NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

4.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

After years of trial and error, I've always come back to using this tinted moisturizer. I'm very low maintenance (aka lazy) with my morning routine, so I will try to get away with the least amount of morning prep. My goal is to look well-rested with a healthy glow, so evening out my complexion is what I need and that is exactly what I get from this. I am Asian (Chinese) with a darker skin tone, and have normal skin that sometimes gets oily in the t-zone throughout the day. St. Moritz is the perfect match for me.

At first I didn't like how it didn't spread as easily all over my face so I mixed it with a bit of moisturizer, but I now apply it after a light moisturizer with my fingers and it spreads perfectly to my liking and gives me a very fresh, dewy-looking complexion. The moisturizer tint and texture just melts into my skin. I don't wear any powders on top of this because of the laziness, but I already like the way it looks on its own. If I wanted a more matte look I'd wear the velvet matte skin tint instead. And since it's already quite dewy imo, I tend to avoid wearing it in hot/humid weather because I'd end up looking like a human disco ball.

The product doesn't look/feel cakey at all for me. Sometimes I'll need to apply a bit extra regular moisturizer on my forehead and nose, but I sometimes have drier skin there. It also doesn't settle into any lines. It looks perfect and amazing for about 4-5 hours, but after that I'm needing some help in the t-zone oiliness area. Could be the fact that I don't use a powder? I should probably find out. I always get compliments about my skin when I'm wearing this. So, this is my HG tinted moisturizer! I use it ~3x a week on average (I'm factoring in non-wearing in the summer months) and it's lasted me about a year. So although it is a bit pricey, it makes sense for me in the long run.

To summarize:
1) Packaging - Squeeze bottle is great to make sure you get every last drop. It can fit into my small makeup case that I keep in my purse at all times.
2) Application - Fingers work perfectly fine to apply for me.
3) Consistency - Already thin and wet, but still doesn't spread as much to my liking when used on its own. Spreads well when applied over a moisturized face.
4) Coverage - Light to medium coverage. Helps even out my skin. Not using it to 'cover' anything.
5) Lasting power - Coverage lasts for 8+ hours, but definitely requires some powder etc for t-zone. Tube lasts about a year when used ~3x/week.

on 2/12/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product so much! I've been using it for the past year mostly every day and it's so good! It doesn't break me out at all like some other reviews say. The coverage is pretty good and gives a beautiful finish that evens out my skin tone and lasts all day. I've only repurchased this once in over a year, and it lasts ages! I used to have extremely bad acne and although it didn't completely cover them up it did cover them enough so it didn't look as red and blotchy. It does tend to get oily during the day but that's to be expected with any product on my extremely oily skin really. Overall, it's super light yet gives a tiny bit of coverage which is exactly what a tinted moisturiser should do.

on 12/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

I used this product about 10 times and I believe it made me look worse than better.It gave absolutely no coverage to my few acne scars. I am fair skinned and the lightest shade made me look orange. This product was not very easy to blend either. I am glad that I only purchased the small size because now it just sits in my makeup bag.

on 11/30/2016 10:55:00 AM

I don't understand how this gets such a high rating. It's very dry, difficult to apply, and doesn't really do the job. I noticed no evening skin tone, nothing. My Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer is SO much better for a fraction of the cost. Can't believe I splurged on this.

on 10/2/2016 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Skin type: Yellow undertone, SUPER OILY, Have some healing acne spots and acne scars. Right now while trying this product, I don't have any active acne so I can't tell you how it covers those Red Devils.

Shade bought: St Moritz Medium 1

I was hesitant to buy this because it is essentially a moisturiser and since I am super oily, I was afraid it would not last on my skin. When I mean super oily, I mean like I can literally use my finger and wipe oil off my nose/T-zone area within 30 minutes after I wash my face. I am that oily. And being in a humid country like Singapore with weather usually around 34 degrees celcius doesn't help either.

Right now I'm pretty tan, around NC30-35, nearer to 35 and Medium 1 is a darn perfect match I would say. It's really lightweight and blendable, and it's so natural you can't tell if you have any product on at all. It looks like skin. However, it does feel a little tacky after application but I set my foundation/base anyway so it makes it much smoother. I use the Banila Co. Prime primer finish powder btw and it's the bomb.com for oily skin I tell ya.

I like using my sigma f88 flat angled kabuki for this because I want to get as much coverage as possible, and using a beauty blender does sheer it out significantly for me. It has a good light-medium coverage, build able to medium at best. You wouldn't want to build till full even though you can, it'll look greasy and tacky as heck.

