Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 4/10/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I normally wear Relvon's Colorstay in Sand Beige or Buff in the wintertime. BE i'm farily light. LG i'm light.. I got the Tarte in light, it does have stronger yellow undertones than relvon but it worked fine for me and didnt appear yellowish on my skin. the texture is wonderfully light and airy, it feels like I have nothing on. It does set fairly quickly. I was amazed at how quickly I could apply this. I really have no excuses not to have an even skintone everyday! I have lots of redness and it covers great.

**PROS: Very smooth & easy to apply. Looks like a fluid foundation but applies like a very light cream foundation and dries with a matte coverage. On initial application, it is very sheer and offers medium-to-light coverage. Tarte's "Medium" was a good match on my skintone; it seemed to brighten my skin without looking unnatural when under everyday lighting*. *See CON below
**CONS: It is outlines dry skin (I have Dry-Combo skin) & makes my face look flakey, even though I moisturized properly prior to application. It can be buildable to "full coverage", but to do that, you need to layer it on and use a lot of product (But when using a lot of the product, it makes the skin look more dry and cakey since it does dry on like a matte powder). So, I think it was misleading to label this as a "full coverage" foundation. It covers similarly to Bare Escentuals Original foundation. I bought this Tarte foundation in "Medium" (I am a BE "Fairly Light" mixed with "Medium Beige"; also a MAC "NC25", for reference). *However, like the BE foundation, when photographed, the foundations outline the features of the face with a white, powdery look.

Extra Comments: Overall, it is a good "everyday" foundation for regular-to-oily skin, not for dry skin types. It's nothing incredibly special because it doesn't offer excellent coverage (i.e. if you need it for extreme redness or scarring) unless you cake it on in layers, nor is it an HD-line foundation. It does balance out the skin and offer SPF 15. It's also natural and healthy for your skin, so it's a good foundation to alternate with if you're into BE but are bored with applying powder to your face and want to try a natural, semi-creamy fluid foundation.

on 4/6/2011 1:26:00 PM

I purchased this foundation at QVC and I love it. It goes on smoothly and covers very well. The consistency is smooth and creamy. I purchased it in the light and matches my skin tone perfectly. It came with a really good quality brush which is really big and soft and helps smooth out the foundation. The kit also came with a few other items which are awsome and at a really good price. I recomend this foundation to everyone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was so excited to try this foundation from the QVC kit. I'm NC35-40 and got it in the Tan color. It was slightly on the orange and maybe 1/2 a shade too dark for me, but it made my skin look flawless! It's so easy to use too...I just used my (clean) fingers to apply the foundation and blended it out with the brush from the kit. It took about a minute to do my foundation and I barely needed any concealer over it. The coverage was just beautiful and it has lovely, natural finish. The staying power was pretty good too. I did have to blot a couple times in the afternoon, but I'm pretty oily.

BUT sadly, this foundation broke me out after about a week. It's loaded with cones (which is why it made my skin look amazing and poreless). I'm not going to reduce the rating too much just because I have sensitive skin...it really is a nice foundation that has the perfect coverage, finish, and is comfortable to wear. So no, I would not purchase again, and my search continues for the perfect liquid foundation. But if you have normal-oily skin and are not sensitive to cones, then you'll love this foundation :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin with hormonal breakouts, and I hate the feeling of liquid foundation, but this came in a kit from QVC for an amazing price so I decided to go for it. I have no regrets! I've been using it for a few weeks and love the consistency -- not too thick, but still provides good, even coverage. I still have to blot occasionally, but that's normal for me. The only slight issue I have right now is the color. I am fair, but since summer is approaching I went with the "light" and it is a little too dark for me. I have to blend like crazy. Hopefully that won't be an issue once I get a little color, though. Overall, really glad I bought it!

(Sidenote: If you have a chance to buy the kit from QVC, I highly recommend all the products in it. It comes with a brush, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadows, blush, and a sample of maracuja oil that I LOVE. The foundation brush that comes in the kit is so divine. It is big and fluffy and spreads the foundation perfectly!)

on 3/31/2011 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation is great! I'm an NW15-20 and I got the light color. It came in a set from QVC and the rest of the set was also amazing btw. It is a medium to full coverage foundation imo and it is pretty creamy which is new for me but I really really like it! It covers very well, does not look cakey at all and lasts all day long! I have oily skin with only the occasional breakout and the oil only started to just barely peek through around 7 to 8 hours later. I only had to blot once. Love the packaging too! It's in a squeeze tube with a bamboo cap. If you are oily, want good coverage, and a foundation that lasts all day..definitely give this a try! i think it's exclusive to QVC for now so you may have to get it on there. Happy shopping!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. It hangs right in there with my oily skin and doesn't wear away by the end of the day. It is soooo natural looking and easy to apply. My favorite thing about it, though, is how I do not feel as if I have on any foundation. Also, it does a good job at disguising pores to a degree. If I ever found a foundation that completely made my enormous pores disappear, I'd probably have to put it on with a paintbrush or a garden trowel.

Edited to add: I was surprised that someone thought this was like a tinted moisturizer. I don't think you are using the foundation from the QVC Eighth Wonder kit. There was a Tarte tinted moisturizer that was listed erroneously as a foundation, but this is not the same thing. Perhaps those who are complaining that it offers light coverage are using that one instead. This is a fairly new foundation and definitely is not light in coverage. I use very little to cover rosacea and acne, so it offers medium to heavy.

on 3/26/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I also bought this from QVC, and I was torn on keeping the whole set or not. It went back yesterday:( I bought the foundation colors in light and medium. I'm a true nc25(with yellow undertones) The light shade was too light and the medium was too dark. I also didn't like the mouse consistency of this foundation. I have dry skin and this clung to dry patches.It didnt give a heavy mask like feel, but it looked very obvious that I was wearing foundation. I prefer a liquid for my foundation. However if you can find a shade match and have oily skin, I think this is a winner, just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

What an amazing foundation. I purchased this as part of a set from QVC and the foundation is supposed to be exclusive to qvc until July 2011. I am about an NC30 or NC35 and ordered the "tan" color and it was perfect. It seems these foundations run a bit light, so this color was perfect. It comes in a squeeze tube and is very creamy and thick. I just put a dot on forehead, nose, cheeks, chin and buff in with the foundation brush that came with the set. It covers well without looking cakey or sinking into pores or fine lines. I was hesitant about the large brush the set came with, but have used it with great results and it buffs the foundation right in providing an amazing finish. I have hormonal acne prone skin, combination, and this foundation wears all day on me, minimal, if any, touchups or oil breakthrough. If you are looking for a liquid/creme foundation that gives med to full luminous coverage, this is it!