Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 9/1/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I loved this product when I first began to use it a few months ago, but the more I bought it the more i realized how thick the formula was, how patchy it was, and it made my skin look super dry. I really wanted to like this foundation but it just never worked on my skin no matter what primer I used under. definitely not a summer foundation, if anything this would be good for winter..

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

A friend of mine loves this but I do not care for it. Goes on like paste and doesn't cover as well as I imagined. I will use it only to get my money's worth.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't love this foundation but I don't hate it. It has a mousse-like consistency and is pretty thick in my opinion. The coverage is pretty good, I have some acne dark spots & this foundation covered them pretty well. It definitely works well with oily skin- the first time I tried it out, I applied it at around 10 AM and at night time, my face didn't look oily nor did the foundation move around on my skin. I think the thickness of this product is what turns me off, although it doesn't feel too thick on your face. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this foundation but I'm just not in love with it

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first couple of times I used this foundation I thought it was okay, but as time wore on I noticed more and more problems with it. I don't think it is really full coverage, first of all, but instead more medium-buildable. After a few uses it also started to get kinda lumpy/gritty, which of course made it a pain to use and really unappealing to put on the face. The packaging is fairly nice and pretty to look at, but the product inside is pretty mediocre, especially considering the price point.

on 8/14/2017 3:18:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation. It holds up really well in the hot and humid climate I'm in. I've been using it for half a year now and It hasn't broke me out and blends really well. I prefer it over the Nars products and it's cheaper too.

on 7/29/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product definitely made my face look matte, which I love, given that I have oily skin. However, after 2 uses, I broke out quite badly with painful pimples! And during those two uses, once my face started to oil, I noticed my nose getting patchy dark spots. Returned it and never used it again!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm 59 years old with oily skin and prone to clogged pores. I like a little extra coverage, though my skin is still pretty clear..just a few freckles and light pigment spots. This foundation is amazing! It covers but doesn't look heavy. There are plenty of colors in the line so you will find a perfect match. I have medium skin with a yellow undertone and use Warm Honey. The makeup also works as a 15 SPF sunscreen. It stays put all day. I set it with Makeup Forever powder which is a Mica powder that's colorless. It has never made me break out. The only thing is you have to do one extra step to remove it. First I use a cleansing oil then soap and water and a washcloth. I hope they never stop making this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation, excellent coverage, pore minimizing, long lasting for whole day. Compare with 20-30 different foundations I have ever used, this is my favorite.

on 7/14/2017 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was really disappointed with this foundation, its supposed to be fill coverage but honestly it looks sheer. My friend worked at Sephora and color matched me and sold me this foundation. Once I got home and started using it this foundation started to settle into every nook and crevice. It grabs to dry patches and applied really thin, I thought maybe it was because I was using a damp beauty blender so I tried to use a few different brushes and it still sat the same. I was super disappointed with this product because so many people really enjoyed this product but it really fell flat for me.

on 7/14/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a light coverage gal. I gravitate towards BB Creams or a sheer dusting of mineral foundation. However now that summer has arrived and I'm sweating like a beast, light coverage products melt and slide off my face. I don't fault the products for that because I don't think any foundation will stay put in the southern heat when it's 103 in the shade.

My thought was instead of trying more "easy lightweight" formulas that slide off with the sweat, try a more full coverage foundation but use it sparingly, and that is how the Amazonian Clay Foundation is working for me.

It's an easy formula to work with. The finish is natural and slightly matte, and for me it doesn't look or feel heavy at all. I dab a small dot on each cheek to conceal redness, and one small dot on my chin for the redness there. On days that I want fuller coverage, I buff it in with an Elf Foundation Blurring Brush. I use a dampened Real Techniques sponge on days that I want to sheer it out for lighter coverage.

So far this formula really does stay put even under the muggiest conditions. I was in the office for two hours today, but I was outside the other six hours walking around a theme park during the worst of the heat. My eye shadow was a greasy hot mess in the crease, my lipstick was long gone and the only highlighter that remained was an awkward stripe on my right cheek (where did it go on the left cheek?...) -- but this foundation was actually still there. It did begin to break down on my chin and some redness was showing through but it wasn't enough to turn me off from the product, especially considering that I didn't wear primer and I never bother with touch ups.

I say give it a try if you're looking for something that offers good coverage while still letting your skin breathe, or give it a try if you're on the hunt for a foundation that will go toe to toe against the humidity. I'm really kind of impressed! I've also noticed that my blush tends to stay put when I'm wearing this foundation which is a huge plus.

I will add one other thing. I slather on a thick sunscreen with SPF 50 before applying foundation, and it's the kind of sunscreen that leaves me looking greasy. This foundation actually plays nicely with the sunscreen and tones down that greasy look.

For reference, I am 41 years old with drier, finicky sensitive skin and lots of redness on my cheeks. I moisturize before applying this, or any foundation and this formula hasn't bothered my skin.