RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.1

This is an excellent mascara. I have thin, sparse lashes, and with just one coat it already looks double extended in length, with a tremendous amount of volume. I do use a primer underneath (as I do with all mascaras) and don't think a primer is actually necessary with this mascara at all. Two coats make them look unbelievably longer, stronger, and thicker. I wish this came in a black/brown, and a dark brown, and it would look best on my bottom lashes. But I still use this on my bottom lashes with amazing results. It stays put, doesn't clump or flake. And it's very easy to remove. This is one of the most practical purchases I've made when it comes to mascara. This completes everything I need in a mascara! The price for this is extremely affordable. Can't go wrong with this gem!

on 7/23/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty surprised by all of the negative reviews. I actually really like this mascara! It makes my lashes look thicker, darker, and longer. My only complaint is the brush because it can get kind of sloppy, but if you're careful this shouldn't be a problem. I do a coat or two of this and follow up with Maybelline Mega Plush mascara (which is my all-time favorite mascara; if I'm out of The Accelerator then my lashes look just as good with simply the Mega Plush). I like this mascara but it needs another coat of something else to comb through it. I'll likely repurchase.

on 6/20/2015 6:37:00 PM

Another mascara that went in the trash can after a few uses...didn't really do anything for my lashes but what really made me throw it away was the annoying weird messy brush :(

on 1/7/2015 2:27:00 PM

I was disappointed by this mascara. It says volume accelerator, but if anything the only thing I noticed was a little bit of extra length. It took me three coats to get any noticeable difference from my normal eye lashes. The first coat only made my eye lashes point in random directions. Would not buy again!

on 8/30/2014 11:58:00 AM

Many people seem to not like this mascara, but I love it!

Personally, I feel like the wand combined with the product does create a LOT of extra formula.
To manage this, I simply scrape off the extra mascara and what is left applies very well to my lashes with no difficulty.

I would suggest not starting TOO far at the base of your lashes with this wand because it can rub in your eye if you arent careful. You also need to pay attention to where the brush is, as I feel it is a fairly long wand, because one part of the brush you aren't using may cause application to be messy.
After I apply around 1 and a half coats to my eyelashes, I use either an eyelash comb or a clean mascara wand to help seperate and neaten up any minor clumps or eyelashes that stuck together.

When applied correctly, my eyelashes get a really nice shape from this mascara. The look I end up getting makes me happy. The lashes look longer, healthier, and more natural without that "spidery" appearence. Combing through after appliction is something I strongly recommend, as it helps give each eyelash hair its own place around your eye, boosting volume.

I feel the people who are getting so many clumps perhaps dont scrape off the extra formula, dont comb through their lashes afterwards, or are trying to put too many coats on.

The color of this mascara is great. I got it in Black instead of Extreme Black and I don't think it even matters. People have complimented how long, dark and pretty it makes my eyelashes look.

The formula itself is great. I think the major flaw in its design is the wand, because it locks in a lot of product when first taken out, as well as stubbornly holding onto some on the tip even after scraping.

However, overall, I've had good luck with this product and I would definitely repurchase this again.
Hope this review helped somebody!

Worst mascara I have ever bought hands down!
It has an incredible wet formula , after I applied it, I thought it would never dry.
I have small lashes so a mascara is the most important makeup item for me ; after I applied it it just made my eyelashes into a big, clumpy one .

on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

poor mascara. smudgy and leaves a clumpy,stringy mess with 1 light application.
Thrown out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this product for free, but it is available at Walmart for $7.97. Luckily for me, I didn't have to waste money on this product. I prefer a fuller brush and this brush is like a large spiral. The mascara itself is very stringy. After applying it to my lashes, it left the tips with extra strings of mascara and didn't nothing to build my lashes and rather than make them full, it made them look sparse. Just awful.

good mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this mascara. I have bought this mascara over and over again, and will definitely keep repurchasing it. I have long lashes as it is, so I definitely do not need length. I do pile on about four different mascaras before using this one as my final charm. I start off with lash perfection from Covergirl in blackest black, L'oreal Original Voluminous in blackest black, Maybelline Falsies in blackest black, and last but not least, Rimmel Volume Accelerator. I never use mascaras alone, so maybe I can't give a true review of this product. But, it does exactly what it says. With all these mascaras combined, my lashes look great; but when I add my Rimmel mascara as the 5th and final coat, my lashes look like falsies; and I personally love that look. It's a great formula, and is a true black color. I only use it on my top lashes, and use a smaller brush to coat my bottom lashes. I accidentally bought the Rimmel Lash Accelerator by accident one time.. DO NOT buy that mascara, truly a piece of crap... but this one.. is a MUST try.