Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/6/2014 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first large palette and Urban Decay and I was not disappointed. I didn't really experiment with eyeshadow until I got this, I used to just stick to grey, silver and black. Now I experiment every day, I have the Naked 1 and the Naked basics 2 and I wouldn't use another brand now, they are gorgeous.
The texture of them are so soft and easy to blend.. I'm not the most skilled eye makeup applier but I do a great job with these.
I don't rate the brush but I never do like the applicators that you get in makeup sets, no matter what the price. I use my trusty Real Techniques base shadow brush and a Mac 217 and find that it is a perfect partnership.
I have only just purchased Naked 1 so I can't really compare the 2 yet but the colours look beautiful in all 3 sets..I'm not sure that I will get Naked 3 because it looks too pink for me.
It seems pricey at 37 but the 12 shadows last forever and the packaging is both fancy and practical.
I can't recommend this palette enough, it's great!

on 9/12/2014 1:23:00 AM

It's true. Everything about this palette, from the rich pigmentation, beautiful packaging and skin flattering shades. Even the free lip gloss that comes with it is beautiful. The only thing that I didn't like is the slight 'artificial ' scent. Good basic to have.

I am in love with this palette and how pigmented all the colors are. I could not live without this palette. Any eye shadow made by Urban Decay is amazing! This is a must have in your make up collection. It is definitely worth splurging for! The only thing I would change is the packaging. I like the packaging a lot more in the original Naked palette.

on 7/18/2014 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I feel this (along with all the Naked palettes) is over-hyped and WAY overpriced for the quality and variety of colors offered. Naked 2 seemed like it would be great with it's trendy metal packaging and array of neutral shades. Unfortunately, they are nearly all shimmer with only about 2 matte shades. Although neutral looking in the palette, once applied these shadows create a shimmery mess! The only shade I'm using from this palette is 'Tease', a soft taupe color which is matte!

I contemplated buying this for a while but I am so happy I did. It is $60cdn so it isn't cheap. The colours are so outstanding and they stay on so well!! The darks are so dark and are so blendable!! This palette works so well for my cool olive skin tone and is so versatile that it is my go to palette to bring on every vacation. You can go from daytime makeup to smokey eye makeup no problem!! When used with UD eye primer it stays on all day and night with no creasing. I am just so impressed with the colour payoff and very little fallout. Love it!!

on 7/10/2014 11:52:00 AM

I'm quite late to the Urban Decay naked party as I always looked at the shadows and thought they were too shimmery/sparkly for my taste and looked a little 'teenage' drug store product.
It was not until my local House Of Fraser store opened a concenssion that I was able to swatch the palettes and was surprised how much I liked it after all.

By the time I came to do this this, all 3 naked palettes were out and I chose this number 2. Naked one was overall too warm and 3 too pink and warm.
I liked the slightly cooler toned vibe of the collection, although I would agree with others who have complained it is not cool enough, there is still a few warm toned shades there which in my opinion make it unnecessary to own both 1 and 2, unless you are just collecting the palettes for the sake of having them all.

There are a few of the shades which I don't love. The matte cream is too stark and too flat, matte and a little powdery for my taste, I would have preferred a softer, satin finish and slightly less yellow toned.
I also don't love the golden colour as it is one of the brassy orange toned golds that can be a little difficult to pull off, I have found layering one of the other shades on top though makes it a bit more wearable.

I do agree it could do with less shimmer throughout the palette, but I wouldn't want more matte. I would rather one or two satin finish (one to replace the matte cream) and maybe a mid toned taupe satin and one of the darker browns and then keep the remaining matte plummy taupe and matte black. That would then be still 7 shimmer and 5 matte/satin which would work for me better.

Overall i like the quality of the shadows, they have good pigmentation and apply smoothly. They layer well and blend into each other without blending away and I find they staying power to be very good.
The brush included I do not use for the eyeshadow, but for concealer instead and find that useful.

