L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have this in the Brown shade and it's a very dark, espresso, almost-black brown which is what I like because my eyes are very dark brown and lighter brown eyeliner looks strange on me (black eyeliner just makes me look like a floozy). It's soft enough to go on easily with no tugging, but it may be just a smidge too soft because it does smudge after a few hours of wear and if I use a smudger brush to smudge the line when I apply, it basically just smudges off completely. It is a deep color so I see why the "Smoldering" name is appropriate. I like the color so much that I would probably repurchase.

on 1/9/2012 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love pencil eyeliners and was excited to try this new one. I'm not impressed. This is "Brown" but looks to be black on me. One of those dark browns that looks black on like a lot of others I've tried on my super-white skin.
I've tried this a few times the past week and right away I have big smudges on my eyelids and it starts to smudge underneath.
In the garbage it goes!

on 1/5/2012 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, it is an ok eyeliner - nothing to write home about. It is as black as Urban Decay Liner in Zero. It is a bit dry but it doesn't tug on the eye lid when applying. The UD 24/7 liners are a bit more creamy. I also find the lasting power of UD liners are better--more long wearing.

When I put it on my upper waterline it does bleed down to the lower lash line. I look like a raccoon within an hour. Not good!

I'm not a fan of the packaging. It comes in fat pencil like NYX Jumbo pencils. L'Oreal was nice enough to include an oversize sharpener.

L'Oreal boasts that the shape of the liner is "perfectly shaped to glide on the top and lower lash line for dramatic shaping and contouring". I really don't think the shape is any more beneficial than any other eyeliner that is sharpened well.

In all, I wouldn't repurchase but will likely use the liner up. It is just ok - meh.