Longevity wise, it lasts a good 4-5 hours on me before i find it moving to more of an oily than a dewy look. If you're oily like me, you will definitely have to blot or touch up during the day but it's not a big deal cause I'm use to powdering myself anyways. Coverage stays exactly the same with minimal fading on the skin for 12+ hours.

All in all, I love this stuff. It hasn't broken me out or cause me any allergic reactions. The only downfall I would say is the price. I got it in the states for $44 excluding tax and it costs S$70 here. Wished it lasted a little longer as well but it is a moisturiser and nothing lasts Long on my skin anyways.. Sad life of a oily skin girl :(

Update on June 2017: I currently have cystic acnes because I'm lazy ass and didn't visit my derm but I still do use this product because I consider this my HG, and as expected it doesn't cover them up completely but that's what's a concealer is for right? So still no complains on this product! Love it!

on 9/26/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Not sure how a product manages to make you look dry AND oily at the same time but this one does. It looked awful on my normal skin. It looked like it sucked all the oil out of my face and highlighted every wrinkle I had. It also became very greasy after a few hours...it's a fail!

on 9/22/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WORST PRODUCT EVER! If you have combo to oily skin I'd advise you to stay away from this product. Nars products tend to contain high amounts of oil, and if you have skin like mine your skin will not agree!! This broke me out with cystic acne I've never had, due to it's excess oil clogging up the oil in my skin! Waste of money

on 8/9/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first review for any product. To be honest I don't usually review anything because they tend to eventually stop performing with extended use and become mediocre over time. But the NARS brand and in particular this TM has consistently impressed me over now 4 months.

I have oily, sensitive and acne prone skin and am an NC35 skintone.
I've used nearly every type of foundation/bb cream and nothing made me happy to put it on everyday like this.

Just for ref: I've used Estee Lauder double wear, Mac pro longwear, Clinique, YSL, Too Faced, Maybelline, L'Oréal, Rimmel, Almay, Bourjois the list goes on...all of these either broke me out, (except for Clinique and L'Oréal) or looked too heavy/cakey on my skin. Not letting my skin breath and at the end of the day when I remove my makeup left me looking grey and dull.

I was in Mecca Maxima and noticed a SA who had amazing skin and although I know she was wearing makeup, her skin looked like skin and not found. Off course asked her what foundation she was wearing and she said she never wears foundation but TM and that she used to use Josie's but now uses NARS. I didn't believe it at first bc I thought TMs were too sheer. The NARS TM is now the only "foundation" I wear.

When I use it my skin looks like my skin but clearer and even toned. It doesn't cover blemishes but I use the NARS or MAC concealers for that/under eyes and I powder with either Physicians Formula or Rimmel.

The best part is that even after powder 30 Min in, your skin looks healthy and not dry. I do wear moisturiser (Clinique) and a Too Faced/ Hourglass primer. But it's because I'm always so afraid of breakouts.
I have worn this for 12 hrs everyday and sometimes up to 16 hrs and it's like it blends and looks one with skin. All you need to do is blot and powder every 4-6 hours.

This TM doesn't break me out or cause skin discolouration. Sometimes I think it helps my skin be happy. :) I hope the results remain as good. Because I've read other reviews, where things change. But I just needed to write this for the oily skin girls who might be considering the NARS TM.

on 7/16/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am CRAZY for this because it works with my hectic mornings and it has SPF in it. I use a serum for my acne and then put this on top. There's a pretty limited shade selection, but annapurina works for me. It has impressive coverage (medium) and it feels like it gets absorbed into my skin. It doesn't make me break out or make my face feel oily as the day goes on. If I have a little bit more time, I can put on some setting powder and put my makeup routine on top. I think it's worth the price tag because I honestly feel like it's so unique and I wear sunscreen everyday.

on 6/26/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Got this as a sample (nars peeps are very generous in giving away sample products ---in manila i mean). Its been awhile since the last time I used a tinted moisturizer and I was surprised by this! Since it really hot here in manila right after application it felt a bit sticky at first but once it settled wow the finish was amazeballs! To think that the shade I got was a tad dark for me the later on it adjusted accordingly to my skintone which i realllyyy love!!! Its light weight doesnt feel like youre wearing anything at all. But ofcourse the price is too steep so Im gonna think a hundred times first before I finally purchase the full size product.