The packaging I like, it is different to other brands I own and stands out. It doesn't look as cheap as I imagined from online photos. It feels sturdy and I have confidence that it will travel well. I have not had any issues with opening/closing the lid as others have mentioned.
The mirror is large and useful.

Overall I am happy with my purchase, although not my favourite eyeshadows, I am impressed and feel this is a welcome addition to my collection. I will find it most useful to take on a weeks holiday and not need to worry about bringing any other eyeshadows and can create a few afferent looks. Although there are one or two shadows I'm not thrilled with, having played around a bit, I can make it work enough to like the palette overall.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Having a vast collection of eyeshades, I didn't feel compelled to jump on the bandwagon immediately when the first Naked palette came out, but I was in the store ASAP when I found out about this one because I love taupey shades. I actually was fortunate enough to nab a box that a sales associate accidentally left out before they were to go on sale a couple of years ago.

I like the general cooler tone of these shadows, but I honestly think that everyone assumes every shadow in this palette is cool because the packaging is cool-toned. Half Baked is in here also, which is a golden copper shade, annoying since it is in Naked 1 and I don't wear coppers or warm golds, and Foxy is also a warm-toned sheer neutral. I like the packaging better than Naked 1, since it clicks shut. Comes with a decent brush, but I put my own brush in there.

I'd recommend it for someone who either 1- loves collecting palettes like me 2- needs a great intro to neutrals with a variety of shades 3- knows very little about makeup and hasn't tried UD because this is a fair number of shadows to acquire at the same time, and you get to try the primer and brush too. For someone who already has tons of shadows and knows what to do with neutrals and has experimented plenty, the palette is just nice to have. How much you love it depends on why you buy it!

If I ever hit any pan, I don't see needing to repurchase the entire thing but would just buy the shades I ran out of. I would, however, purchase this as a gift, so that's why I said I'd repurchase.

on 6/5/2014 2:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This palette is holy grail! These shadows are so creamy and beautiful. They last forever! Is there fallout? Sure. I just tap off my brush and clean up afterwards or do my eyes first before makeup. Here are a rundown of the colors..
Foxy is a yellow based matte color great for base
Half baked is a beautiful gold glitter. Lovely to add warmth to a look
Bootycall is a pink based shimmer I mix with foxy and put all over
Chopper is just blah for me. Too orange for my skin tone
Tease is the most gorgeous matte purply brown mauve shade. Great crease color
Snakebite is a nice shimmery brown color. Good crease
Suspect is a wonderful light gold color.. Soooo pretty
Pistol is a greenish grey color.. Doesn't suit me
Verve is a gorgeous oyster color. Too cool on its own but gorgeous warmed up with tease
Ydk is a glitter pinky brown. A good bit of glitter
Busted is a dark brown similar to hustle. Has a slight reddish undertone
Blackout is a matte true black

My favorite combos are foxy Bootycall and tease in crease
Suspect and verve mixed together with tease or snakebite in crease
Ydk all over lid, busted in crease

This pallete is so amazing. I love to pair it with the naked original. The only two colors I'm not crazy about are chopper and pistol. Both are usable for me in moderation. I will never be without this palette. I'm in love.

on 4/29/2014 4:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this as a gift from an amazing friend. I truly believe I could trash almost every other shadow I own, and this would keep me covered. There are enough options, matte and shimmer, lights and darks, to accomplish almost any look. The colors are very pigmented, and glide on amazingly. Made sure you tap your brush before applying, or you will get fallout when applying. I use this palette nearly every. There is not a single color in Naked 2 that I haven't found a use for. I can even use Tease to fill in my brows, and Blackout makes a great liner. All of the colors are just beautiful, and would likely flatter almost all skin tones.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love, love, love this! Mix and match any combination of the colours. With primer colours last long time. Love all the colours although some get more use then the others. And a little goes a long way. Can use this palette for everyday looks or glam it up for extra beautiful eyes too.