Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

I hate this foundation and I cannot stress that enough!! This foundations texture is a thick mousse consistency and it feels very promising and and it goes on pretty thick and smoothly! The downside of this foundation is that it’s so thick and does not cover it also fades in a few hours which to me this is a waste of money! I also own double wear and I know some of you have compared this to double wear and let me just say there is no comparison! Double wear is a runny liquid that dries quickly and this is a mousse that doesn’t dry and slips around on the face and does not stay put, I have pretty dry skin and I do tend to get an oily t zone but I have acne on my cheeks and let me just say this does not cover my acne like double wear does! This also tends to rub off if I put any type of concealer on it even if it’s a tarte concealer! I really hate this product and if I could lose it I gladly would and not bother replacing it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first foundation I am returning and will not finish.

*** This is advertised as full coverage and it is NOT. Even when I build it, its only medium coverage.

It contains a lot of product, but that is because its a whipped mousse-like consistancy, its full of air and you need tons on your face. It fades terribly only after a few hrs and I have extremely dry skin, I cannot imagine how badly it would fade on someone with oily skin.

on 8/2/2018 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. Beats ELDW and Revlon ColorStay by a mile. Only con is the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't understand why people love this foundation so much. It left my skin looking flat. It was demolished after a few hours by my oily skin. It is like a tinted clay mask. Overhyped!!! I returned it to ULTA. I NEVER return things to Ulta.

on 6/21/2018 12:20:00 AM

I love this foundation. Its my new favorite and I reach for it instead of ELDW most days. The color is amazing and a perfect match for my NC 30 skin (I got the medium sand I think). its very yellow and blends well into my skin. This is definitely a medium coverage not full but can be built up. Not sure why this foundation is not more popular because I think its really amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been on the hunt for over a year to find a foundation to replace my EL DW. EL DW was my holy grail foundation for 22 years. EL DW was settling into my pores and no matter what pore minimizing primer I used, it settles into my pores and looked cakey at the end of the day. EL DW was also not enough coverage for me.

Now, comes Tarte. I went to Sephora and got free samples of all the full coverage foundations. I even went to drugstore and tried full coverage foundations as well. Tarte has way better color selection for yellow undertone.

This is a cream foundation and very thick when squeezed out of the tube, but applies very light. I personally prefer a brush over fingers and/or wet sponge. Stipple the product using a brush for fuller coverage. For lighter coverage use a wet sponge. I am still trying to find the right primer for this product, but this wears a long time and more oil controlling than EL DW.

This does not have any smell. The color does oxidize on me half a shade. When I first apply it, it is slightly too light, but wait a tiny bit a time and matches me perfectly. EL DW Dawn was the closest match, but it was a bit too pink on me. Tarte is the perfect color match on me at Fairly Light Neutral.

Pros:
- full coverage if applied with brush.
- does not settle into my pores
- great color selection especially yellow undertones

Con:
- not transfer proof as the day goes on

on 5/4/2018 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is pretty full coverage, it's kinda like paint. I have the shade fair sand, which matches well with my yellow undertones. Even with how full coverage it is on me can't make up for how much it sinks into my pores. I feel like you can see every single one. I'm sure it would help to have a pore filling primer, but I don't want to go out and get one just for this foundation. Right now, I'm mixing it with my L'Oreal Infallible to use up the product. One thing I do love about this foundation is that the tube it's in is recyclable!

on 5/1/2018 5:25:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! Great coverage, doesn't look cakey, and lasts all day. I tried this when I couldn't get EL Double Wear, and this has become a second favorite.

on 5/1/2018 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really nice full coverage foundation where a little goes a long, long way. I have set it with the Laura Mercier Loose setting powder (translucent) and it lasted the 5 hours or so I wore it with some full matte makeup and I really loved the result - it certainly does look "makeupy" but I made sure my skin was thoroughly moisturised and I had SPF on before putting on this foundation, which I think helped it to not go cakey throughout the day. As I get older, my skin seems to do whatever the heck it wants haha, if I had tried this 5 years ago when my skin was quite bad (acne prone very oily), it would have been a godsend, but my skin is now more combination and I think with a light hand, a good concealer and set lightly, if you need a foundation to last all day, this is one to consider for sure.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Definitely agree with elements of the previous review. I’ve been using it for several years now and it’s one of the only foundations that doesn’t make my face hell on earth. The coverage is pretty decent for me, however it really depends on the primer you use. I use both Hourglass Mineral Veil and Cover FX blurring primer- both seem to do alright with it but it can settle in fine lines during the day and you might need to blot here and there. Along with the primer I use either Mineral Fusion loose power in olive or Physicians Forumla bronzer (the non shimmer kind) and then finish it off with UD setting spray. The colour options are bomb especially if you are more on the yellow side and it doesn’t oxidize. I go between medium sand and tan deep sand depending on time of year.