Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.9

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

I'll be honest....I *want* to hate this balm.lol The price makes me cringe and literally sick to my stomach! How can I possibly justify spending $25 on a lip balm??!! But it actually *works*.
I got a pretty good sized sample from QVC during the Beauty with Benefits promo. I keep it on my keyboard at work. I can see a visible difference in my lips--They look fuller, plumper, more moist... Ugh! I love that it works but when I saw the actual retail price I almost passed out!! $25 for a tube of lip balm?!
The thing is I've been at a loss since Neutrogena Lip Boost got pulled from the market(chemical issues)...That stuff really worked and it was dirt cheap, like $7 at CVS. And I haven't found a moisturizing, lip-boosting product since Lip Boost--until now.
When I say it works, no exaggeration, it works. Even after my gloss has worn off and all I've got is a little liner on, I just smooth some of this Sugar lip balm on and my lips look like I had work done...Fast, simple, effective--but very very not cheap.
So if you have full pouty lips, don't waste your money...use chapstick or something....but if your lips are thin or dry and you want fuller plush lips, this is the way to go. But dear God it's expensive!!lol

This lip balm is quite moisturizing .. The scent is like a sweet lemony gummy ... I only apply this at mornings when I do my routine as well as night .. It has my lips soft and less sored. Haven't seen much difference with the lines and plumpness on my lips or maybe there is, but very subtle . Been using for a month and half.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Seriously, what more can you ask for in a lip balm. It's ultra-moisturizing, long lasting, and doesn't dry out. The condition of my lips has definitely improved since I started using this. The scent is light and a little lemony. The packaging for these balms are brilliant, it screws on to ensure that the top doesn't go flying off in your purse and leave you with a gross, beat up lip balm. Bravo, Fresh!

on 11/16/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This review is for the listed product (Advanced Therapy) in the white tube. I sought this product out because it contains CUPUACU BUTTER, which is very moisturizing for lips. The ingredient is also in MUF lipsticks. This product is the only lip balm I have used recently that does not have a "flash dry" effect on my lips. It leaves my lips with more moisture as time goes on, instead of more chapping and dryness. I have full lips that are naturally dry, think Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope. I was able to get by on regular drugstore lip balms for the longest time, but my lips have gotten drier as I have gotten into my mid-20s. I also wash my face twice a day as part of my skincare routine + live in a cold climate so soft lips are a struggle. I went through my old fall backs JackBlack, Chapstick, Blistex, Nivea Kiss of Smooth, Aveeno, Josie Maran Lip Treatment, Burt's Bee's Replenishing, L'Occitane and the original clear Fresh Sugar in the dark red tube. The exception was Nivea, which is petroletum-free and actually moisturized my lips, but it just wasn't enough moisture for the cold weather.

One TIP FOR KEEPING LIPS SOFT: Do not smooth lip balm on dry lips. Moisten your lips BEFORE using a balm since the balm seals in moisture. Moisture= water or aloe vera. Most balms do not have moisture, but sealants like butters, waxes and oils. I always dampen my lips by taking a sip of water or using a moist paper towel to pat my lips before applying a balm ;]

UPDATE:
This eventually dried out my lips and just stopped working to moisturize. However, I discovered Bath and Body Words CO Bigelow My Favorite Night Lip Balm. I have been using it for seven months (winter, spring, summer) at night and a little in the morning. My lips are completely chap free!

on 9/1/2013 4:44:00 PM

This product has had many rave reviews, But I hate to bring it down. This felt like regular lip balm to me. This truly disappoints me because I love natural lip products. I really wanted this to be HG because of the ingredient list, but it only makes my lips moisturized when they are already soft. When my lips are cracked the balm doesn't really heal them all that well. I would rate this average. Also, the wear time was about 2-3 hours on me. For such an expensive balm I would have wanted longer moisture. The packaging it what really put me off. I would have preferred the tube to be wrapped around closer to the balm. Typically I am outside a lot, and this balm melted after being outside for a good 1-2 hours, huge disappointment. The reason I gave it three stars is because it's mainly natural.

