Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

on 7/31/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

let me start off by saying I have dark circles that aren't sleep deprivation induced. whether genetic or d/t some kind of nutritional deficit they have been with me my adult life. I typically use it cosmetic concealer and Becca brightening undereye cream at $75 for the combo. I read so many great things about this that i thought for $10 why not try it. I bought the fair skinned concealer and the brightening. first, the packaging is terrible. the whole winding up the tube to dispense it thru an applicator top isn't my thing. i would prefer to squeeze it out then dab it on and use my brush to blend. I turn the dispenser to release extra product onto applicator so I can dab and blend like i like. it's so good that I'm not even taking any points away from my rating for the crappy packaging lol. so the bloggers and beauty articles gushing about this are not lying. this is the freaking best. it completely covers my dark circles. as a concealer elsewhere on my face, it covers and blends into my foundation flawlessly. after having a severe case of pneumonia and being on a tom of medicine, I ended up with a horrible fever blister that took forever to heal. seriously this completely covered it and kept it covered all day. I prefer the brightening concealer. it really does brighten and looks so nice on. it covers while Illuminating and looks natural doing so. this 10 dollars product does the exact same thing my $75 combo does and is long lasting too. I have started only using this and I am glad i took a chance on it. I don't understand the negative reviews on this but everyone is different. but for the price if you are curious to try it, it's worth giving it a go

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I hated this. It is so drying, and dried down on my undereyes weirdly to some uncomfortable texture that kept crumbling off and separating. The coverage is poor and I would have to do several layers for any sufficient covering of my dark eye circles which I have never had to do with any other concealer (and I own about over 15). The only good thing about it is it’s sponge applicator which is very soft and feels nice. I wanted to like this but it had to go in the bin.

I wanted to love this product, I really really did. After seeing so many beauty bloggers and youtubers rave about it I got my hopes up. But...

It's average. It's got okay coverage and does make under my eyes look a little brighter. Would say it lasts fairly well and smells pretty neutral. I do, however, think it could do with being higher coverage, as well as having a change of applicator, and being slightly easier to blend. Not sure why others have called it cakey, but perhaps I haven't tried to build it up enough to get to that stage.

For me, it didn't stand up to the hype. That said, it's a fairly cheap product that's easy to get hold of, so maybe I would buy again if other faves weren't available.

Overall, though, it's a fairly safe bet as I'm sure it would work with many skin types, but it probably won't blow you away.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great item for on the go, or a little brightening for my light and fresh makeup days. Even works great on the beach or Gym for a little pick me up around the eyes.

on 7/23/2018 2:20:00 PM

I don't have dark circles, but use it for any imperfections I have been using this for a couple of years. I love it! It is easy to use. Blends well. I like the color choices for fair skin. The sponge tip never crumbles or cakes. I know it is considered a "budget" item, but I find it better than the high-end concealers I have tried. I have a friend who is a make-up artist and she uses it on clients!

on 7/23/2018 12:22:00 AM

decided to gave this a try a few months back,
purchase it because tati westbrook has been raving about this concealer.

on first few tries ***
1. find it really cakey & too drying for me
2. decent coverage but i just dont like the texture
3. i hate the sponge applicator
4. not lasting enough

i dont usually blot at all usually which my make up, but half way through out the day i can see the conceal break apart bit by bit under my eyes, and i just dont like it.
It does not crease on me though, thats one of the good thing, but really too heavy for me as i dont have much dark eye circle, and im usually a girl who loves light to medium dewy foundation radiance look, way too cakey.

on 7/22/2018 4:24:00 PM

I had the Light one and it did the job well. I have dark circles around my eyes and it covered them pretty nicely. Sometimes I used this and just some powder, without the foundation and it looked very fresh and natural. I want to try other concealers but if everything else fails, I will come back to this. And also, the price is friendly.

on 7/22/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I’m in love with this concealer I have very dark under eyes and olive skin tone and the shade Golden is everything it covers my under eyes so well and it’s very hydrating but a little bit goes along way so use it wisely . If you don’t have this concealer what u doing ?

on 7/17/2018 9:09:00 AM

Confused as to how this is called age rewind when it’s cakey as hell? Lol. I’m 25 and don’t have too much going on under my eyes but this stuff settles into creases and makes me look like I have lines under my eyes and it’s cakey. I used less today than yesterday and it still looked bad. The packaging sucks, takes at least 10 clicks to get the product out. I guess coverage is decent so I gave it 2 stars. I like to spread my concealer far down which is why I applied a lot yesterday. The color light is super deceiving in the package, looks super white and pale once on. I would have gotten another shade darker if I had known it would be that light. Definitely not worth $10 wtf maybelline I’m disappointed in that price. Especially since this is garbage. Taking it back today. Will stick to shape tape or the new MUR dupe for shape tape.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Makes your under eyes look amazing!! Doesn’t crease and is full coverage :)