Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

I think I like this BB Cream. Sounds funny, but I just cannot decide. I usually use a liquid foundation without SPF, because many SPF products make me break out, and Smashbox BB cream has 'em. But overall I like that the "light" shade looks very natural on my, and it doesnt look like Im wearing makeup, yet my flaws although not completely covered are blended and hidden a bit. I usually use Almay liquid foundation, because it was recommended to me by a dermatologist. I like Almay, its light and very inexpensive, but Ive started feeling like it looked a little chalky and flat, I felt like it was making my skin look old and tired. Plus its summer so I decided to switch to Smashbox BB cream that I already had from a sephora holiday special I bought some months back. I use a sponge to apply, and set it with the Make Up Forever HD loose powder.
So far I cannot tell if it is making me break out. If it doesnt, I will continue to use this BB cream. I wish to try Tarte as well, since I am trying to go with more natural/organic beauty products.
Overall this BB cream is easy to wear, looks natural, and has 35 SPF

on 9/9/2014 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just ok. It looks a bit like makeup on my skin, but doesn't cover my redness. Also doesn't feel like skin on- it's a little sticky. I am an NC25 and I got light/neutral. It seems to be a pretty good match but I wish it had just a little more yellow in it as the smashbox foundations are yellow-based. The container is small and easy to stick in your purse so that is nice for touch ups. I won't be rebuying this, though. For the money there are better bb creams and foundations.

on 9/6/2014 4:06:00 AM

It's like tinted moisturizer, there was no coverage. I expected more coverage from the product.

Love this. Bought it as part of a Smashbox trial kit with mini versions of the primer and Halo powder. It feels good on my skin, doesn't smell, doesn't make me break out, and I like how my skin looks when I'm done ... dewy and pretty! Way to go, Smashbox!

on 8/31/2014 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This was such a disapointment! The colour, fair, suits my pale (cold toned) skin perfectly but that is no comfort when the product itself is impossible to apply. I have tried to apply it with my fingers, a foundation brush, sponge, you name it. It comes out flaky, streaky and sticks to dry patches like glue. It made my fairly resonable skin look awful.

If you have combination skin with dry patches or acne that is healing. Ask for a sample to take home and really test it out before buying it.

Sorry Smashbox, didn't like this one.

on 8/29/2014 2:35:00 PM

Never again. Does not blend well, makes your skin oily after one hour.. My friend also bought one before and said it made her look terrible. Another girl I know used mine for a party and said the same.

on 8/26/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is only the 2nd bb cream I've ever had and I think it's a smooth formula and a great SPF but there is like no coverage. I like it a lot but way too expensive for what it is

The only thing good about this BB cream is the SPF (higher than most). This has to be one of the most over-hyped makeup products out there! It feels heavy on, and it makes my combination skin oily soon after application. I think I'll save it for the winter when my face doesn't get as oily, cuz I bought a full size and don't want it to go to waste, but I will definitely not repurchase.

on 7/19/2014 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Last year was when I really got into makeup and YouTube. I read about the hype surrounding this BB cream. Before I bought it I got a sample and loved it. The shade medium suited me well during the summer. I used that sample on the day of graduation and my individual pictures came out great. (It photographs really well). I ended up buying the full-size version. However a year later I think it's not as great. My face is combination and my nose is my oiliest place. It feels nice and looks nice when I first slap it on but over the course of the day my nose becomes super oily. :/
However, it has amazing coverage and it masks any scars and unevenness you have on your face and yet looks very natural and doesn't feel heavy.

Still like it but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

I have very fair skin, so finding bb creams that aren't too dark or orangey on me has been difficult, especially when drugstore brands only have a range of 3-4 colors. I'd been using the L'Oreal Magic BB cream, but it really didn't offer much coverage and didn't always blend nicely. This was recommended to me by an associate at Sephora, and even though I didn't love the price- a couple more dollars and it's the same price as my Lancome foundation- but the fair shade matched perfectly on my skin without being chalky. I use about a dime-size amount to cover my face. It has medium coverage, and finishes a little bit on the dewy side, which I personally really like. This is great for running errands during the day for a natural look that still has some coverage and evens out my skin. It also smells a lot like sunscreen when you first put it on, which I hadn't noticed with any drugstore bbs, so I feel like it has more active product and sun protection.