Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 3/27/2017 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have extremely sensitive, acne prone (to perfumes etc..) skin. I'm clear, but use a topical acne gel (BP) and have scarring, redness, and melasma. I've used Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB in "Light" and like it but it's just too dewy for my oily skin.

ETA: Editing my review - trying this foundation again 9/3/2017 - did not wear over a primer (will try that next to test) just my BP and then Olay SPF lotion. Using very little dotted on my face and blended out with a damp sponge, this will give you a nice, natural, even finish - not at all full coverage. Which is what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, applied at 7:30AM - I'm blotting by 10:30am and filling 2 blotting sheets with oil (both sides!). Even with powder applied several times BEFORE that. For a foundation that goes on dry - I'm disappointed. I'm in the shade l"ight sand" which matches me perfectly - but if this still gets shiny on my face by 10AM with primer underneath - then I will not be purchasing and will toss both samples I have.

I have both the NYX Total Control and WnW Photofocus that cover just the same - and one is $4.99.
For the price point, I really was hoping this would keep me matte for longer than 3 hours sitting at a desk. Ugh.

ETA: got 2 cysts a day after trying this foundation again, will not ever purchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!
The coverage is amazing and it doesn't leave my skin looking cakey, it is also somewhat lightweight.
I would say the only downside would be the fact that sort of clings to dry flakes but, I found that by using the urban decay all nighter setting spray this problem no longer exists!

on 3/21/2017 5:16:00 PM

i went into ulta asking their opinion on what foundation to use for my extremely acne prone skin. they immediately recommended the Amazonian Clay foundation, so i had them match me and i brought it home. the very first day i wore it, i got frustrated because it made my skin so oily that no setting powder would work. i decided to keep wearing it in hopes that my skin would get used to it and it would work. after 1 month, it didn't. it made my face break out even worse than it was before. i do not recommend this product for anyone with cystic acne like myself. it's the worst!!

on 3/19/2017 2:53:00 PM

This foundation is literally the best coverage foundation I've used and I would say I'm totally addicted.
It lasts hours and the coverage is amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone.
However, I don't suggest it for everyday usage. Special occasions or weekends works best for me

on 3/11/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you have dry mature skin like me add a tiny drop of argan oil or your favorite to this and mix. It spreads beautiful without looking cakey. If you want fuller coverage you can always add another layer without adding anymore oil. This is so good for mature ladies with sensitive skin like me. No Parabens! One of the best mineral foundations on the market.

on 3/8/2017 7:03:00 AM

I use this foundation from time to time but it never really found its way into my daily beauty routine.
What I like about the product is the coverage and the matte finish. Plus, i only need a little amount to get the right coverage for me.
What I dont like is that it sits into my pores and defines fine lines, also i accentuates any dryness I have on my skin.

on 3/1/2017 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin has cleared up tremendously since I started using this over 5 years ago. This one is a keeper!!! Great coverage too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried this because it had good reviews for the most part and I was looking for a long-wearing full-coverage foundation. I loved the texture of this foundation. It has a light, mousey feel to it which I really liked.
The coverage was more of a medium coverage and I found it got pretty cakey if I built it up too much.

I also don't think it's very long-wearing. Even with a matte primer and setting powder, it transferred like crazy and wore off around my mouth and nose. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the breakouts that came along with use of the foundation. I tried to make this work for about a week before it went back. I've had no luck with Tarte foundations (or their products in general aside from a lipstick), so I think I'm officially done with the brand.

on 2/18/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first experience with a full coverage foundation, and it was a good experience. I had to try a couple different ways to apply (stipple brush was may favourite) so it didn't go on too heavy, but it did the job, and set the bar for me for foundation longevity

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this foundation, as I had heard many good things about it, but the texture of this product just does not work for my skin at all. The coverage is decent for about 10 minutes before it settles into and emphasises every pore, every dry patch, every tiny imperfection. I've tried applying it with my fingers, with a brush and with a dampened beauty blender, but it just will not sit on my skin right. I haven't had any issues as extreme as this with other foundations, and I'm really disappointed overall, especially considering that this product ain't cheap!