bb cream and nothing made me happy to put it on everyday like this.

Just for ref: I've used Estee Lauder double wear, Mac pro longwear, Clinique, YSL, Too Faced, Maybelline, L'Oréal, Rimmel, Almay, Bourjois the list goes on...all of these either broke me out, (except for Clinique and L'Oréal) or looked too heavy/cakey on my skin. Not letting my skin breath and at the end of the day when I remove my makeup left me looking grey and dull.

I was in Mecca Maxima and noticed a SA who had amazing skin and although I know she was wearing makeup, her skin looked like skin and not found. Off course asked her what foundation she was wearing and she said she never wears foundation but TM and that she used to use Josie's but now uses NARS. I didn't believe it at first bc I thought TMs were too sheer. The NARS TM is now the only "foundation" I wear.

When I use it my skin looks like my skin but clearer and even toned. It doesn't cover blemishes but I use the NARS or MAC concealers for that/under eyes and I powder with either Physicians Formula or Rimmel.

The best part is that even after powder 30 Min in, your skin looks healthy and not dry. I do wear moisturiser (Clinique) and a Too Faced/ Hourglass primer. But it's because I'm always so afraid of breakouts.
I have worn this for 12 hrs everyday and sometimes up to 16 hrs and it's like it blends and looks one with skin. All you need to do is blot and powder every 4-6 hours.

This TM doesn't break me out or cause skin discolouration. Sometimes I think it helps my skin be happy. :) I hope the results remain as good. Because I've read other reviews, where things change. But I just needed to write this for the oily skin girls who might be considering the NARS TM.

It's an OK tinted moisturiser, but I don't think it's worth the price. Has a strong citrus scent. I would not buy this again. If you're looking for a similar, but cheaper alternative, I'd go with Bourjois's 123 CC cream.

on 7/16/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am CRAZY for this because it works with my hectic mornings and it has SPF in it. I use a serum for my acne and then put this on top. There's a pretty limited shade selection, but annapurina works for me. It has impressive coverage (medium) and it feels like it gets absorbed into my skin. It doesn't make me break out or make my face feel oily as the day goes on. If I have a little bit more time, I can put on some setting powder and put my makeup routine on top. I think it's worth the price tag because I honestly feel like it's so unique and I wear sunscreen everyday.

on 6/26/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Got this as a sample (nars peeps are very generous in giving away sample products ---in manila i mean). Its been awhile since the last time I used a tinted moisturizer and I was surprised by this! Since it really hot here in manila right after application it felt a bit sticky at first but once it settled wow the finish was amazeballs! To think that the shade I got was a tad dark for me the later on it adjusted accordingly to my skintone which i realllyyy love!!! Its light weight doesnt feel like youre wearing anything at all. But ofcourse the price is too steep so Im gonna think a hundred times first before I finally purchase the full size product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I would be lost without this. I was introduced to it at a Space NK, and I now use it instead of foundation. It gives great coverage without looking trowled on (especially good with a Beauty Blender) and I love the dewy finish. I have quite an oily t-zone so I usually calm down the shine there with my Hourglass palette, but otherwise, this is brilliant. Love the fact it has a bit of SPF in it as well.