Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.2

I thought the packaging was adorable with the black lace overlay on the pink. These colors together seem like a great idea (nice variety of neutrals) and I was excited about buying this. However, the strips are quite narrow and it is difficult to pick up just one color at a time. Also I really had to work to get the color to transfer to my eyelids. I used a brush and then my finger over that to pat on color and then the brush again to blend out. They're not that pigmented but the finish is really pretty. I like the sheen/shimmer....rather than gritty glitter. The texture is soft/silky. So while I like the product, I'm not overly impressed.

For anyone who is wondering if this could be a dupe for UD naked palette- the answer is no. This PF palette is packaged very nicely however it lacks pigments.... It's hard to pick up any eyeshadow and when i pat them on my lids, all i see are shimmer and barely any color and I am NC25. I dont reccomend this.

on 2/26/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great palette has beautiful colors and the packaging is really cute the only downfall is that the eye shadow stripes are so narrow that it's hard to pick up just one color with a regular eye shadow brush you end up usually picking up two colors. Besides that I really do enjoy it, it was only $10 at WalMart. I wouldn't repurchase only because the stripes are so narrow and I can't use a normal sized brush if you're looking for a great neutral palette I'd say check it out but you may want to use your fingers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow palette. This is my newest purchase of these eye palettes. The colors are pretty. I know someone people compare it to the UD naked palettes and I cannot really compare, since I do not have those. This is a nice palette for a nude/smoky or nude/natural eye. There are three options and they are all really pretty. These shadows wear well and look great on. I am not nuts about the packaging on these palettes or the applicator, but it is such a great value and a fantastic product, so I am willing to forgive the bulky packaging. I usually use them at home, because they take up a lot of space in my makeup bag.

on 2/11/2012 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I read lots of reviews before buying this product. I'm so disappointed. I couldn't pick up the colors using a brush at all. I finally resorted to using my fingers. It was the only way the color would transfer from the palette to my eyelid. For the price, I wouldn't buy it again. But I haven't tried to use it wet.

on 1/22/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Im really liking this palette. To start off with the case is super cute! Its easy to open too, unlike the plastic cases of their other palettes. The shades remind me of the one for hazel eyes but I like the colors in this one better. They are def shimmery but not ott. As always their shadows are soft and easy to blend. I really like that it includes a satin finish black. It looks nice if you follow the pre selected looks but I like to play around with different combos too. I can use it for a subtle day look or a totally smoked out look for night all from this lil gem. Def reccomend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the eye shadow palette, not the set of three eyeliners. I had been on the search for this palette since reading about it on blogs and MUA. I found it yesterday at CVS, along with the coordinating liner trio. From what I have read online, these WILL be part of the core collection and are NOT limited edition.

It seems like a lot of people online are comparing PF's Nude palette to Urban Decay's Naked palette. I own both. PF Nude is a smaller palette, all the shades are shimmery and neutral to cool. UD's Naked palette is a larger palette with more colors and is warm toned. In my opinion, a better comparison would be PF Nude and Too Faced Naked Eye palette.

The PF Nude palette is not a highly pigmented palette, even over primer. I am very pale, so the shades show up okay on me, but I imagine darker skintones may not have much use for this product. Even though it lacks strong pigmentation, I do like it for an easy, flawless workday look. If I could change anything about it, I would make it more pigmented and less shimmery.