Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 3/14/2013 5:18:00 PM

I first got a trial size of this because I wasn't sure how i'd like it, but i went through it so quickly and decided to get a full size!! It is some awesome stuff! I've fried my hair and this helps it shine, even though it's in horrible condition. I love it and definitely will repurchase again!!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product has changed my hair! I have somewhat coarse, curly hair that I straighten or curl almost daily. Anytime I blow dry my hair, it gets SUPER frizzy and stands on end and feels like straw. My hair is rarely ever shiny and rarely ever feels soft. I let my hair air dry until it's about 50% dry, spray 2 pumps of this dry oil into my hands and distribute it throughout my hair, then I proceed to blow dry it. After I'm done blow drying, I put a little more of this on my hair and straighten it. After using this, my hair is instantly transformed into a soft, shiny curtain of hair with little to no frizz and smells great too! I love it. I'm on my second bottle of this and will continue to repurchase. I don't know that my hair could live without it.

on 1/3/2013 1:10:00 AM

Damn that Sephora and their samples. I get suckered into to buying so much crap because of their delux samples. Needless to say I received this as a sample. I used it on damp hair. The smell is nice, it has a clean scent to it, very pleasant. I blow dry my hair and use a Chi styling iron. This dry oil mist made my hair very soft, there was no greasy after effect at all. My hair was shiny and when I dried it and used the iron, my hair felt smooth. It gave a nice finish to my hair. I have naturally straight, medium texture hair. I just bleached the underside of my hair by my temples and my hair is very damaged right now. This oil makes it so soft and pretty. I just ordered 2 bottles from Sephora. It's $24 a bottle for 4oz. That's pricey but it works wonders so I don't mind paying that price.

on 12/10/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Background: I don't like to use heat on my hair anymore since I used to damage it a ton with hair drying and straightening, even with protectant. I prefer the look of when my hair dries naturally since it has a bit of a wave, but unfortunately my hair is very dry and frizzy and thick. It is soooo fluffy after I wash it.

I got this as a sample and it is amazing. I spritz it in when my hair is damp, and it dries so nicely. It makes my hair soft, smooth, and completely tames the fluff factor. I usually use argon or olive oil in my wet hair, but if I accidentally pour out too much, it's an easy way to get greasy and weighed down results. However, this stuff does the same thing without any fear of weighing down my hair. Granted, my thick hair absorbs quite a bit, but they way this mists really gets every strand instead of targeting only one area. I only wash my hair every 3 days or so, and I only need to use this on days I wash, because the effect lasts for the next few days. It also smells lovely, and I was complimented on it too. Would definitely repurchase.

on 12/9/2012 9:56:00 PM

After trying EVERYTHING I could find to try and tame my frizzy, damaged hair, I had settled on argan oil, thinking it was the best I could do. I received a sample of the alterna dry oil spray from sephora- AMAZING! Even my stylist was blown away at the difference! My hair is shiny and smooth and even my color holds between appointments! This stuff is liquid gold!

on 10/11/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this lightweight spray. It spreads the product evenly. Eliminates frizz from my coarse hair. Not super expensive, compared to my old HG Kerastase or similar products.

on 9/6/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I got the sample size as a Sephora gift and I love this stuff! Top quality product, smells so good and works to keep frizz down and add shine! Also, a little goes a long way. I'm very pleased :)

on 8/31/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On my second bottle and yes I would buy again despite the price. I have super frizzy hair that gets a split end as soon as I bring my GHD near it. Since I've started using this I have not noticed a single split end and my hair is noticeably softer and easier to manage. As a "dry" oil my hair absorbs it pretty quickly although I do feel a very slight touch of stickiness when I touch my hair. Luckily I haven't broken out from it. The smell is pretty mild and not bothersome. I use this in conjunction with Moroccan Oil and/or Enjoy Smoothing serum and my hair looks healthier and softer.

on 8/13/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff!! I live in a dry climate, so my hair gets quite dry especially in the winter. This mist is lightweight and does not weigh my hair down nor leave my hair greasy. I love that this is a fine mist so it distributes the product evenly. I love this way more than my HG Biosilk because I find that the mist is much lighter on my hair and less messy to apply (It doesn't get all over my hands).

My only gripe about this is the price. It costs $27 CAD for 125 mL. For that price, it should come with more product because daily use with this bottle has only lasted a few months.

I have since found a similar drugstore product called Organix Moroccan Argan Oil. It costs $10 for 118 mL and requires less spritzes than the Alterna one. Though it is argan oil and not kendi oil, I find that it works the same on my hair. Love it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Five star product. It has so many uses. First I use it as my smoothing treatment so my hair dries nice and moisturized, then I use it as a heat protectant so it doesnt get iron fried, then when its all done I add a few spritzes for added shine. Only drawback is that its expensive but its definitely well worth it!