Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation, I have sensitive acne prone skin and find that this foundation doesn't aggravate or cause any more pimples. I feel like this foundation still allows the skin to breathe and actually feels like its doing some good while i'm wearing it which is great. I was previously using a studio fix foundation from MAC and found every time I used it my skin erupted which became a vicious cycle as I would then wear more foundation to cover up the pimples but making the skin worse.

I love this product I apply it with a beauty blender and find it flawless, my skin isn't great and people have complimented how perfect my skin is when I use this product. Although on the pricy side I would highly recommend and you don't need to use much especially when you use a beauty blender. I usually get it as a birthday or christmas gift and it lasts me.

I can't recommend this product more to be honest, especially for oily or acne prone skin.

on 7/11/2017 11:31:00 AM

I was extremely disappointed with this product. It was and always will be suggested to me by those that work at Sephora when I tell them I have both dry and acne prone skin. They usually act surprised when I say that I hated using it because "it's natural". I honestly don't know how anyone uses this stuff successfully! For my dry skin- it melted off my face and that NEVER happens to me! I usually just flake away (gross, I know..) and it did absolutely nothing for me as far as coverage goes. Returned!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the only foundation I've used for the past couple years, and I've repurchased it time and time again. It's the only foundation I've found that doesn't break out my sensitive, acne-prone skin. The shade range is excellent (I wear Ivory) and it has SPF, which is great.
I would say the coverage is more medium than full, but since I apply it with my fingers that might be different. I always wear it with Tarte's Clean Slate primer, which I also adore.
The price is a little high, but since it's so good I'm willing to pay it - and a tube lasts me for months.

Recommended for normal, sensitive, acne-prone skin!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have tried so many foundations... I've tried MAC, too face, Kat Von D, etc. and they all were good foundations, but they all were so full coverage that they ended up making my face look super caked up, greasy, and acne infested! But then tarte saved my face. I've been using this foundation for a straight 2 years, and I'll never go back! It's full coverage, yet doesn't get caked up. No acne issues, I hardly get greasy, it really is a great foundation! It is expensive... though it also is cruelty free, has actual skin care in it, AND it has spf which has also saved me from many potential sunburns. All in all a great product. I'll never use any other foundation again!

on 6/30/2017 4:30:00 PM

This is one f my absolute favourite foundations, I love it. its full coverage, lasts all day, doesn't oxidize and it doesn't accentuate my texture! Would highly recommend to everyone! the only thing that sucks is its $50 CAN :(

on 6/26/2017 6:05:00 PM

I wanted to love this product because it looked amazing on my coworker but unfortunately it does not live up to how much it costs . Always looked very cakey on my face and didn't seem to last 12 hours at all . I have combo skin and pretty good skin except for a scar and 3-4 hours into wearing it I'd have to apply powder to my face to cover up where it had faded or become super oily . NYX total control foundation is 20x better and cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

One of my favorite foundations! I have super oily skin and this is actually the only foundation that keeps my face looking matte for hours without having to use powder. My favourite tarte product!

on 6/20/2017 4:56:00 AM

If you have combination/oily skin, this foundation is definitely suitable for you. It does stay relatively matte throughout the day. However, I don't believe that it is full coverage. More towards medium coverage, I would say.
It has a light feeling on your face and doesn't make your face feel heavy or cakey. However, after a while, the foundation started oozing a little bit of clear liquid (the liquid and foundation was separated) and afterwards I didn't dare to use it as much (because I have v v sensitive skin).
Perhaps the foundation broke down a little bit but overall, I think it's a decent foundation but with the price it is set at, I won't be repurchasing it. There are foundations cheaper and with similar quality as this.

on 6/18/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So there are good points and bad points with this foundation. I'll start with the pros.

Pros:
Doesn't oxidize
Thick and Creamy goes on easy
Very blendable
Great color options

Cons:
Does not provide very good coverage -light to medium.
Not buidable
Gets oily by the end of the day (Especially if you have normal to oily skin like I do)

Overall I would rate this foundation three stars out of five. If you don't have much to cover and want something with somewhat medium coverage then this is for you. Great if you want something light and don't have acne scars or anything to cover. I would suggest setting this makeup with powder and blotting through out the day to avoid and oil slick on your face. I think it spreads well and love the consistency but it doesn't have enough pros for me to consider buying again.

on 6/12/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is not full coverage foundation and not matte. It barely covered anything on my face. I have combo/oily skin with acne marks and freckles that I want covered. I dotted the foundation on my face and buffed it in with their airbrush finish bamboo brush. It didn't cover anything so I put another layer on, stippling it with the brush and again nothing. It left a sparkly sheen on my face that I really didn't care for considering it's supposed to be a matte finish.
However, it was very light on my skin and it did a pretty good job at keeping me from turning into an oil slick.
This is just not for me. :(