Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

on 4/27/2018 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've heard so many good things about this product and so many people have sworn by it. BUT I dont know... I'm not seeing the miracles that this concealer brings to others. Maybe I haven't got too much experience with other concealers. (Maybe it's Maybelline haha ;) It's great but I reckon it's best used when the sponge is taken off. Much more sanitary! Also, I have the shade medium and light (I need to mix the two to get the right shade) and I think they need a larger shade range. It would also be great if they could come out with shades with more yellow undertones.

I have waited a long time before writing this review, I wanted to formulate my opinion properly.
It is good but not perfect - first of all - colour range could be improved (maybe its just limited where I live?) - I have the lightest shade I could buy and it is still a bit dark when I am pale. Works fine when i am a bit tanned so I can live with that (I self tan but don’t always bother so go through pale phases;) ). It covers well - I would definitely say medium coverage at least (I don’t like heavy heavy coverage in foundation/concealers) - I occasionally have dark circles but not on regular basis.
Works well under eyes as well as general concealer but if used under eyes it has to be set with powder (otherwise will crease) - fortunately a light layer of powder is sufficient to make it last all day (I don’t use baking technique...) . Can be blended with a sponge but finger works just fine.
I am in my mid 30s and it doesn’t make my undereye too dry and it doesn’t accentuate fine lines - actually makes my makeup looks fresh/youthful in a way.
A little goes a long way, packaging is good too.
So yeah, I guess it’s something I would repurchase and recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This has become one of my favourite concealers. I find it works really well as a neutraliser and can be used as a general concealer, not just for under-eye circles. Because it has yellow undertones, it's really good for darker marks. In general, it's good at covering any multitude of sins.

Personally I really like the sponge applicator and it tends to run out before it becomes unhygienic.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this product, I use the 'fair' shade and it works beautifully with my 'I never go out in sunlight, Irish skin' I never get any creasing or ball up of the product and I have dry skin. I do set it with a light brush of translucent powder and it stays where I put it all day!

on 4/23/2018 11:16:00 AM

This is such a good cheap concealer to have around, especially if your under eye circles are not extremely dark. I feel like if you had extreme dark circles it might not be completely effective without a corrector underneath.

I'm a makeup junkie that doesn't buy many drugstore items because I just seem to get better results with higher end stuff. This is the exception to that rule, though. I don't wear it all the time and I removed the funky little ball applicator because it didn't seem sanitary. However when I do wear it I have no problems with it. I prefer a creamy but not greasy concealer for my undereye and I find this to be the perfect consistency when used over a good silicone based primer. It always blends out flawlessly with a damp beauty blender, never patchy or streaky.

I usually set with kat von d baking powder or nyx mineral powder and it doesn't budge, even in the heat. I do have to touch it up with powder sometimes if I do a lot of sweating or if my skin is extra oily that day, but I don't have any issues with creasing like some others have. It doesn't oxidize either.

Overall you cant beat it for the price, you can usually find coupons or sales also so I ended up getting mine for around $6.

on 4/12/2018 1:44:00 AM

I don't like this concealer what is the hype about?? It creases and does not conceal dark circles! What did I think about? Waste of money

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have gone through several of the brightening shade and several of the light shade of this concealer. This is an excellent drugstore concealer. It's medium to full coverage on me. It won't be enough if you have true dark circles or melasma but it works great to brighten under the eyes. It's creamy and hydrating, it never makes my under eyes dry or crepey. I do not use this on blemishes. The sponge is a little weird and seems gross but it works pretty well and you can pull it off if you want to. When set with powder, it lasts all day. It's doesn't burn or irritate my skin (Maybelline Fit Me burns under my eyes). It's one I go back to over and over again.

I absolutely love this for contouring! I found out about this from an Instagram MUA. It’s really inexpensive & lasts a long time. It’s never caused any breakout. I don’t use it for under eyes for that I use Garnier anti dark circle roller. I’ve repurchased this many times!

on 3/30/2018 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Despite it being a great concealer, this broke me out badly. To those who are not acne prone, this is a good drugstore concealer. It is very light-weight and it covered my dark circles under my eyes and dark spots left from pimples. Also, if you think the sponge isnt hygenic, you can pull it out. Pay attention to the ingredients, I realized that sodium chloride in makeup breaks me out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Didn't like this product mostly because it flashes back but also because the lightest colour was too dark for me and it creased into fine lines. Don't recomend it