Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.4

on 6/20/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first high end beauty purchase and I did extensive research on the product to ensure that it would truly benefit my skin. I know that the product is a little on the expensive side (and when I mean a little, I mean a lot!). It also has a limited amount of color selection but the color really conforms to your skin. The product absolutely makes your skin glow! I love the coverage, it's medium to full coverage. It makes your skin look flawless and is definitely worth the price. When ever I use this product my skin looks amazing when I take it off. It doesn't make me break out too. Whenever I try a product and it makes me breakout I end up going back to this to cover the the acne up, and whenever I take it off at the end of the day, my skin looks absolutely beautiful and the acne actually begins to clear up! I am surprised that my acne actually clears up a bit when I use the product! Although it says it doesn't clear up acne, it does! I am in love with this product and although it is expensive I recommend this product to anyone and everyone! You may have acne-prone skin, sensitive, dry or oily skin but with this product your skin will took flawless!

on 6/13/2013 9:32:00 AM

This is my daily wear BB cream. It comes in the most shades out of all of the BB creams. Reasonably price and works better on my skintone compare to regular foundation.

Pro:
> price is reasonable (~$40USD or ~$50CAD)
> light coverage; minimize redness, covers freckles and acne scaring; does not cover actual acne

Con:
> low SPF rating
> limited functionality

Also at the end of my first tube, may look around to see if there are any new ones first before re-purchasing this item again.

on 5/13/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Absolutely LOVE this BB! Excellent for my oily skin, leaves a matte to satiny finish that gives my face a beautiful glow. Many compliments while wearing this. I switched to this when my Mom bought it and it didn't work out for her normal to dry skin. Like it so much, as many others clogged my pores and looked a bit flat and this one does not. It also has a good SPF, no breakouts, great staying power, and a good color match. I'm NC25-30 and Light is perfect. Yes, it is expensive, but I just can't help myself, and think it's worth it..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

OMG...this product is amazing. I recieved it as a trial sized gift at Sephora while purchasing something else. Of course they only had one color which was light/medium...I'm african american and while I'm not dark, I'm definitely brown skinned. I figured that I would just use it to highlight or something. So, the first time I used it, I fell in love. I normally apply Mac Studio Fix Concealer under my eyes to brighten (I don't really have dark circles but I like to lighten things up). This is so much better. I apply a small amount under each eye and create a small triangle shape (I'm sure makeup people will know what I mean) and it looks so naturally bright. It makes my past application of concealer look fake. I haven't tried to highlight with this and I don't think I will. My makeup looks so amazing now. And I like that it was SPF in it. I used to use foundation that had SPF but I noticed that in pictures I look washed out and ashy, so I stopped. I like that I'm applying SPF right where the sun does the most damage on your face and if I take a picture, my whole face won't look like a pasty white doll face. I definitely plan to purchase this stuff in light/medium for the same purpose. I don't know how I was living my life before I starting using this stuff. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com

on 4/27/2013 9:23:00 PM

This made me look soooo streaky no matter how I applied it.
Absolutely no coverage, super oily, and transfers onto EVERYTHING.

on 12/14/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to a BB cream type product so I did my research and found the smashbox bb cream to be really popular and get good reviews. I went to Sephora and tried a sample there. I put the cream on my forehead and my chin. I have acne prone and in a couple of days my forehead (which never really breaks out) had a bunch of small pimples and so did my chin. Yuck, so just be aware of this if you have acne prone skin.

This stuff is amazing. Firstly, it is the first foundation, or coverage type product that has ever matched my skin perfectly. I'm Native American and Spanish and Irish...usually the undertones in make up are too pink / too yellow / too white. I got this in light and it blends perfectly, you absolutely cannot tell I have anything on, which I love. I also noticed it keeps my shine down. Not all the way, but with my skin I think that's impossible. Plus, I love that it feels nourishing. I used to use Neutrogena's skin Clearing Foundation, but it really dried my skin out, and any other foundation severely broke me out. This is smooth and lightly creamy, but not heavy or oily. I'm in heaven. Plus it has SPF which I never used before (make up with SPF always broke me out) and now I finally can.

The only thing some might have a problem with is it's light coverage. It obviously doesn't give as much as a foundation would, but I like that. I use this, then Botanics Complexion Refining Concealer over my problem spots and I have just enough coverage. I am now able to have coverage without looking like I'm wearing anything. I love it. And it's great on my skin. Sure it's a bit pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for. This is actually the first thing I've gotten at Sephora, I'm typically a drug-store cosmetics kind of girl. But this is worth the money in my opinion.

I don't usually write reviews on products, but I've been reading a lot of them lately and felt I needed to write a review of this product. This product is pretty expensive for the quality. Luckily, I got it in the SmashBox trial kit and didn't pay for a full sized product. I have acne prone skin at 28 (errghhh) and thought this would be nice for light coverage during the day just running around.....I was wrong. This made my blemishes stand out even more than without makeup. It intensified my pores and blemishes and made me look horrible. Many people have raved about this product, but I would NOT recommend it for people with those small white bumps you get or large pores. It just made my face look like a mess and I would definitely not repurchase this product. It may work great if you have perfect skin, but if you get any blemishes on a regular basis, I would stay away from the Smashbox BB cream at all costs....especially the cost of this product. Sorry, I love the primer and mascaras, but this is just NOT for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a little biased because I never tried a bb cream BUT that's due to lack of yellow tones in other bb's. So that being said, this stuff is pretty decent. I do get oily but I like that it matches me well. NC30 color I bought light. However, if you have really light skin I believe you might have some issues finding a correct shade. They are limited. I do set it with either my banana powder or elf hd powder. It's perfect when I get lazy and I don't want to mix in my sunscreen with foundation and put a primer on.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this American BB a lot, I'm half Japanese but the Asian BB's are too grey for me. This BB has a high SPF which I love, I have combination skin oily T zone and dry cheeks, it keeps my T zone matte and doesn't dry out my cheeks or cake up on them. Coverage is moderate, enough to cover my redness and purplish flat acne scars with one coat and doesn't end up looking heavy or unnatural like I think a lot of foundations end up looking. The price is high for the amount but a little goes a long way and it provides more coverage than the other BB's I've tried, Clinique, Too Faced, Garnier, Skin 79. I don't skip my moisturizer but I do skip primer, sun screen, concealer and foundation so a big time and money saver I'll purchase again. I'm a NW35 and wear light/medium for reference.