Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/17/2012 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

What else can be said other than this is AMAZING!!! I'm very fair, platinum hair and freckles. I always kept my eyeshadow very "nude" because the bolder shades scared the crap outta me! I was feeling rather brave one day and bought this palette because of all the rave reviews. Once I watched some tutorials and learned how to properly apply different shades and use different techniques/brushes...I was astonished! Even the darkest, scariest shades in the palette complimented my complexion. This accompanied by my MAC paintpot in Bare Study are definitely my HG eye shadows now!! (I rarely use the term HG because I'm constantly looking for the next great thing...so saying these are HG is a huge deal for me!!! Also the mix of matte, shimmer, and pearl finishes is the icing on the cake!!

on 11/25/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've decided to update this after using the product for a couple months. I do find I use this product often so I'm bumping it up to a 4 rating though I still do have some issues with it. Ideally, it would be a 3.5 The fallout is massive. Can't apply with a brush, have to use my finger to dab it on or it ends up all over my face. I have tried applying them before the rest of my makeup but sometimes I still get glitter and sparkle on my cheeks that I can't get off. There is a little more glitter to many of the shades than I would like. I do think the actual shades are very pretty. Chopper is almost unwearable for me because of the amount of gliiter in it. A shame, cause it is such a pretty color. The matte brown shade lacks pigment. I don't find these crease on me but they do migrate a bit and shed powder flakes and the lasting power is better than drugstore but not wonderful. They do fade. They are so soft and powdery that I find them really hard to blend and this is not helped by the fact that the fallout is so bad and they are so powdery that I have not found an ideal brush to use with them. That said, the colors are nice and much better than drugstore quality. I also think the gloss pairs really well with the eye shades.

on 11/17/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this palette but I feel it looks too much like the first one. I own too faced natural and I also have the first naked palette. I suppose I could have skipped this one but there is a difference although subtle. The naked 2 has a grey-ish cast to it. The two palettes are not the same but very similar you don't need both in my opinion. The first one is more gold toned and the second is greyish. The third I heard is more pink. Not sure if I'll get that one. My favorite is naked 2 for now. Nc44 for reference.

on 10/12/2012 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great palette of colours! love it and its so handy for travelling, this is the only one you need.

on 10/7/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese. 5 lippies bc it is easy to wedge out any pan from the UD N and N2 with a paring knife and mix the palette of colors I want into this great travel hard case! Best of both worlds!

The 15th set was much harder to remove...I would recommend letting the palette sit in a hot car or garage for an afternoon to soften the glue. :)

Combo's I like:
1. Subtle smokey/silver: MAC Shale (smoke out from outer), N2 Verve (inner)
2. Violet crease/bronze monolidder: UD15 Omen crease & extend up, N2 Half Baked lid (packed at base)

on 10/5/2012 3:25:00 PM

I've heard that this was UD's first palette with the new e/s formula, which totally makes sense because these are the only UD shadows that actually crease on me. I've tried every primer and colored base I own and they still fade/crease.

With that said, I still really enjoy the colors and continue to use the palette. I have dark hair, hazel eyes and a warm skintone but I feel like I can pull off most of the colors quite well....*gives shifty eyes to verve*...

I've also repurchased this as a gift to a friend of mine who has completely opposite coloring from me (blond, blue eyes, cool skintone) and she adores this.

My favorite colors are tease, snakebite and pistol.

on 10/4/2012 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I prefer this to the Naked 1 palette but only slightly. The colours are more suitable for my cool skin tone (15-20). I prefer the packaging design on this too - it is heavier but the case is more suitable for travel.

So much better than the original Naked palette. I was not quite impressed by the original one, too warm toned and too glittery for my taste, I didn't find it was quite "naked" or "nude", because for a very fair complexion like mine, the colors remained a little bit too deep for a natural look. (BUT the great point in Naked 1 was the eyeshadow Naked, this one I love to pieces I must say.)
Naked 2 is more on the cooler side, which suits me better, and the shimmery side is like toned down to make it more wearable, the big plus is there is a good matte black eyeshadow. The colors are all wearable, I use them all, whereas I use only a couple of shades in Naked 1. I was disappointed there is a repeated shade though, and moreover not my favorite, Half Baked. They should have repeated the eyeshadow Naked imo.

Naked 1 was so disappointing to me and remained practically untouched, whereas Naked 2 is a winner hands down. I've been playing with it on a daily basis since I bought it, this is truly a gem, flattering and classy, I'm in love with it ! Would definitely buy again.

I have a dream that Urban Decay comes up with a Naked 3 palette made exclusively of matte eyeshadows....... will my dream come true? :) time will tell.

on 9/22/2012 9:06:00 PM

Nice colors, the pigment is lovely, however, I had read a bunch of reviews prior to purchase and I am not nearly as impressed as i thought I would be. I found another 'naked' type of palette by another brand that I am much happier with, even better- it was half the price.

on 9/19/2012 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have fair, warm toned skin and like others have said, this palette is cool toned. When I went into Sephora and looked at it, I thought the colors looked so pretty and that I would be able to make them work on my skin but for the most part, they do not :(
I love the texture, pigmentation, the way they blend etc... even the packaging is excellent but they just don't work for my skin tone.