Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

on 2/1/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff literally saved my hair in one use. I bought it this afternoon, came straight home, and used this stuff after shampooing. The shampoo wasn't even one that clarifies, yet my hair drank this stuff up as if nothing else had been on it for ages. That's how strong and deeply penetrating it is. For the record, the past month or so has wreaked hell on my hair, and my mother has let me know at every turn how unhealthy it looks. For the first time in a while, after using this product ONCE, she just told me my hair looks healthy! If these are the kind of results I get in a rushed application, I can't wait to see what happens when I actually clarify!

Now a staple in my treatment collection!

P.S. I find this product needs a deep conditioner afterwards. Like most protein treatments, it's meant to make hair stronger, not softer. You still need something to moisturize your newly thickened tresses after using this product. I also recommend using a rather strong shampoo so as to remove build-up and allow the product to sink even further than it would if you were using a standard sulfate/paraben free, non-clarifying shampoo. It will work if you don't, but the results will definitely be enhanced if you do.

Redken, you are my savior!

UPDATE: Alright guys, I've been using this stuff for around 3 weeks now; still getting incredible results! I can sort of liken this to fine wine; it gets better as you go. My hair feels better after every use, no joke. Personally I've found that what works best for me is to clarify beforehand (I use B&B Sunday Shampoo), then get enough of the ESBP to saturate all of my hair, comb it through, and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing. Then, I follow up with the Pureology HydraCure mask to restore moisture and create balance. This whole process is working so well for me, I can sense that healthy, virgin-like hair is just around the corner with continued use!

UPDATE: I can't even believe how well this stuff works you guys, it's been just a little over a month since I started using it. My hair is in that awkward regrowth stage where it can be hair commercial worthy one day and like a brillo pad the next, so when I'm in brillo pad mode I just use this maybe twice a week and all of the damage seems like it disappears. The best part is that it's been almost two months and I'm not even a fourth of the way through the container yet - definitely worth the money! Forever love <3

on 1/31/2013 7:20:00 PM

Works nicely on my damaged hair (from bleaching)
I would say the cost is a bit of a rip off though.
if it wasnt tested on animals then i would repurchase

on 12/9/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A great protein treatment. It adds strength, shine and volume to my hair.

I've always loved redken shampoos and after reading about this particular treatment on their site, I had to try. My hair is damaged from excessive heat styling and is medium-thick. I try to only wash my hair twice, max three times a week and have started using this as my conditioner. Normally, all masks make my hair feel like silk in the shower, but I don't really see a difference after it's dry.. This one, on the other hand, has made a tremendous difference in just 3 weeks. After drying my hair, it LOOKS so much healthier and is so much softer than it's ever been. I can't stop touching my hair. For 22 bucks, really not that bad, and there's quite a lot in the jar so it'll last a while. I've definitely found the mask for me.

This is a great product! I have bleached fine and thin hair. Whenever I run a comb through it, I get shedding and my ends are prone to snapping. I use this mask about once a week and it has really helped with the shedding and my ends are much stronger. It also makes your hair look healthy. The best way to use this, is in the shower after you've shampooed, is to get a towel and get the most water out of your hair as possible. I put it up in a turban for a minute or so- a turbie twist would work great. Then I get about a handful and really saturate my hair with it, I comb it through with a wide toothed comb, and then put on a shower cap, to heat it up for the rest of the shower, I will shave and wash then rinse at the end. I think the trick is to get as much water out of your hair, so it can really penetrate.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I fried one section of my hair this past summer with a curling iron (left it on my hair to long because I was talking on the phone and didn't realize that I left it on too long, stupid me). The rest of my hair is completely healthy. That one little area of my hair was disgusting after that point and I went crazy. Because the rest of my hair was so healthy looking, it stood out so bad. For months I would try things to reverse it.... nothing worked. It slowly got better within time, mostly because some of it was chopped off during a hair cut session.

Was at the mall and on a whim I bought this. I've used this three times so far, and I can already see a big difference. For the first time it's soft and not haystack feeling. Godsend.

on 11/5/2011 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, so I over highlight and never learn the lesson that I'll never have healthy hair. And with this product, I might decide to trade highlights for the strength I'm feeling that I haven't felt in the last 3 years since going back to blonde. See I figure that the ends are so damaged, but short hair isn't an option, might as well touch up theroot since so much of it is dead anyway. Who wants dead brown hair? So I retouch.... Every time I heavy highlight my super dark brown roots, the treatments only do so much, mainly repair the new growth and the ends are still really bad. But wow, I can feel after using this masque 3 times in a row, more strength, thicker, a little shinier and I can run my hand farther down my hair then before! Now, I can't run my fingers all the way without feeling my hair snap, but it's coming along in a way that mo other product has done. I use kerastase masque every other wash and the strengthening conditioner by kerastase. Kerastase alone hasn't helped with strength, but it moisturizes so well after the red ken plus masque. For me, both only work well together. The red ken masque is really awesome and if it eventually fixes my hair ill finally be able ton darken it and probably leave an even happier review ! But honestly, no otherprotein has helped like this one....try itt

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Like the reviewer below me, I have oily hair at the scalp, but it's also thin and fine and prone to breakage. It's medium brown and I like highlighting the hell out of it!

The damage from lightening and blow drying, straightening via iron and keratin took it's toll on my hair, so this summer I chopped off a good chunk to chin length and started using this product to repair what was there and started a foundation for future colouring.

Glad I did! My hair is silky now (was coarse prior to using this) and shiny. It feels good. My husband was never one to run his hands through my hair but now he likes too. Styling is the same but I feel I get smoother results.

The true test will be time as I just started lightening/highlighting my hair again. But if this product lives up to it's promises then hopefully I won't have to chop off my hair again next summer to start fresh!

**UPDATE**- started highlighting my hair again about a month ago and...... still impressed. I use it every day as a daily conditioner and then 1x a week as a treatment. My hair is finally looking good! continued >>

on 8/16/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Redken's website mentions this particular product from its Extreme line as containing the highest concentration of their protein reconstructing blend, so, liking the Extreme shampoo, CAT treatment, and conditioner already, I skipped over the Extreme Strength Builder and went right for the Plus. I'm glad I did. I'm sure it will work differently for different people. The argument over these products always seems to be whether or not they require conditioning afterwards. As for me, I've used Strength Builder Plus for a week now and it's worked for me as both a protein treatment and a conditioner, and left my hair shinier, softer, and in better shape every time I use it. I like the smell; it smells like the rest of Redken's products, not "chemically" at all, as others have claimed, at least not to me. I dislike the jar it comes in, as it's hard to use with wet hands in the shower, but I love the product, and the different packaging does serve the purpose of differentiating the two products from each other, which otherwise seem so similar, so I understand why Redken chose a jar packaging for their stronger formulation. Overall, I highly recommend this. I have yet to be truly disappointed by any of the Redken Extreme products I've tried so far, and using them together has improved the condition of my hair massively. I never thought there would be a line that would so completely fit the needs of my particular hair type, which is extremely oily at the scalp, yet dry, thin, and breakage-prone on the ends. The whole line has kept my hair both looking wonderful and in great shape. (Most everything else I've tried has either made my hair greasy and flat, or else stripped it and tore it up.) All in all, I love the shampoo and this mask the most. With the results it's given me, I'll still give it 5 lippies despite the difficult packaging.