Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 1/16/2015 6:52:00 PM

Since the older I get the more light-medium toned with yellow undertones my skin becomes, I've had to adjust my foundation and concealer shades over the past couple of years. So when I wanted to purchase a BB cream, I went with a light/medium (since that is what I wear in the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it is a flawless match). I got this, swatched it, and sent it right back. The Light/Medium shade is Oompa Loompa orange. Plus it leaves a sort of sticky finish on the skin that is most unappealing. I think I will stick with the Maybelline, since it costs like a fourth of what the Smashbox BB cream does for the same amount.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was so eager to try this product after reading such awesome reviews. However, it just didn't work for me. I used this product for about three weeks -- applying a small amount and blending. I have broken out all over and in places that I don't normally break out (forehead, cheeks, etc). After wearing the product through the day I would seriously notice several new, small pimples. I gave it my best shot, hoping that my skin would adjust, to no avail. I do not recommend this for acne-prone skin. Pros: maximum shine control; texture was smooth; beautiful, natural coverage; SPF 35 (with only a light sunscreen odor)! I don't typically wear foundation or creams; instead, I use a mineral powder concealer on blemishes and small, redder areas (around the nose) and a light dusting of finishing powder. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts if I use the wrong products. Generally I have only a few hormonal breakouts per month.

on 12/25/2014 4:55:00 AM

I got the bb cream in shade medium for oily/combination skin. My cheeks is a lighter shade and my forehead is darker. Its harder for me to choose foundation, but I learned a useful tip from the sephora lady.

If I go darker I can use bronzer to contour my cheeks for an even color and if I bought the lighter color I use a highlighter to lighten my forehead.

I went with the darker shade, because my whole body is actually tan and I want it to match my natural skin tone.

It feels like any other liquid foundation but right after the application it makes my skin matte. Through out the whole 8 hours I'm at work my face starts to look dewey.

It doesn't irritate my skin and it does hide my blemishes and redness on my cheeks. I find it hard to remove, but I love how it makes my skin look smooth and protect it from the sun. I would repurchase again for the appearance it gives me and the squeeze tube for more sanitized application.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and I'm obsessed with this product. No other BB Cream will ever do.

on 10/27/2014 5:51:00 PM

My favourite all day, light coverage. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, and just evens everything out well. Amazing in the summer. Highly recommend.

Love it. My skin has always been combination so I love the dewy look but can't achieve it without looking oily but with this I have a natural dewy finish but it controls my oil. I don't set it with a powder yet it last almost all day long. Toward the end of the day it may start to wear off and my redness might begin to peak through depending on how adventurous my day was

i bought the smashbox try it kit in light because i've seen some really good reviews of smashbox products. i have to say i'm very disappointed with the bb cream as it sinks into my pores and accentuates them and gives a kind of chalky finish to my skin. I immediately cleansed my skin so i can't say how long it lasted. The halo powder, although supposedly the light shade, left my face looking an attractive shade of orange.
I have tried much cheaper products and found them to give a much better finish. Bring back the original Dermalogica sheer tint moisturiser! Has anyone found anything to substitute that product?

on 10/8/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Are you looking for a product that goes on moist and makes you look wet instead of dewy? Are you looking for a product that wipes entirely off your skin if you lightly blow your nose, attempt to change into a shirt that doesn't have an extremely wide neck or try to lightly apply powder over it to tame that wet look and make it last more than a few hours on your face? Well, Smashbox heard your wish and created this BB cream. Rejoice! Or don't. I certainly didn't.

I'm no longer annoyed about what a flop this is, but I'm still baffled by its existence. One of the worst products I've ever sampled. The sample color was way too dark and orange, but I ain't even mad about that. It's not an issue given how bad this product is.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Soo I just bought this this week. I definitely would not wear this without a foundation on top; it just looks too smeary and imperfect without something on top. I think it works OK like that. So if you're expecting it to make you look gorgeous with nothing else, I don't think this is the product. For the price, it doesn't really "wow" me. I only decided to try this because I've always liked Smashbox primers. (And I was on a makeup impulse shopping spree.) I probably wouldn't buy this again. I don't feel like my face looks any better with this product. It's kind of fun to have hope every time I put it on though.....

on 9/15/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this BB Cream from Sephora (along with the CC Cream, which I'm still trying out) in the shade Light-Neutral. I used the sample until it was gone (and it was fairly generous, IMO), so I feel like I can write a fair review. Although this is not a bad product, I didn't care for it: the color was dark on my NW20 skin (which is weird, because I got the Light-Neutral shade in the CC Cream and it's a perfect match!), and it went on too thickly for my preference. I used my fingers and two different types of brushes to apply it, and I never felt like it looked very natural. (But how could it, being the wrong color? Argh.) I don't have dry skin but this BB cream seemed to emphasize a few spots of flakes, most obviously on the tip of my nose. I will say that the SPF in this product is really good, at 35 it's higher than most face makeup and I never felt the need to wear a separate sunscreen. It was easy to take off with my First Aid Beauty cleanser, and I don't think I got any pimples from it either. However, due to the unnatural look and wrong color, I won't purchase a full size of this BB cream. If you are interested, I highly recommend getting a sample, and hopefully you can get a color match too!