L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Gloss (all shades)

4.1

I am really pleased with this new lip gloss...I've tried 'em all and it takes effort for a gloss to stand out to me. First, the price is good...I purchased mine for a little over $5 at Walmart. Second...the packaging is pretty, it reminds me of Estee Lauder-type of packaging, sleek tube with gold lettering, and small slanted applicator tip. Third, the gloss itself is quite nice. I chose the color "Saucy Mauve". On me, it is an everyday, MLBB shade, with shimmer (yes, it's noticeable shimmer...I like it, & doesn't feel gritty). I very much like the color, and it goes with everything. The color payoff is medium coverage, which I like. The texture isn't sticky, and it isn't runny either. It is more creamy...like a lip cream, kind of. Because of this, it isn't super shiny and glossy, it has medium shine. You can wear it to work or church and not feel like your lips are crazy-reflective. And, it smells quite pleasant actually, it has a faint vanilla-caramel scent and slightly sweet flavor. It isn't strong though and fades quickly. My only gripe is that I've had it in my purse for about a week, and the gold lettering on the tube is rubbing off already. Anyway, I definitely plan on buying more of these, since I love the one I have.

I LOVE THIS LIP GLOSS!!! I just bought 4 of them, but my favorite color by far is the Really Rose. I love the cake batter scent & the slick, not sticky, feel.

I only wish that they would come out with some different colors. I would love a rosy pink with gold shimmer (like Orgasm) and also a creamy nude without shimmer. If they came out with those two shades, these would be the only glosses I ever use.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I absolutely love this gloss! The gloss is extremely moisturizing and has a luxurious texture. I'm not sure what others were expecting in terms of color payoff, but this gloss gives you a sheer wash of color. The argan oil and the omega-3's in the gloss make it non-drying.

I tried the Blushing Berry color, liked it so much that I went back for 3 more colors. I highly recommend this gloss!

I really like these new glosses. I got the violet attitude color and its a pretty purple color,a bit sheer. Not too shimmery and has a faint creme brulee scent. Not really sticky or thick but lasts a long time. Ive only had mine or a short time and almost all of the silver on the package has rubbed off so thats why it got a 4 and not a 5. id like to get some more shades during a bogo.

I bought this in shade 151 Baby Blossom (I added a wrist swatch pic above) for $7.99 at Walgreens. Very few of the other colors in the line appealed to me because I'm not a big fan of shimmer, frost, or glitter. I like that there is actually some pigmentation in Baby Blossom and it doesn't go on too sheer. My gripes with the product are that it's a bit expensive for drugstore gloss and that it takes a minute for it to melt into my lips and become spreadable. As with a lot of pale, milky, nude colors, it definitely can accentuate flakes and lines. I indicated that I would re-buy this product, but only if it were on sale or BOGO.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Selected shades: baby blossom (baby pink), golden splash (shimmery peach), peach fuzz (sheer coral)

Pros: creamy, not sticky, very moisturizing

Cons: sheer, oil squeezes out of tube before color

Comments: These are not sticky at all and very moisturizing. The consistency isn't too thick or thin. It does tend to sit on top of your lips at first, but eventually melts into them and is very lightweight.

Will repurchase.

I just found Baby Blossom last night and picked it up. I wasn't really sure what I was expecting. I love milky pink glosses and this one definitely is a milky pink. It looks like an opaque orangey pink in the tube but on the lips it is much sheerer like a petal pink. The consistency is thicker, but it's not sticky. It's very creamy and feels really good on the lips, it melts into them. The scent is one of my favorite things..it's a very very light angel food cake batter scent, I don't think it is obnoxious or heavy at all and it does fade. I like that the applicator is more petite, then i don't feel like I am smearing tons of extra product across my lips. This is a shade you can't apply too much of or you will look sickly. The packaging is nice, it's a definite improvement from the colorjuices. It's much more elegant and I really like how it looks. All in all, I think this will become a holy grail (until L'Oreal decides to DC it!)

