Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I already own the Naked 1 and was debating on getting this as it already has one color (half baked) that is a dupe from the first palette. Also, when I bought the first Naked 1 palette, I paid $44. Now the price is a bit steep at $50. I still think its a great deal and awesome quality but I wish they wouldn't raise the prices so much. As for the colors, all of them are very similar to Naked1 but maybe with a few more grey colors. In the end that is what convinced me to purchase this palette as well. I wore Suspect today with Tease and Naked (from naked1) in the crease and Booty Call to highlight and am very pleased with the look. I am thinking Suspect will be a very good shade for day to day wear even on its own. After applying the eyeshadow this morning I am definitely happy I splurged and got this in addition to the Naked 1. I also like that the packaging is much sturdier than naked 1.

on 2/27/2013 6:38:00 AM

For the past year I've been using the Naked palette at least once a week. When naked 2 came out, I didn't buy it because I figured it would be too similar to the first one. UrbanDecay.com had a 20% off sale so my cheap ass decided to buy it. I'm so glad I did. This palette is cool toned compared with the warmer tones of Naked. I'm very pale and this palette works better for me. I love the silvery shades in here. It's just beautiful. I can see myself using this palette much more than the first Naked.

I have been on the fence about purchasing this palette for a while because I typically don't wear eyeshadow. But I'm so glad I got it! I LOVE it. The pigment is great and they blend like butter. I don't think it's too shimmery at all. There is a good variety of shimmer and matte shadows. Perfect for everyday wear and there are so many combos you can use with the shadows. Today I used Pistol, Busted, Blackout & Bootycall. And the double ended brush that comes with it is PERFECT. Usually the brushes that come with palettes are crap and not useable. This is one is reallllly good. Best purchase of 2013 so far!

on 1/28/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a long time naked 1 lover, I had been getting tired of using the same colours all the time (had my naked 1 for about 2 years now!) and picked up naked 2 to try some new shades.
I do like this palette, it's a good deal and the quality of the shadows is excellent as usual. Like naked 1, this is mostly shimmer/glittery shades except for 2 matte shades.
I MUCH prefer the casing for this palette to the naked 1 palette which (despite being a pretty clean and a neat person) is very dirty now. That being said, the colours in naked 2 are pretty to look at but I still havent discovered my favourite go-to shades in this palette yet (from naked 1, i LOVED naked and smog).
I love the little lip gloss included with the palette but the brush in the palette is rubbish.

on 1/27/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this palette because I love the versatility of neutrals and because of the cost value of eyeshadow palettes versus single pots. I'm not disappointed by this palette but to be honest, I don't reach for this one as much as the Naked 1 palette. I find a lot of the Naked 2 eyeshadows don't show up on my NC35 skin tone. Mine came with a mini lipgloss that I haven't touched. If there's ever a "Naked 3", I'd probably buy it, but for now, Naked 2 is "meh".

So, I had been eyeing the Naked palate's for awhile, almost buying them but not able to handle $50. Then Ulta told me that I couldn't use the $350 in Ulta points I had saved up the last 18 months for Christmas in another state, so I decided that once I made it back to what they considered my "home" state I would be using them all up and never shopping at Ulta again. Ahem.

Anyways, this meant I could finally justify buying this. And WOW.

I've only used a handful of the colors so far, but WOW. I use Too Face's Shadow Insurance as a primer, and this stuff stays all day. Out performs my Lancome's and Chanel's and Estee Lauder's. Plus it goes on soooo smoothly. I even adore the eye shadow brush it came with. I like to use the shadows to line my bottom lid, and it stays all day. Yes, $50 is a lot of money and I can't say you HAVE to have it, but if you can swing it I think you'll be happy.

on 1/20/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty goof-proof palette. Most of the colors are forgiving enough that you don't need precise application and it is very blendable. I feel you get a good amount of eye shadow in each pan, unlike a lot of drug store shadows that get used up very quickly. A big bonus is that there a million tutorials on youtube, so you can feel confident you will know how to use this palette, including the shades that look unwearable in the pan. I bought this at Ulta, and asked a salesgirl to help me decide between this and Naked 1. I was surprised to see that although I have a warm complexion, this palette was a better fit. Overall the colors in this palette seem more wearable to me. The salesgirl told me that this is more of a daytime palette which to me means more forgiving, so if you are not an eyeshadow guru this a great palette to use.
I took off a star because it is not really portable, I did not take it on vacation with me, and the 50 dollar price tag is a bit of a punch in the gut.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I know this is a well loved and much hyped product, but I personally think it is overrated. The eyeshadow quality is middle of the road -- not bad, not great. Some colors apply patchy and kick up powder. Pigmentation is great for some colors, poor for others. Fallout is a bit insane. Color selection is nice, but there are better performing eye palettes for the same price or less.

on 12/22/2012 6:17:00 AM

Oh, I love this wonderful palette ! I was hesitant to order it from the Sephora web site because of the price (60 $ CND), but after reading all the positive reviews here on MUA, I caved in and bought it. I never looked back since then ! I love all the combinations that this product allows me to do, the colors are pigmented, natural and great for my fair complexion. I rarely buy such an expensive eye palette, but it was a Christmas gift from me to me, and I'm glad i indulged myself with it. :)

After lusting over this palette for months, I finally broke down and self-gifted it to myself. 'Tis the season, and all...

Oh. My. God. I LOVE this palette. The colors are very complementary on my neutral/slightly cool complexion, and even the black shadow, which I thought would be way too scary on my fair skin, looks fabulous with just a little used at the outer corners of my eyes. I had been looking for the perfect "greige" color for a while, and I love both the Tease and Busted color. Every shade is super wearable for everyday, and easily built up for more dramatic night-time looks.

The shadow feels really smooth and creamy going on, and I love how blendable it is.

I also really like the brush. It's not the usual poor-quality applicator you get in so many makeup packages. The tapered end picks up just the right amount of product and is stiff enough that I have total control over where I'm placing color. The crease brush is a bit too soft and fluffy, IMO--I prefer something denser. But it makes a pretty good blending brush, so I'm continuing to use my old crease brush and using the UD one for blending.

The palette IS pricey, but when you consider the amount of product that you're getting, how useable and wearable each shade is, and the quality of the brush, it's really not too bad. I anticipate that this will last me a long time, but when I start scraping the last bits out of the pan, I will be definitely be back at the store for another of these.