Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.2

on 8/23/2012 3:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty palette and I don't regret buying it, but I find it a little underwhelming. I bought it after seeing YouTube's emilynoel83 mention it in one of her videos... the shimmery neutral shades and cute packaging seemed right up my alley. Unfortunately, although the shadows do have a nice creamy texture and not a lot of fallout, the color payoff just isn't very impressive. Out of the 5 lighter shades in the palette (all of which look gorgeous in the pan), 4 of them look very similar when applied to my NC20 skin. Also, the cute little lacy compact doesn't stay closed very well, so I wouldn't recommend taking this with you on-the-go.

I'll keep this palette and finish it, but I won't be purchasing it again.

on 8/20/2012 6:42:00 AM

This is a very nice little palette! Medium pigmentation and with a primer underneath I get all-day wear. Versatile, well coordinated shades that easily can be worn day & night. The box comes with a mini-tutorial/suggestions on how they can be applied. The packaging is adorable (especially for a drugstore palette)! I can only think of two drawbacks; the finish (shimmer/frost) is the same for all the shades, and some of the shades are very thin and depending on the brush I'm using can be difficult to pick up. Would I repurchase? Probably not (but I rarely repurchase eyeshadows). Still, I'm glad I purchased this and will enjoy it while it lasts.

I really do love the packaging of this product.. I am a little disappointed in the pigmentation.. I would keep this product in my collection but if it ever ran out I would not buy it again.. I don't think that this would run out seeing as I don't think i'd use it as much.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the colours in the package(which is totally cute--I love the little bow and black fishnet covering) but the pigmentation is extremely low. I also feel like I can barely get the colours on my brush. Some of them come off completely different than they would seem, for example the pinky looking shade comes off a weird silvery colour. A lot of fallout too. They don't last extremely long either. I wouldn't repurchase :/

on 7/18/2012 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

These are nice! I didn't like the green eye shimmer strips but these seem to be much more velvety and pigmented. They seem to last all day too. I like it! I just worry about the packaging cause it's magnetic

I like this. It's not a holy grail eye shadow palette in my book by any means, as I'm not really into nude tones & I'd prefer higher end products. However for inexpensive, drugstore eye shadows - Physicians Formula is wonderful.

This palette is full of shimmery golds & taupes that all lean on the cooler side of the color spectrum. I'm NC10, so my warm tones sort of clash with it. However the shades make up for this con by being light. It never looks like I'm wearing too much eye shadow with these. They compliment my green eyes & are full of pigment.

I'd repurchase if I ever loved this enough to use it up.

on 6/24/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with the adorable packaging, its like sexy fishnet lingere! Heed warning ladies: i am not an experienced eye makeup person; i only wear mascara. I may not be the best reviewer if you are big into eye makeup and need decent advice. It was on sale at CVS for $6 and a steal i could not resist.
I am in love with the third color from the top. Its a light beige shimmery color and i think it looks so good with just a simple swipe on the eyelids. nothing else. I like this collection because it offers enough variety for a couple different looks. I dont really go out at night but the bottom three colors looks like it would be really smoky and sexy. I am in love with Physicians Formula lately, they sure have stepped up their game with better formulas and awesome packaging. In love!!! I use the second from the last color with the included slant sponge applicator to fill in my brows. Its an all-in-one for my eyes and brows. Love Love Love!!! Back about 10 years ago i tried the loose powders from this brand and found them to be cheap and did not perform well, but since then they really improved and i am so surprised.

This product fell flat for me. I LOVE nude eyeshadows, but this one is far from that. First off, the "nude" shadows consist of grey and silver colors. Since when were those nude??? I do not look good w/gray and silver eyeshadow/liner...etc. I should have known before I bought it. Secondly, it only comes with one applicator which makes it very difficult to apply a spectrum of colors without getting a glob of all of them combined...ahhh!!! The packaging is the best part. Def. skip this palette if you can!

on 6/6/2012 11:24:00 AM

A few years ago I bought a color palette from Stila which is my favorite palette of all time, so of course it is no longer made. I have been searching for a suitable replacement and this drugstore shimmer palette is the closest I could find. The packaging is adorable and you get a lot of shades for the price.

