Philips Lumea Prestige - Hair Removal Device

Philips Lumea Prestige  - Hair Removal Device

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff and i wish i had bought it sooner. After the 5th time using it i have no more hairs in my bikini area, which is great for me, since i used to always get horrible pimples from waxing or shaving around there. My legs have around 60% less hairs, i guess i still need a couple of times for the legs, since the hairs there are very light brown, same thing with the arms and armpit ;-) Wonderful device!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have used Philips Lumea on my underarms and rather-deep-bikini area 6 times (you are supposed to use it every two weeks and then, when the hair is gone, every 4-6 weeks to keep up). I mostly chose for intensity 5 (highest). I can quite easily tolerate this intensity, though it is not particularly comfortable in some areas, which are more sensitive (I then adjust the intensity to make it more comfortable). It is not painful though (I have a long history of using wax and electrical depilators, so I know what is painful :) ), just uncomfortable. Feels like a stinging hot flash. As the lamp tends to get warmer during the procedure, it's best to use it first on your most sensitive areas and then proceed further. What I don't like is that you are supposed to shave the treated areas prior to using Lumea. I completely dislike shaving as I get ingrown hairs and irritation from it. I can not complain about the battery life (I did read reviews and saw that it's quite short). I don't use it on large areas, so it's more than enough for me. It takes me 10-15 minutes to treat both my underarm and bikini areas. Back to the effect now. It actually works :) 1/5 hair left in my underarms and 1/6 - in my bikini area. I have to add that according to Philips classification I am a perfect candidate for getting good results as I have pale skin and dark hair. I will definitely continue using Lumea and update the review. I purchased it for 400 euro here, in the Netherlands (it normally costs 500 but Philips offered a temporary discount). Quite expensive but according to the manual there are enough flashes in lumea for the next 5 years or so (80.000 flashes in total according to my manual). UPDATE (12 months after having purchasing it): It's great. Really. But not everywhere.. My underarms are nearly completely "immune" to Lumea. I have stopped using it there to save the light flashes for areas where it does work - my bikini line. Even if I ignore it (I just tend to forget to use it), the hair does grow back but not just as bad as it normally does. And if I start using Lumea every couple of weeks again I see the amazing hair-free result again. You just have to be consistent with Lumea and then you are going to get a perfect result. Yes, I do use it during the summer (I avoid the sun, never use the sun-beds and use my sun protection religiously).

Top Rated Hair Removal