Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: I'm knocking a star off of this because I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would. I do like the concept of an oil spray, however, I'm finding that it tends to give a concentrated burst of oil instead of an all over even mist. So it tends to look uneven throughout my hair and can make some sections look greasy. I tried holding the bottle back but then it goes all over the tile floor and makes it a slippery mess. So now I'm thinking the spray may not be the best application after all.

Very nice! And I love how easy it is to use, just spray it on lightly. I use it on the length of my hair, not near the roots. The first time I used it I thought I had overdone it and my hair looked greasy, but it soaked in within a couple minutes and made my hair look healthy.

on 7/25/2015 10:22:00 AM

I received this in a small sample and have repurchased the big bottle because I love it so much. I use this as a finishing spray to reduce frizz and add shine. I have fine curly hair and when my hair is 90% dry I spay a few time into my hand and gently add the product all over my head. This reduces frizz and finishes my everyday look. I've also used this on damp hair before I blow dry as a hair protectant and it works very well. It's worth every penny.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing product. Works so well on my fine, damaged hair. I can use it on wet or dry hair and it never feels heavy or greasy. I feel like it really heals and protects my hair and it makes it look shiny and healthy. Love!

Best shine spray I've found ever since my HG Ojon one was discontinued. This doesn't weigh down my baby fine, color treated hair and imparts a beautiful glossy shine.

on 1/5/2015 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is horrible. Makes my hair oily, matte, stiff, dry. It's a very bad mix of mineral oil and silicones. Huge waste of money.

on 11/30/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update: I repurchased this after using up yet another bottle of my beloved ION Keratin Dry Oil mist. Why? Because I wanted to be fair and give a more thorough review.

This makes my hair soft without weighing it down. I appreciate that it has a bunch of natural oils yet doesn't make me look like a balding rat.

HOWEVER I feel the ION is still very close in formula/performance, but gives more slip than Alterna. That is definitely due to the fact the Alterna version isn't loaded with silicones. Ion does have quite a bit of silicones and my hair loves that.

Alterna's version is still WONDERFUL and I'm VERY thankful for there being another dry oil on the market. However this just isn't "holy grail" status.
--------
Original review:

I'm not saying this is a bad product. I am however, saying, that the price is ridiculous and I was able to find an even BETTER quality dupe. If any of you love this dry oil, check out ION Keratin Dry Oil Mist from Sally Beauty Supply. ION is about $7. The consistency is lighter than Alterna's. If ION's dry oil disappeared off the market, I would settle and continue repurchasing Alterna's Bamboo Smooth "dry" Oil Mist as it is a close second best.

Either way I am just happy to see another dry oil on the market. I can not think of any hair type these would not work on. Dry oils are especially a miracle product for us gals with damaged fine hair as it is very moisturizing yet light in consistency.

on 10/11/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My go to dry oil. This stuff is seriously Amazing. It has a strong clean floral feminine scent so beware of that if you have a sensitive nose. It works like magic when flat ironing my curly hair. Even though it might not look it, I have very fine/thinish curly hair that is rather easy to straighten and this stuff doesn't weigh it down at all. It leaves my hair feeling suuuuper soft with added shine and good movment. I also use it when I do up dos for added shine and when I wear my natural curls. This stuff is ace.

on 10/1/2014 12:18:00 PM

I have purchased this numerous times, and it has saved my hair. Countless times, I am done styling my hair and it looks dry and awful. One spritz, one section at a time, then a once-over with a flat iron, and my hair looks 1,000 times better. It doesn't make my hair look greasy or weigh it down.

on 9/4/2014 2:21:00 AM

This stuff is so expensive but with it! Leaves great shine and not heavy at all!! I've tried all sorts of oils and serums that only weighted my hair down. Great detangler when getting right out the shower and super for adding shine to dull hair in any style.

Amazing product that I finally had to get full size! It says for medium hair my hair is medium to thick, very prone to frizz, long, and loves moisture. I only need a small amount which shocks me and this makes my hair so shiny and smooth! I like the sprayer on this but the bottle is delicate so not super travel friendly IMO. I have the small bottles which, one could use for travel because this stuff is pretty amazing. I thought only Argan oil would work for my hair till I tried this. A few sprays on damp hair before I braid it and when I take it out my hair is smooth, wavy, and frizz free. It's also good for touch ups and does not make my hair greasy!

It's definitely on the pricey side but you do not need a lot. Even those with finer to thick hair could use this as a shine spray and/or frizz tamer. I like how it absorbs into the hair it doesn't feel like it sits on top of my hair. When I first used this months ago I wasn't expecting much but when it really made a difference. I knew I had to go full size because I didn't want to go without this! A little goes a long way too which rocks. This is a product I really would and do tell my friends to try, because it just makes my hair feel so lush and under control. It makes me want to get the shampoo and conditioner too. :) Recommended!