FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

I'm on my 4th tube of this mascara. I wish I could use other regular non-tubing mascaras for for some reason they all seem to smudge on me. I use this mascara over Clinique lash primer and often another mascara (Buxom, Smashbox Hyperlash, fresh, etc) and I always get long, curly lashes at the end. It seems like a lot of mascara in the end, but I apply the primer and first mascara with a very light hand.

Fairydrops helps me "set" my mascara and prevents smudging. My mascara stays on all day and in hot and humid weather or after swimming, instead of running down my face, the mascara simply flakes or comes off in tubes--way better and easier to clean off than raccoon eyes.

I have no problem with the brush at all. When the tube of mascara hits the 2-3 month mark it gets clumpy/too fibery and doesn't work as well, but that's about the time you're supposed to get a new tube anyway. I think I use the brush incorrectly...instead of applying the mascara by having the brush curve towards my lashes, I do it the other way. It works for me, and seems to be better than the "correct" way.

I have also used this alone and get good results but prefer to use it over primer and another mascara. Yes it adds up, but for my difficult lashes, I'm very happy to have found something that works well for me, even if it means doing a few extra steps and using a couple of extra products.

on 3/3/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried countless mascaras and this is officially my holy grail. Unlike other fiber mascaras I've tried it doesn't flake throughout the day or give you weird, thin, spindly looking lashes. This actually volumizes as well giving an amazing almost false lash effect.The best part about it is that it is water resistent and not water proof. It doesn't smudge on me at ALL during the day (even when i wear it on my bottom lashes) and keeps my lashes set in place, but comes off SO easy when I wash my face at night so I don't have to tug at my eyes at all. I've actually fallen asleep in it (bad, I know) and it still looked great the next day/no smudges. The tube doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras I've used in the past, either, and is seriously adorable. I'm on my 4th tube since this was first launched at Sephora.

on 10/7/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have short (but fairly thick) eyelashes that just won't hold a curl with normal mascaras. I am also very very picky about what I put on my lashes, because any sign of raccoon eyes or smudging and I return/toss the product. I love Fairydrops, my eyelashes have never looked prettier ;)

The Packaging: Normal mascara tube, not so normal wand. It looks like 3 balls put together in a curve. If you hold the wand so the curve faces down (like a frowny face) you can apply to your whole lashline in one or two strokes. My only complaint is that the wand gathers product at the tip, and you have to wipe it off lest you get excess mascara all over the place (I know you have to do this with other mascaras too, but it really is excessive for this one).

The Product: glossy and black, and never smudges or fades. The mascara lasts all day without smudging, and even better, holds a curl all day. My eyelashes are pretty and doll-like for 12-18 hours without fading (it might be longer, but I don't wear makeup while sleeping so I couldn't tell you). It lengthens dramatically and doesn't clump :)

The Price: Pricey, but you get what you pay for, no mistake. I've tried pricier who fall short and cheaper who never reach this level of quality.