The colors offer a variety of nude looks, just like the package promises. However, the strips are sort of small and it can be hard to pick up just one color with a brush as other reviewers have stated. Overall, I like it for the price versus quality which can be hard to find in the drugstore!

on 6/1/2012 9:03:00 PM

First of all the packaging on this is adorable, I doubt that I have seen nicer packaging from a drugstore product.

As for the shadows here are my pros and cons.

PROS:
*Nice color selection, I quite enjoy the taupe shades, the peachy pink, and I like that there was a decent black included

*Good texture, these are pretty soft. I would compare the texture to the Wet and Wild trios which are a little bit more velvety than these.

*Pretty shimmer, I enjoy the shimmer. I think it was well done, not chunky or over glittery. It adds a nice kind of glow to the eyes.

*Cordinated shades. I noticed that the shades are actually kind of set into groups of three (if you look at the back of the package it points this out). The colors in the groups work well together, and overall each shadow in the kit works well with any one that you could think to pair it with on the eye. Nothing is really out of place or just thrown in there.

*Nice pigmentation. Not the best...but not the worst. I debated wether or not the pigmentation was a Pro. I decided it was because in the world of drugstore eyeshadows....pigmentation tends to be pretty hit or miss. The wet and wild shadows I find offer the best pigmentation. Though not as good as Wet and Wild, I still think these are fairly close.

*Easily blended, I found these easy to work with and had no issues with blending.

*Decent staying power. I do not use a primer, I simply put a little concealer on my lids and then blend it before applying shadows. I have not personally had a problem with the longevity of this product

*No creasing

CONS:
*Small amount of product. While I love the shades, the shimmer, etc etc. It is such a small amount of each color. And for the priced paid (around 18 dollars for me, though I am in Canada and I purchased this from Superstore) I would have liked for the shadows to be bigger.

*Difficult to pick up color with brush. Because the shadows are so small, thin, and close together. It is rather difficult to use a brush and grab only one shade without accidentally getting into the one beside it

*Not all of the shadows are the same size. It really irks me when brands do this and they make a kit, trio, or palatte and decide to make certain shades bigger or smaller than the other. I assume their thought is that certain shades are more likely to be used on the lid or what have you and so they give you more of that shade...however I dont think they should assume which colors we are going to use in which way when the kit comes with several colors, its just annoying when one of my favorite shades is signifcantly smaller than one that maybe is not my favorite or that I use less often.

*There is some fall out, nothing extreme and nothing that makes me regret my purchase. By using a fluffy powder brush with a little loose powder any fall out is easily fixed. But when I am in a hurry, I do not want to have to worry about the shimmery brown powder under my eyes (it really is not bad at all, i mention this only for the sake of those who like to get their make up done fast with no fuss no muss, no double checking)

*The pigmentation of probably 2 or 3 of the shades is not as good as the rest (I am mainly thinking of the more pink looking peachy shade). I feel like it was probably meant as a highlight color...but never the less i would have liked for the color of some of the lighter shades to be stronger since i think they are beautiful on the lid.

*No matte shades. I understand that it is "shimmer strips". And don't get me wrong i love shimmery shadows. But when I want to create a "nude" or natural looking eye, I require certain shades as well as some kind of balance. If they could have made maybe 2 or 3 of the darker brown shadow's matte, then i feel this palette would have been much better for creating the perfect nude look. I like for my eyes to have balance and I much prefer a dark matte shade in my crease to a shimmery one. Though as long as you have a few matte shadows floating arond in your collection this should not be a problem. But for convience sake, the lack of matte shadows was a con for me.

Overall I really enjoy this product and I know that I will got tons of daily use from it. I like that it can easily create a great natural day look, as well as a more rich and sultry look for night time. Very pleased with this palette and I hope Physicans Formula keeps up the good work! :)