FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Cera Alba, Cera Microcristallina, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuba) Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dextrin Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Iron Oxides, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Isostearate, Panthenol, Paraffin, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Synthetic Wax, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate.

on 10/24/2011 8:30:00 PM

I feel like $24 is a bit too much to spend on mascara but I REALLY wanted to try out this product so I gave in and purchased it at Sephora. It didn't help that the packaging was so cute! This mascara, when used correctly, seriously added some dramatic length to my lashes and it definitely held a curl all day. It also didn't smudge at all during the 18 hrs that I wore it! A bonus is that it's super easy to remove which is a must for me! The only thing some of you may not like is that it really doesn't do anything as far as volumizing your lashes go. On days that I want length, I find myself reaching for this. When I want volume, I end up going with another mascara.

Overall, I think this mascara does it's job and is a decent product but because it's so expensive I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

on 10/7/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have short (but fairly thick) eyelashes that just won't hold a curl with normal mascaras. I am also very very picky about what I put on my lashes, because any sign of raccoon eyes or smudging and I return/toss the product. I love Fairydrops, my eyelashes have never looked prettier ;)

The Packaging: Normal mascara tube, not so normal wand. It looks like 3 balls put together in a curve. If you hold the wand so the curve faces down (like a frowny face) you can apply to your whole lashline in one or two strokes. My only complaint is that the wand gathers product at the tip, and you have to wipe it off lest you get excess mascara all over the place (I know you have to do this with other mascaras too, but it really is excessive for this one).

The Product: glossy and black, and never smudges or fades. The mascara lasts all day without smudging, and even better, holds a curl all day. My eyelashes are pretty and doll-like for 12-18 hours without fading (it might be longer, but I don't wear makeup while sleeping so I couldn't tell you). It lengthens dramatically and doesn't clump :)

The Price: Pricey, but you get what you pay for, no mistake. I've tried pricier who fall short and cheaper who never reach this level of quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I also have Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara. The Sephora salespeople sold it to me as a more dramatic alternative to Blinc, which I've been using to avoid summertime raccoon eye. I am meh on the brush, but the formula gives me the effect I want: dark, dramatic eyelashes that wear all day with no smudge. It does dry very hard, so flakes can be a problem if you're an eye-toucher. Also, the formula is very thick and if you apply with a heavy hand There Will Be Clumps. I assume it's because of the fibers. I guess it's a fine line--too thick and it goes on clumpy, too smooth and it doesn't give enough volume.

on 8/2/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara, it's the one currently selling at Sephora. I bought it on a whim, and the brush intrigued me. The mascara was clumped all over the brush on the tester, and I found this to be the same case for my tube - nothing like the picture on sephora.com. I have to wipe the excess mascara off carefully before applying. I don't wipe it off with a tissue - at 24 bucks a tube I wipe it carefully back into the tube lol.
Ok so the brush is REALLY cool - it gets even the tiniest lashes and is super-easy to use without getting mascara all over your face. My lashes are pretty puny and this mascara makes them long and lush, and the formula dries quickly. The thing that makes it even better than Diorshow is that it is water resistant, so unlike Diorshow I do not have raccoon-eyes at the end of the day even in humid conditions. I do curl my lashes for a few seconds before applying and the curl lasts all day. The more I wear this mascara the more I like it. I find the price to be horribly expensive but it works so well I will likely suck it up and buy again - although once this one is dried out I am going to try the brush with my old favorite Maybelline Full and Soft and see how they compare.
The formula deserves 5 lippies, but I took one lippie off for the way it clumps on the brush and also the price gouging. If you love mascara it is certainly worth a try.