Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.9

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/28/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I always wished that Fresh would make a lip balm without SPF so I could wear it at night. They finally did, and it's wonderful. It's packaged in the Fresh screw-top tube, but this one is plastic instead of metal, and it works equally well. The balm has Fresh's signature scent, but I think it's a bit subdued in this balm. The balm itself is clear, soft, melts immediately into the lips, and makes them feel incredibly soft. It has that wonderful jelly-like feeling on the lips, like Chantecaille's Lip Chic or the L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balms. Instant comfort. The wear is good--not as long as Nuxe (in the jar), which is much drier, or others that are more waxy and firm, but longer than the Nuxe stick balm. My objections are three--one, it's expensive; two, it's very soft, so I'll use it up quickly; and three, it wouldn't hold up in a purse in the summer. However, it's one of the most totally luxurious products I've ever used in texture, feel, and scent, and I will repurchase.

I upped this to five stars. Despite the drawbacks, this is the best treatment lip balm I've ever used. I can apply a single coat at night, and it's still on my lips in the morning. It also penetrates, instead of sitting on the lips, so it really does make them soft and fuller looking. One of my favorite uses is to apply this before I get into the shower. When I get out, I wipe my lips gently with a towel, and--amazingly--they're soft, supple, and ready for lipstick with no flakes left behind--just a trace of the balm. Kudos to Fresh for this winner!