on 8/21/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I adore this lip balm, it's taken the place of my beloved Burt's Bee Pomegranate. To me it smells like lemon furniture polish, but thankfully the scent fades quickly & I can't really taste it. I use it daily upon waking & again at bedtime, my lips have never been in better shape. The only drawback is the cost, it's pretty expensive at about $25 a tube. It's well worth it to me to make my lips so happy!!! I'm on about my 7th or 8th tube...

on 12/30/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

been using this for a week. my lips have been horrible lately. nervous habit i have is biting my lips and after having a cold sore a few weeks ago my lips were a mess. they aren't perfect right now but after using this every night and during the day while i've been home it's been working miracles.
I know the balm is fragile so this will be one of those things i do not let my niece and nephew put on if they want balm on (they broke my SIL's spf treatment last year). I hate that it's so expensive but if it works like it has been all the time i would gladly pay the price.

Update: I used this whole balm and bought another. i rarely finish a balm but this one works wonders for my lips. Most of the time i use it at night at bedtime since there is no spf in it. I don't like spf balms when i go to bed i don't want that on my pillowcase. I bite my lips a lot and cause a lot of my own chapping but this always heals my lips quickly. I do not like using products with mineral oil or petroleum products in them since long term they can be drying and stuff like that i do not want on my skin anyway since it's a cheap by product/filler product

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I love the way it smells and feels, but I hate the price and the fact that it is so fragile. The lip therapy is softer than the SPF versions. It goes on easily and requires almost no pressure to apply, but since it is so soft, it also mushes up and breaks if you use too much pressure or if it gets too warm. I live in Texas, where it's quite warm most of the year. I have to be exceedingly careful with this or the bullet will break. I've had this for some time and the bullet is now a misshapen blob.

The scent of the therapy is not as strong as that of the original, which I was disappointed by, as I love the smell and flavor of the original. I love that it has no SPF, which makes it perfect for inside the office or home and bed time. I find most lip products with SPF to be drying, so I don't like to use SPF unless I'm actually going to be exposed to the sun.

One of the things I like the most about the Fresh lip treatments is the packaging. I have been using Fresh lip products for years and never once had a lid come off and the product get all over the inside of my bag. That's happened with most every type of lipstick and tube lip balm I've ever owned, but never a Fresh tube. The screw-on top is brilliant.

This is a good lip balm, but it's also very expensive. At $25 for .15oz tube of product, that's $167/ounce. Here's how it stacks up against some other high-end or popular brands:

By Terry Baume de Rose $169/oz
Fresh Adv Lip Therapy: $167/oz
La Mer The Lip Balm $156/oz
Sarah Happ's Lip Slip $24/oz
Burt's Bees balms $10/oz

One advantage of the Fresh is that it comes in a tube and the others (except the Burt's Bees) come in a pot, but you definitely pay for the convenience of that great tube.

I love this whole line but this one is very good for when I get sick I tend to get sick a lot and when I do my lips dry out they crack and bleed applying this it stays on is very moisturizing on the lips helps to hydrate and repair them. My one dislike is in the summer time I have to keep them in the freezer or the fridge because they melt but the packaging is good quality so if it is melted pop it in the freezer and it is good to go!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm a lip balm h00r, have tried them all, and don't mind spending for quality (Sisley, do you hear me, I love you, sorry for cheating). My HG is Sisley but I don't like using it out because it is in a pot. This is like Sisley in a tube minus the wheat germ oil taste (which I love and miss but hey). Luxurious, long-lasting and soothing. Stays on forever- it usually lasts on me 3 hours without reapplying, which is a long time for me as I am a lip-licker and a lip balm addict with a reapplication fetish. One tube lasts me around 7 weeks so it is a bit pricey for what it is...but after Sisley 22 bucks seems cheap.