Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Perfumes Route du Vetiver

No Image

3.6

on 8/9/2004 5:43:00 PM

I L O V E this vetiver. It's one of the less masculine blends (less masculine than Guerlain, imo) It has so much wood in it, as opposed to so much vetiver root; it smells warm and sweet. It lasts all day. The black currant note, which came across as grapefruity to me, is very complimentary in the opening notes. The musk...what ever kind it is, takes a back seat, as does jasmine. I smell no jasmine. Think *woody* instead of musky or rooty or herbish. I'll buy it. (Thanks to Kate for this great sample!)

Top Notes: Black currant, leafy green accords
Heart Notes: vetiver, precious woods, jasmine
Base Notes: Sandalwood, musk
Update: I never did buy this, but a sample lasts a long time. This is strong and rich stuff. Someday my sample will be gone though, and I still think I'd like to have this.

on 2/11/2003 10:57:00 PM

This vetiver is not for the weak of heart,it is warm and heady,and extremely masculine.the perfect balance between green and wood notes.Vetiver is a very overpowering base note that is sometimes difficult to work with,MPG mastered it and showcased it,way to go!the only vetiver that is superior to this one is Frederic Malle's Vetiver,which I just smelled and will purchase as soon as I run out of this one.this scent reminds me of sitting in front of a fire place with a nice glass of cabernet.

on 9/3/2002 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If I knew how to describe this scent, I would (earthy and herbal have been used in other reviews and they do fit!). However, all I can say is how much I love it. As soon as I put it on, I knew it was for me. I do not find it as overwhelming as some of the other reviewers did, but maybe it's because I like it so much?? If you enjoy soft, ladylike or floral scents, this is not for you.

on 8/2/2002 9:15:00 AM

This is the first Vetiver I have tried, which Miguel at Aedes suggested. This is an incredible fragrance. When first applied, "earthy, wet roots" came to mind and after a few minutes, this delicate sweetness formed on my wrists, intertwining with this earthy moist root scent. It's delectible, and a little goes a long way. When applied lightly, it's soft, not overbearing. A very unique scent, one I will have to revisit.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

*This* is vetiver. *This* is amazing. It goes on quite strong, so be sure not to over do it...it also has a very long dry down - two hours on me. A very moist scent, and very unique - I've never smelled anything like this before. A must buy!

on 6/10/2001 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MPG Route Du Vetiver. “Fresh green essence of vetiver grasses & roots” I guess I smelled mostly the roots. Very strong herbal smell, not for the faint of heart! This was YUK! It smelled like cedar chest, mildew, damp basement, etc. Mildew was the predominate note, followed by musty basement. At first it smells strongly of an herbal men’s cologne, then dries down to an unappealing mildew. Now, I hope everyone does’t run out to buy this one at once and create some huge shortage. ; ) If anyone has tried this, please let me know if you smelled something differently. We had company and I had everyone, smell this one, and they ALL wrinkled their noses and said, “ Ew, what is that? It smells like, “old closet”, “basements”, “mildew”, “algae”, etc. At first it is strongly herbal, it is later it takes on that weird musty smell.Nothing like L’Artisans vetiver which is fresh & nice.