Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.6

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

on 1/5/2012 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, so I liked the old one fine. As a powder fdtn junkie I was dying to try the new one and it was a complete fail for me. The color 30 which matched perfectly in the old is yellowish-orange and looks hideous. It is powdery and just sits on top of my skin. As hard as I tried with 2 different brushes and the sponge, I could not get this stuff to blend. Far less coverage than previous compact. Even with concealer under, I could still see any flaws. Horrid. I much prefer LM MMU or pressed powder fdtn and LaPrairie. My advice is to try others first. Though Sephora does have a great return policy.....thank God!

on 12/19/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I have finally found my HG foundation. I love the updated (2011) Diorskin Forever Compact Foundation! I prefer mineral and powder foundations over liquids. I've tried soooo many powder foundations and none compare to this! It looks so natural. It is like it melds into the skin, like a second skin. I've never seen a powder foundation looking this natural before. It is not a full coverage foundation, but it is buildable. It blurs away all redness, my face looks more "alive and awake" when I use this. I use color 021 and it is perfect for my light warm toned skin. Yes, it is expensive but for me it is worth it. I am so happy that my search for the perfect foundation is finally over.

This powder really delivers for me! The reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I want to test it out a bit longer, since I've only worn it twice so far.
I use it as a setting powder and extra coverage for my Dior Nude foundation and it doesn't take away the 'glow' it is very fine, and the pigmentation is nice, not too heavy.
I must prep my skin beforehand, I find that if my skin isn't well moisturised then it wouldn't look nice ( applies to all powders, I suppose )
Packaging is beautiful as with all their products.
Shade #20 is a good match, but I would believe that #21 (but AUS doesn't offer yellow shades) would match me well too ( i used the old forever compact before in #21) I'm <NC25.

on 11/29/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Sooooo..............................

This looked amazing in the store, the packaging is so beautiful and the color is a perfect match.

So I bought this on the spot!

However, I am having so much trouble trying to figure out how to apply this!!

I have tried everything but it just sits on top of my skin and gets stuck in my eyebrows. It does get better when the powder melts in 30min. or some but then my face just looks oily.

The other day I put this on but it looked SO powdery and there was very little coverage so I tried putting my Chanel compact on top that made things worse.

Then I sprayed ALOT of MAC's Fix+ and buffed this on with my MAC 187 brush and then my face did appear flawless.

HOWEVER, I now know that this breaks my out bad and I feel as if my face if drowning in silicones when wearing this, like my skin can't breathe....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

ETA on 12/16: While I still love this compact, I have switched shades and now wear Ivory 010.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this compact could be my holy grail! (For now, I'm done searching because I'm so freaking happy with the quality of this product, but I may be tempted to try Dior's Nude Natural Glow in the future...) I believe this to be a 5-star foundation in a 4-star compact. I use the Forever Flawless powder for touch-ups over DiorSkin Nude, or for days when I need to get out of the door quickly and need my foundation to be applied super quick. The powder is the most luxurious I've tried; I actually like this better than Chanel's offerings, and I'm a huge fan of all things Chanel! The texture is soft and almost creamy, and I feel as if I'm wearing nothing on my skin. It's very buildable and blendable as well. I have mild to moderate rosacea, and this makeup doesn't irritate my skin at all. I feel the color of the powder is an exact match for DiorSkin Nude; I wear Cameo 022 in both.

Back to my minor complaint about the packaging: At first, I loved the compact that the powder is housed in. It's sleek and beautiful, and feels quite substantial in the hand. The magnetic closure and mirror within make it feel very luxurious. However, after carrying this compact in my handbag for three days, a horizontal crack appeared across the top. I'm not sure if this is a flaw with the powder itself; rather, I suspect it has something to do with the design of the compact. Maybe I simply threw down my bag too hard one day, but I've never had this problem with a brand new powder before! It's a bit annoying, but the powder is so gorgeous and high quality, that I will definitely repurchase again!

on 11/19/2011 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am a devoted Dior junky. I love, love, love the Fresh Glow mineral make-up but was hoping this product would be a less messy version. I waited with bated breath and purchased the day it was released. I wanted to love it - wanted to look like Natalie Portman perfection. Of course the packaging is gorgeous (Dior is consistent in this aspect) I tried applying in every way imaginable - with the sponge, alternating sides (one side is velvety for lighter application), a mineral brush, and even tried skunk brush but was always left disappointed. I am not a particularly oily person but this powder made me oily. It oxidizes to a weird orange color making me look like the next coming of Snookie by the end of the day (not my ideal look!) I returned it immediately after a fellow make-up junky friend commented on my, ahem, "tan" look.