FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Cera Alba, Cera Microcristallina, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuba) Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dextrin Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Iron Oxides, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Isostearate, Panthenol, Paraffin, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Synthetic Wax, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate.

on 8/15/2012 8:45:00 AM

I am a mascara junkie and I really like this product! the packaging is cute and it actually does what it says- volumizes, curls and lengthens. It takes a little bit of time to get use to the brush and I usually scrape off some of the formula to minimize clumpiness but it is totally worth a try!

on 8/3/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So this mascara was my next product on my mascara quest and I'm quite pleased. It doesn't run when working out, but it comes off easily in the shower. Gives big voluptuous lashes. The brush is a bit difficult to use at first however once I got the hang of it, it yielded good results. I take off one star because I need to use a lash comb it minimize clumping.

----
Taking off a star. I've been using this mascara for a bit longer now and its clump city! Its waterproof formula is amazing since it comes off easily, but even with a lash comb its difficult not to end up looking like you have 3 or 4 giant eyelashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! You can make your lashes natural and pettable, or long and dramatic! The packaging is incredible and I love how the bristles are not plastic like most mascaras are today. Everyone should by this :)

on 7/18/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i loved this mascara. It worked great. I got it from a friend for my birthday. It gave my lashes a lot of volume without being clumpy or anything like that.

on 7/18/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

STAY AWAY from this product if you've got straight, downward-pointing, long, asian lashes. I curl my lashes and have been using Lancome Hypnose waterproof for years and wanted to try something different that was still waterproof to hold the curl, long-lasting, and lengthening. The ladies at Sephora recommended Fairydrops Scandal Queen, saying that it's all the rave in Japan. After reading some reviews online I decided to take the plunge.

I really wanted to love this but the mascara completely took the curl out of my lashes. On the first day of wear, I looked in the mirror midday at work to find little black flakes/fibers all over my face. Not cool. I would say that you may like this if you've got naturally upwards-curled lashes that need lengthening because the fibers do lengthen a bit, but this is NOT the mascara for you if you are relying on one to hold up a curl throughout the day. Super disappointed.

on 7/17/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have short, straight, and generally uncooperative lashes, and this mascara reaaaally lengthens without clumping(think dolly), as well as volumnizes! The tube is gold and classy in my opinion, and the brush is definitely innovative, though by itself it doens't seem to do much besides look cool. I like the waterproofness of it as i tested it out by going for a swim with it on. Smudged a little bit, but much better than my loreal volumnous million lashes waterproof, which went all over the place. The only 2 downsides i can think of are that it doesn't hold curl(or at least my curl) very well, and the price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The brush is innovative and gives me a very sweet but made up look (makes me think this is intended for Lolita fashion). It's seems to curl lengthen and volumize well and it doesn't define badly either. I've yet to find anything I consider perfect but this one is quite good. The packaging is cute too. My gripe is I always have to wipe the brush off as it collects to much product, I think a smaller hole in the top of the tube would make this mascara better.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to wait until I've used this mascara for at least a month before doing a review simply because I HATE it when the mascara performance goes down after only a few weeks.

Just a short background. Three months ago, I finally got my lash extensions removed after wearing them for a year. Sadly, I was left with short stumpy lashes. For the next four weeks, I babied my lashes, conditioning them, not wearing mascara or curling them at all. Finally, they were at a decent length and volume, though still shorter and thinner than my pre-lash extension days. At that point I decided to get a lash perm because using a lash curler would always pull my lashes. And this is where the Fairydrops mascara comes in...

I got it at Sephora because my sister strongly recommended it especially given my situation. And I'm so glad I got it because it gave me full, long and very dramatic lashes! I was so amazed. I can't really comment on how it holds a curl because of my lashes are permed but this mascara really gave me some serious length and volume.

I didn't get any clumps at all the first two weeks I got it but at the third week, it started to get just a little bit thicker and I do get small clumps. But nothing a lash comb can't handle. It's been five weeks now since I got the mascara and do far it's not drying out yet. My lashes have now gone back to its normal length and volume so when I wear this mascara now, it's even more dramatic. So dramatic that my husband actually asked me if I went back to lash extensions! (YAY!!!) Even my friend asked me the same when I saw her.

I bought this for $24 which is pretty expensive for a mascara. So I'm really hoping it doesn't dry out for quite a while. I apply it simply by doing a careful swipe twice. Sometimes I wiggle the wand if I want more volume. Removal is a little cumbersome. I use makeup remover then my oil cleanser to remove. If this tube doesn't dry out for a while, then I would definitely repurchase.

on 4/18/2012 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Meh.....this is not a horrible mascara but it comes out a little clumpier than most and given the cost it's not fantastic. The brush is kind of cool and unique but it's nothing amazing.

This is my HG mascara! I love love LOVE it! I have long, straight, and normal volume lashes. I use a curler and then apply one maybe two coats of this on my eyelashes and they look amazing! Natural and yet doll like, in my opinion. The best thing is that, even though itís not water proof, it stays put until I want it off! No flaking or horrid raccoon eyes! And all you have to do to get it off, is to use warm water on a washcloth, hold it on the eye and then wipe away. I can even cry with this mascara on and it will not come off! Well unless you rub at your eyes. But still! All in all, through all weather conditions and many types of situations that cause makeup to go crazy, this lasts though them! I will say though, that after a while of using it, the formula does thicken and the mascara does flake a little bit. But thatís me trying to use it up over the time of when I should have thrown it away, because it does cost a pretty little penny!