Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by age: 19-24
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.1

I had made a YouTube video reviewing this palette if you want to see a better visual of how this palette is.

To just keep it simple and sweet, I love this palette because it's compact, pigmented, and easy to blend.
I swear to you, go to Sephora and swatch some of the Urban Decay eyeshadows. THEN go to a local drugstore and swatch these Physicians Formula eyeshadows. When you put those swatches together, you can't even tell which product is high end and which isn't. The quality of these Physicians formula shimmer strips is amazing, it's a very soft texture making it easy to blend. Also, it's very pigmented and there is no fall out when applying it to your lids.

Another reason I like this palette because it has the must needed colors that every girl needs in a palette, which is a shimmery lid color, a matte black, and a dark brown.

All in all, it is very much worth the money!

on 6/23/2013 7:13:00 PM

Gorgeous packaging, but very little pigmentation

The color range is nice, with mostly shimmery colors. The shadows feel very smooth and won't flake/crumble if you swipe a brush over them. However, the color payoff is pretty bad.

With that said, to make the most of this palette I apply a white cream eye shadow primer by NYX and apply the shadows over it for daytime looks.

I purchased this pallet a week or so ago and as I was reading reviews it was a surprise to me that so many people where bashing the "color pigment". Clearly the ones that say this did not read the instructions on the back of the box. It states for a more dramatic look to damp your brush before applying. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PALLET! I have been wanting to get the UD Pallet for a long time however I can not convince myself to spend that much on just eyeshadow! I have recently started using PF products (that my BFF recommended me to try) and I have just fell in love with every product I have used so far! It's great for people that can't afford high-end products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm a college student that dreams of obtaining the UD's Naked palettes without paying the high prices lol. So long story short, all the PF's products were at 50% discount in CVS, and I saw this gorgeous nude colors that reminded me of UDNP's in their cute packaging and couldn't help myself and bought it for $6.
They are shimmery and beautiful, but the color payoff is not the best. They don't have pigmentation as much as they have brightness. I love highlighting colors so I don't complain much about it, since the combinations look lovely for my hazel eyes. They glide like cream based shadows, effortlessly.
The array of colors is not the best, for the strips are very small and close to one another. You have to be careful with application to prevent mixing them together.
Overall I really like this product, I think it's decent and it works for me beautifully when I apply a primer beforehand. In the end, it's all a matter of taste and what works for you.
Since I am on a tight budget I can't really compare it to higher end similar eyeshadows but if you are picky with pigmentation go look for a product that has better quality and applies darker on the lids. (Would not recommed buying this for full price!) Good luck!

on 4/28/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Although I love the colours in this palette, there are a few reasons I would not consider purchasing the product a second time.
1) The strips of colour are small, and because there is nothing really dividing them, you run the risk of accidentally blending them (especially if you tend to favour big eyeshadow brushes).
2) The packaging is not all that great. It sure looks nice, but because I am constantly travelling between my house and my hometown, I have to pack it away. More than once it has opened in my make-up bag and things have dug into the product- messy.
3) The colours have a little bit too much sparkle for my liking. Not a soft shimmer, but a blatent sparkle which can end up on other parts of your face if you aren't careful.

So I enjoy the colour combination, but I don't consider the product anything "out of this world".

on 4/23/2013 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm from Australia and Physicians Forumla products are around $25 full priced, but i got mine on sale for around $15 which was a pretty good deal here. The pigmentation isn't amazing, but the colours are absolutely amazing when matched well! Don't look at the color combinations at the back because they're useless. Match according to your own preferences.

Packaging is magnetic and has cute lacing detailing, but not much product considering the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a nursing student on a budget and dont want to spend $50 bucks on the Naked palettes so I picked this up as an alternative and I must say that I love this pallet. Its small, easy to use, fits into my makeup bag and purse, stays on all day, love the applicator, the palette is cute and it has all of the right nudes that I need. The only downfall is the palette doesnt have a clip to keep it closed and may open other than that, I would def buy again and still gets 5 stars

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking forward to trying this and searched what seemed like everywhere for it. I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to the UD's Naked and Naked2 palettes. But this fell short of my expectations for Physicians Formula, whose other custom strips I like such as the hazel set. But this one was completely different than the ones I have purchased for years. The color does not stay nor does it apply well. The shadow breaks up and gets everywhere in the container with the softest touch from the brush. It is just terrible to apply I can't explain it besides that it's cheap quality. Nevertheless, will not purchase again and do not recommend.

on 2/27/2013 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

All the versions of these have really pretty colors HOWEVER the pigmentation in them doesn't stand up to what it looks like in the package. Definitely need a primer for these. Very shimmery almost metallic (in the smoky one) which is pretty cool, the texture is nice and packaging is verry cute. I wasn't terribly impressed but not all that disappointed.. It's a decent product for sure

UPDATE: Been trying to use this more.. I really DON'T like it. It literally takes like 5 minutes to get the color on your eye to where you can actually see it. I've come to not like the texture at all, its rough and reminds me of sand. It's really a shame because the colors look so pretty and very promising.

on 9/26/2012 8:34:00 PM

After reading the reviews stating how dissapointed people were with this product, I bought this hesitantly. CVS was having a sale on physicians formula, I would get $7 in EB so I thought why not?? I love the packaging, so cute. As far as the pigmentation, I found that with a primer and eyeshadow base, the colors are sooo nice, even on my caramel skin tone. I love nudes but can't afford the Naked palette, so this is a great alternative. Just use both a primer and base like NYX Jumbo pencil!!