Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.9

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

on 10/2/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have a few things to say,

First is I have celiac decease and for that reason I stay away from the Original formula of this product because it contains wheat germ oil.

I originally was introduced to this product as a birthday present from Sephora this year. It came with two samples. Rose and Original. I really like the original, and I didn't have a bad reaction to it the few times I used it, but considering my health, it isn't something I want to take a chance on, so I mostly used the Rose. I really like this product line of lip treatment.

This past weekend I hopped over to the Local Sephora shop and saw the Advance Treatment. Read the ingredients. It was green for Go. So I snatched it up. I do not know if I can express with words how much I like this. I don't have to apply much and it lasts for hours even with eating and drinking my lips stay moisturized. I was recently going through a dry lips spell which I hadn't had in years. I had given up on the chapsticks I normally used and finally opened my samples, helped a lot. I find that this Advanced formula helps even more. I am also extremely grateful that the advanced formula doesn't not have the sunscreen in it that the others of this line do. I am not a fan of the chemicals used for sunscreens to be honest so this is very, very nice for me.

I love the packaging. It seems to keep the balm in wonderful condition. The double twist action keeps it safe from being destroyed in my bag like almost ever other container I have ever used.

The only real down side is the cost. $25. It's a lot of money for basically a chap stick. However, a little goes a long way for me and with how dry and cracked my lips where getting even from the other balms and chap sticks I have used I really had to ignore the price and just try it. The upside is Sephora has a great return policy so always keep your receipts. Been using it for a week and I really like how my lips are doing right now.

on 8/22/2012 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I`ve had chronically chapped lips for 20 years (maybe a vitamin deficiency- not sure) A friend recommended this to me a long time ago but I was hesitant to purchase it because of the price, that, and, nothing has ever really seemed to alleviate my chapped lip problem anyway.

Ok, so I admit my expectations were pretty low to begin with, so when I first tried it and it seemed to work, I attributed it to the weather, or maybe I was unusually hydrated. But my lips just kept getting softer and softer as the weeks went by. It is very emollient- not waxy, and it has a pleasant natural taste ( kinda citrusy).I`ve applied it twice daily for several months. My chapped lips are a thing of the past. This stuff is amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I got this in rose and the clear version from the sephora birthday gift this year. And I have to say, so not worth the price if you were to pay for it! This is a lip product that makes my lips feel dryer once it has dried on my lips. The tint is a nice sheer color but for a tinted balm or chapstick equivalent, waaaaay too expensive and too drying. I'm glad I got to try it and see for myself what I thought about the hype, but now that I have it is definitely not something I will be purchasing.

on 7/12/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

purchased this for nighttime use. very pricey, great metal container, goes on ohhhh so smoothly. gave it only 2 lippies because it actually made my lips drier after using this and i broke out like crazy all around my mouth! i tested it for over a month now and i dont reach for it anymore because it dried the heck out of my lips the next day and the pores around my mouth got plugged up like crazy. i now have 5 hyper pigmented scars all around my mouth, its very embarrassing. i have to cover it with concealer everyday until they fade. wish it worked for me because it smells wonderful and glides on beautifully.

on 6/21/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that I did really love this for my lips. It was extremely moisturizing and I found that my mildly dry lips drank it up and stayed very supple. I am not kidding, but I think my lips actually looked a little bigger. At first I kept thinking that I was just imagining things, until I read about its claims and realized fuller lips was one of them. So, I definitely feel like it delivered. I put it on every night before bed and when I woke up, they still felt healthy and moisturized. I also loved the subtle lemon-y scent this had. It was a pleasant product to use.

The CON: I broke out from using this. All around my lips I began getting little whiteheads, which at first was no big deal until they started to get worse. So I had to discontinue my use of it which I really, truly am bummed about. So, while I would recommend this to friends and family that are looking for a deeper treatment for their dried/chapped/rough lips, I can't say it is good for anyone with sensitive skin like I have. :(

on 4/5/2012 2:08:00 PM

Finally, my HG lip balm! I am loving this product. The thing that amazes me about it is that I can now wear some of my less emollient lipsticks that I had put aside and they not only feel good but still stay on, which can't be said for greasier lip balms. I love that it lacks SPF because I'm allergic, so this is perfect for me. I don't carry it around but keep it in my desk drawer at work, and that means I won't have to worry about it melting.

on 3/22/2012 11:20:00 AM

I really like this alot. I had already owned the regular balms in Sugarhoney and Sugarplum and like them as well. So I really wanted to try this advanced therapy treatment. It has met my expectations. I love the texture, it is gel like. You can still feel it hours later. My lipsticks and glossed hold well to it. Makes my lips smoother. The only thing I am concerned about is how it will hold up in the summer heat when I carry in my purse or back pocket. The regular balms don't hold up so well in the heat. I will have to wait and see. The price is high but I still feel the product is worth it. I will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this ones good, but not better than the sugar one even though its a couple bucks more. its bugs me that the sugar one has spf and this one doesn't. get the sugar one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I spent this much money on a lip balm. However, this is the best lip balm I have ever used. Even better than my favorite Dr. Haushka one.
It's moisturizing and non-sticky. Also not overly waxy but there is a definite feeling on your lips that lasts (in a good way) and feels very moisturizing. If you can get a sample of this, grab some right away. Otherwise, purchase this and know that you've invested in the welfare of your lips and that you'll get what you pay for.
I'm curious to find out how long it will take me to use this up, but I think it will be a while. In the full-size, you get a lot of balm and each application lasts a good 3-4 hours for me (even through eating and drinking!).
Despite the price, which would normally take the rating down a lippie, in my opinion, this lip treatment gets 5 lippies. It is that good. Don't hesitate and try it out!

Fresh Sugar was the best thing I've found for instantly soothing irritated or chapped lips; this is a step more luxurious. As the previous reviewer noted it has a cushy gel-like texture and just melts into my lips. At first I bought this might be too soft for q night balm, but my lips are perfectly soft when I wake up. Yay Fresh for trading SPF for hyaluronic spheres. New HG.