L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

4.1

on 8/24/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are super pigmented, last long, and are great for wearing alone, as an eyeshadow base, or for lining your eyes.

on 6/18/2013 11:22:00 PM

These are AMAZING! I was roaming the dollar store and saw the jumbo pencils. (Note: I use Maybelline cream eyeliner or loreal) I picked up a white for the inner corners of my eyes. It was $1. I got home and immediatly loved it. It is so pigmented and smooth. I lined my eyes with it to see how it would stand up. I have very oily lids, and eyeliner never stays on my waterline. IT DID! WHITE! I obviously went and got the black one. I love these. L.A colors is stepping it up! I will be buying more to pot. (: love love love.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wowie!! If you haven't tried these yet, def give them a shot! If you are a fan of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, then you will love these! I quickly feel in love and here's why...
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils can be found in a few places. Luckily for me I can purchase mine at local Dollar General, Family Dollar & Five Below stores. Also can find these online on the LA Colors website & cherry culture websites. I use to have a hard time finding these but luckily my local stores are carrying many of these pencils. Whats amazing is the price. Super affordable & cheap! These only cost $1 but less than $2 purchasing online. So for a $1 these are a better deal than NYX since I can only buy those online.
~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Pencils are a dead on dupe ot NYX. The formula is a thick cream shadow that works good alone or as a base for powder shadows to grab to that allows it to last & shadows to be more pigmented. These can also be used as a liner. These glide on easily & blend out w/out wiping away. Formula dries to an almost cream to powder finish. I use an eye primer first then these. Alone on days I am looking for a quick look & as a base for my d/s shadows that are less pigmented. They also can make different colors. These will last for 6-7 hrs before fading alone or as a base, my shadows stay over 8 hrs. They wear great. Those w/ more oily lids will have different wear time since its a cream product, the oils will break down the product quicker. My lids are normal to almost dry. Setting w/ a light dusting of powder will help as well. These do have a slight sweet scent to them on application but disappears. I can only smell it when close to nose. It doesn't bother me but it should be noted for those who are sensitive to scents. Does contain wax & parabens to those interested. Now onto my favorite part, the COLORS! LA Colors offers many colors to pick from. They don't have as many as NYX but enough for my liking that I saved some money. These are great basic colors but also some fun bright ones too. I've yet to collect them all but may someday. The colors I own so far are:
Seashells- basic matte flat white. This is probably my favorite. Great for any eye look, brightens eye area & cancels veins or discoloration. Can also be used on waterline. I also like to use this as a highlighter on brow bone, cupids bow & a little on top of cheekbones. Dupe of "Milk"
Saltwater- metallic silver w/ a silver shimmer throughout. Add demision to looks. Makes a great liner on lower lash line for those w/ brown or hazel eyes. Very unique color
Sandcastles- midtone brown cool taupe gray. Its not matte or metallic. Its gorgeous alone or as a base for browns, purples, & gray shadows. other than seashells, this is my favorite. Compared to "Iced Mocha" its more of a purple gray taupe then a bronze silver taupe.
Summerlove- deep bright cool hunter green w/ green shimmer throughout. Great as liner for a color pop!
Bikini time- mid tone duo chrome of purple violet blue w/ slight duo chrome reflective shimmer. Add dimension to looks or purple shadows & also a great lower lash line liner.
Tropical Bliss- a darkened violet purple w/ blue undertone. It has a sheen to it. A touch darker than Tropical bliss. Not matte or metallic. Its great to add under purples, pinks, blues & even browns or grays to make a taupe. This is great for my brown eyes. It makes them pop.
Sunglasses- flat matte true dark black. Very pigmented. Great for darkening looks or adding depth in outer v areas. Also can be smudged for runway looks. Also a great pigmented black liner! Dupe for "Black Bean"
~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Pencils come in a very similar pencil like NYX. Its made of a hard plastic that can be sharpened w/ the LA Colors sharpener that can also be bought for a $1 (a double sharpener, a standard & jumbo size) These can also be depotted if desired the same ways the NYX can. I haven't tried either yet since I like the convenience of the pencil but Ill update once I do, regarding which way is best for me. The chubby pencil is easy to handle & use. The pencil is black in color w/ a bottom piece colored like the pencil color. Easy to decipher which pencil is which. There is a clear plastic lid that fits onto pencil. W/ the lid, it fits w/out sipping off. White lettering w/ LA colors logo & product name. The ingredients are located on pencil. 0.13 oz or 3.8 grams of product compared to .18 oz/5 grams to NYX so you get a little less. The shade name is located on the pencil as well. Simple & sleek packaging. I like it. Its less messy than a white pencil. Will update once I have to sharpen/depot.
Overall, these are AMAZING cream shadow pencils. These are great dupes for NYX Jumbo pencils. The colors are different than NYX. I have been reaching for one of these daily. I can't wait to try out more colors. I have always been LA Colors biggest fan. The customer service is amazing! Super cheap & CRUELTY FREE makeup, i can't ask for more!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love these jumbo pencils. I own three of these so far. I have the white, black and taupe (seashells, sunglasses & sand castles) and they make great eyeshadow bases. Sometimes i don't wear primer and yet these don't crease like crazy on me. They've been really good to me. I love that the price is very affordable. I just wish the displays at the stores had more of the other colors. It's very limited. Also I've never tried the nyx jumbo pencils so I can't really do comparisons. I love these though and I recommend. Even if you end up not liking it you don't waste a lot. I can't wait to try more colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have this in cp 418 vacation it a maroon color with silver glitter in it but when blended out look more of a brown color.This is creases without a primer no surprise but because of the glitter that ends up covering your whole face by the end of the day i prefer the nyx jumbo pencils to these ones .The color did last all day so if you are looking for color nyx doesn't offer you an give it a try.

I actually can't believe the good reviews on this...this gives me panda eyes in about an hour and also gives me itchy/irritated eyes as well as little cysts on my eyelids. Will. Not. Repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recently got one of these in Sunglasses (the black one) to see if they worked on my waterline. It was great!! I've been looking for another pencil for my waterline as the one I used was almost gone. I tried covergirl but it didn't stick at all which was very dissapointing for the price (around $6-$7), so when i saw this at 5 Below for only $2 i figured it was worth a try. I'm so glad i found this and will be purchasing more for sure!!

I picked up the black one and the white one (sea shells), and I absolutely love them! I use the black and the white one as eyeshadow bases and eyeliners for my bottom lids. I also use the white one in the corner of my eye. These pencils are versatile, cheap, and good quality! For a cheap brand of Make-up, these are amazing<3

on 10/2/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Purchased Seashells (matte white) and Sunglasses (matte black) for 1.50 apiece at the Family Dollar Store. For of all, these are about 1/3 the cost of a NYX jumbo pencil and you get just as much. Second, there is a decent color selection but I just needed these 2. Third, this black DOESNT CREASE like the NYX Black Bean pencil does! I finally have a good black base for my darker looks!!! I am SUPER pleased with these!

The one con is these DO contain Petrolatum (thats what it says here on the label) and I know some people are sensetive to that. I am not one of them so I didn't dock a point for this.

on 9/1/2012 7:52:00 PM

I find these jumbo pencils an unsung hero of the makeup world. I hauled these from cherry culture and got almost every color for the price of a paint pot. For an eyeshadow base these cannot be beat for slip, color saturation, and price. Even on my semi-oily lids, the work just as good as the nars, urban decay, and nyx pencils. Love these...definitely worth a try.