FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

on 5/25/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara so much. I look for volume and thickening in mascaras, and this one delivers fabulously on both. It's a fiber mascara, very dark black, and waterproof. The brush is kind of weird and curvy, I don't think the bulbs do anything in particular but it works.
The stopper in the bottle doesn't quite remove all of the gunk on the wand, so you'll want to scrape it off a bit before you apply to avoid clumps. I still use a lash comb afterward because I like separation, and the fibers take some finagling to get just right. So, application takes a bit more effort than usual, but I think it's worth it.
This is my go-to going out, bold, femme fatale mascara. It doesn't flake, fade, or smudge on me. I actually like the flashy packaging, it's distinctive and there's nothing else like it in my mascara bin. It's on the expensive side but for me it's completely worth it, I'd absolutely recommend this and buy it again myself.

I have to write an amazing review for this product. I had not discovered a mascara that would NOT SMUDGE on me ever, until I met this mascara. For reference, I've tried the Maybelline One-by-One and the Max Factor False Lash Effect and those both smudged terribly. I thought that there was nothing that could do the trick.

I then tried Blinc Mascara and sure, this mascara did not smudge and it "tubed" my lashes but it did NOTHING for my lashes - no volume or length.

Within this mascara are little black flecks that attach to your lashes every time you apply it. Thus, giving you both length and volume. This mascara IS expensive, but it is the only one that does NOT smudge, my biggest gripe. Being able to find a mascara that does not smudge with my oily lids that ALSO gives length AND volume -- don't know what more I could ask for.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

i LOVE this mascara. I have pretty thin lashes that are naturally straight but are capable of holding a curl. since i have oily skin, smudging has always been a problem for me when it comes to mascara. i usually just deal with the smudging, though, just because i CAN'T stand waterproof mascara. i don't have enough lashes as it is, and i'm not a fan of having a bunch of them get pulled out when i'm trying to remove my mascara. fairydrops scandal queen comes off really easily with some warm water, but doesn't smudge at all. it also gives a lot of volume without looking clumpy, and it lengthens as well. it's my all time favorite mascara, but i can't call it my HG because of the price. i can't afford to spend $24 every time i need a new mascara, so i probably get a tube of fairydrops every other time i need a new mascara. other than the price though, i LOVE it.

I love this mascara. One coat looks just lovely and 3 makes me look sufficiently slutty for a night out. Also, my eyelashes are tiny-ish & this makes them purdy purdy purdy.

on 8/21/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this mascara. It's one of the "tubing" mascaras, so it takes a little finesse to apply. This is the ONLY mascara I have found that lasts all day without smudging on me...and it rinses off with just warm water.

Only two drawbacks: it's expensive ($24 at Sephora), and it dries out quickly. I have been able to stretch mine out a little by adding visene to the tube, but it only gets me a few more wears.

Overall, a great mascara though.

on 8/15/2012 8:45:00 AM

I am a mascara junkie and I really like this product! the packaging is cute and it actually does what it says- volumizes, curls and lengthens. It takes a little bit of time to get use to the brush and I usually scrape off some of the formula to minimize clumpiness but it is totally worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! You can make your lashes natural and pettable, or long and dramatic! The packaging is incredible and I love how the bristles are not plastic like most mascaras are today. Everyone should by this :)

on 7/18/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i loved this mascara. It worked great. I got it from a friend for my birthday. It gave my lashes a lot of volume without being clumpy or anything like that.

This is my HG mascara! I love love LOVE it! I have long, straight, and normal volume lashes. I use a curler and then apply one maybe two coats of this on my eyelashes and they look amazing! Natural and yet doll like, in my opinion. The best thing is that, even though itís not water proof, it stays put until I want it off! No flaking or horrid raccoon eyes! And all you have to do to get it off, is to use warm water on a washcloth, hold it on the eye and then wipe away. I can even cry with this mascara on and it will not come off! Well unless you rub at your eyes. But still! All in all, through all weather conditions and many types of situations that cause makeup to go crazy, this lasts though them! I will say though, that after a while of using it, the formula does thicken and the mascara does flake a little bit. But thatís me trying to use it up over the time of when I should have thrown it away, because it does cost a pretty little penny!

on 3/19/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love Asian makeup, and I have been avidly anticipating the arrival of this Japanese mascara to Sephora. This mascara has rave reviews on Youtube, and boy does it deliver! It gives an astonishing amount of length to my short pathetic lashes, and it is true that this mascara will stay put until you wash it off. The packaging is absolutely to die for as well. The only complaint is, as you may expect, the hefty price tag.