Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes
Hypnose Doll LashesHypnose Doll LashesLancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascaraLancome Hypnose Doll EyesLancome Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 1/25/2016 11:01:00 AM

This mascara contains fragrance. Upon checking the ingredients list you won't see the word "fragrance" but, it contains fragrant components of rose which are labeled as ethyl glycol. (see the review on Beautypedia.com)
The price is ludicrous. There are plenty other mascaras available for less that function just as well. It does lift and separate. It also ads volume.
The fragrant component was the deciding factor for me. I smelled roses all day.
I won't buy this again.

on 8/17/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In all my mascara testing, I had come to the conclusion that Hypnose was the best one overall and that included Hypnose Drama and Hypnose Doll Lashes. But! I realized that these dry out over a few weeks and become substandard and start giving short lashes with clumps. I can't recommend Doll Lashes because the original Hypnose is superior and doesn't dry out to this extent. I give this 3 stars because it's still better than most, but it's not as good as regular Hypnose.

Update Sept 20/15: I tried this again and it is performing very well. I am raising my rating to four stars. I don't like the pointed brush, but it has the same excellent formula that gives me fluttery, lush, dark, long lashes.

Update Oct 30/15: This has stopped working. I am going to discard it. I have to give a lower rating now because it is not as good as Hypnose or Hypnose Drama, and the small pointy brush is part of the reason I don't like using it. I assume it isn't working now because it is dried out after several weeks. (Note my review for Chanel which is still working after a year and a half.) Overall this is a gimmicky product that is annoying to use and gives inconsistent results. It's better than the cheap brands but not good enough and I won't be buying it again.

Update Apr 1/16: I bought a new one and did a test using this on one eye and a new Diorshow on the other eye. This gave longer lashes than Diorshow, but not as much volume. At the end of the day, this one had not flaked at all, versus 5 or 6 flakes with the Diorshow. So this is the clear winner, plus it is not highly scented like the Diorshow is.

I used to hate this brush because it was small and tapered, but I think they have made the brush bigger. I have no complaints about it. I now rate this 4 stars as it is an excellent mascara. The formula is superior to Diorshow and the results, while dramatic, are never spidery.

Is it as good as regular Hypnose? Right now it seems like it is. Hypnose may give more lush volume but this gives more length. Therefore I love them both. I do know I got a brand new one from the factory which is not always the case. The times I was disappointed, I was probably getting old stock. This is now a must have for me. I've set aside my bargain mascaras since my rashes cleared up and I can use normal things again. I will probably get the Hypnose Drama and Star again as well, since I know this store has brand new stock (as they just started carrying Lancome).

Update May 25/16: This is currently my best mascara. I now like it more than Hypnose or Hypnose Drama. I think I like the tapered brush better than the others in the series. It actually is giving me long lower lashes because it is easier to apply with this brush, and I almost never have nice long lower lashes. This is at least equal and in some ways better and so I am raising it to top marks.

on 6/22/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This mascara is decent. Considering the price I expected it to be a little better then it was. The wand is easy to handle. The mascara separated my lashes well. The product wasn't wet and felt dry even while applying. It looks more natural and I needed a lot of coats to make a noticeable difference.I liked how it never looked clumpy or too artificial. The price is too steep I've found better mascaras that do the same for less.

on 6/9/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I liked the fullness and how this separated my lashes but I found as the mascara ran out it didn't look the same on my lashes, very quickly my lashes lost their length and fullness. Won't buy again.

I've tried a few of the Lancôme mascaras and I have to say that this is probably my least favorite. It's super clumpy, the formula is dry and seems almost valet when it comes out of the tube. I'm going to finish off the tube simply based on how much I paid for it, but won't repurchase it again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Use almost every day. I switch in between mascaras, depending on the weather. This stuff is Holy Grail for to get long, separated lashes. My only issue is if I get too sweaty, this does tend to flake off, but not if I put am eyelash primer!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a junkie. I usually have several different ones in the go at once, and I've pretty much tried them all. Doll lashes ranks pretty highly on my list. I'm pretty much in love with any Lancôme mascara formula, but the way Doll Lashes fans and feathers your lashes is so pretty. I have naturally long, full lashes but this mascara makes them look so soft and full. Keeping this review honest, I will say the only downside is toward the end of the day it will start to leave circles under my eyes. But I 100% recommend and will continue repurchasing !

on 3/25/2015 9:28:00 AM

I had used lancome hypnosis star previously and loved it. However when I ran out of it, I accidentally bought doll lashes and found it to be terrible. Besides the wand, there is truly nothing good about it. Firstly it is not smudge proof neither is it water proof. It runs when I put eye drops.It constantly leaves marks below my lower lash line. In addition the formula is too heavy for my lashes. I have short Asian lashes so I usually use mascara of waxy bases to hold up my curls and lengthen my lashes. However, doll lashes is too heavy for my lashes and weighs down my curls. Nonetheless it does allow you to achieve light and feathery lashes as reviewed by others. But it clearly doesn't last long because it is not smudge or water proof. In short I will never ever use it again and highly don't recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had given this product a five rating a few years ago, but something is different. I remember when it first came out, I had worn it in the summer and it held up to high humidity and looked beautiful. I stopped using it for a while and thought I'd go back to it. The latest tube I bought applied just the same and looked gorgeous at first, but after a few hours there were black marks under my eyebrows where the tips of my lashes hit and flakes under my eyes. It also isn't super dark (even thought the color is called "So Black!"). I'll finish up the tube I have because it is an alright mascara and I love the shape of the brush and the nice separation it creates, but I'm going back to my Clinique High Impact once it's done.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am not crazy about this product. Its adequate and I will finish it but definitely trying something else next. I have had it for less than 2 months and its already starting to get a bit dried out and I get little black crumbs falling on my cheeks when I put more than one coat on which is annoying plus it flakes occasionally during the day although it didn't start out like that. I don't find it to be spectacular at seperating lashes although that's what the SA told me it would be good for, its just all round ok. I love the packaging and the smell but not crazy about the brush as I like a symmetrical brush and find the triangular shape gives me funny lashes on one eye although I suppose it will depend on your technique as I always apply mascara with the same hand from the same angle for both eyes.