I bought this lip gloss in the Really Rose color which I like. It's a pretty pinky brown color. From the way it looks in the tube I thought it would provide more coverage but it's more of a sheer gloss that you can layer on to get a bit more color. It makes my lips nice and shiny without being glittery which is what I was looking for although some of the other shades do have glitter in them. I love the way it smells like candy. It doesn't last very long so you will need to reapply frequently.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am a fan of the regular L'oreal Color Riche lipglosses (the ones you have to apply with a wand), so I was excited when I saw the display for the new Le Gloss tubes. Based on the packaging, I thought they would be super pigmented and super smooth -- basically "super everything" because it looks so high-end and pretty with the gold cap and gold band at the end of the tube. I wanted a whole bunch of colors, but I only picked up Sassy Mauve (a very shimmery peach shade with some brown in it) and Blushing Berry (a rose-berry shade with light shimmer). I thought I would definitely fall in love with Sassy Mauve because the color looked like it would go well with my NC30 skin tone, but it turns out that it is way too frosty! The shimmer particles are big and noticeable, which is definitely not a good look on the lips -- at least in my opinion. The frostiness seems to overpower the color of the gloss, a shame because isn't as pigmented as I would like in the first place. I ended up liking Blushing Berry more because of its beautiful berry color and more subtle shimmer. The color is sheerer than I wanted, but I guess it gives a more natural look. I don't like the vanilla scent, but it is pretty faint, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much about it. The packaging, like I said above, is beautiful and it is good how it has a slant-tip applicator instead of a round-tip like the Color Juices.

One reason why I like the regular Color Riche lipglosses is because their liquid consistency is so lightweight on the lips and the color sheers out beautifully, making application a breeze. I thought the Le Gloss would simply be a more pigmented version, but it turns out that the texture is thicker and this makes it harder to spread the color evenly on my lips. I tried to use more of the gloss to build up the color, but it just look streaky and uneven, so I would say this gloss is definitely not buildable. As much as I appreciate the slant-tip applicator, I still think glosses that come with a doe-foot/brush applicators are the best for achieving an even application. I also have the Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in Bordeaux (a deep berry-plum color with fine golden shimmer) and I would say that it is extremely pigmented compared to the Le Gloss. The texture is also a lot thicker so it lasts longer too. And the more I think about it, the more the Le Gloss reminds me of the old Color Presso lipglosses from the H.I.P. line in terms of texture and colors (I owned a few before they turned bad on me). The Color Pressos had the same vanilla scent, so maybe this was just simply a case of repackaging and renaming?

I am unsure as to whether I would purchase again or not, because I do think that there are some really gorgeous colors in the line, so I am going to put "will repurchase again" for now.

After seeing the print ads with Laetitia Casta (allegedly wearing Watermelon Crush, a bright pink color), and with Jennifer Lopez (allegedly wearing Golden Splash, a hot coral shade), I searched far and wide in the stores near me to locate this gloss. I realize that the ads are photoshopped, but the promises were high shine, long-lasting powder, and supreme moisturization with Omega-3 and Argan oil. (Two ingredients which have lately become very popular in cosmetics, I guess.)

Alas, I found the display at Rite-Aid, and they were offering them for the suggested retail price of $7.95, which is slightly cheaper than the Colour Juice glosses. Additionally, they were having a sale on L'Oreal items. (Buy one get one half off.) Sadly, it looked like most of the colors were gone already, but I was able to pick up the aforementioned Golden Splash shade, as well as one called Nude Touch.

I have fairly pink lips, so most colors look brighter on me. In the tube, the Golden Splash looks like a beautiful orange-coral with some gold shimmer to it. Unfortunately, once on my lips, it showed up a dull peach-nectar color. The Nude Touch is a mauvey-nude color, so it actually has more pink undertones than brown, which is flattering for me. It did make my teeth look whiter, but unfortunately again, the color didn't show up as vibrant as in the tube. It was basically a step above clear lip balm.

I gave the packaging low marks because my Golden Splash one started leaking immediately after I bought it. Turns out, the banded end where it was supposed to be sealed together wasn't fully sealed (defective), so every time I squeeze the tube, lipgloss comes out of both the top and the bottom.

The slim slant-tube is easy to apply. The texture is not as sticky as the Colour Juices; rather, it feels a little bit like MAC's Lip Gelees, so it applies smoothly. There is a slight cake batter scent that I find pleasant, which fades away within 10 minutes of application. This gloss is not super-shiny -- only semi-glossy, like the finish a shine lipstick would have. The lasting-power is not wonderful... the glossiness only stays for maybe 30 minutes on me, and then it's just a bit of the color that remains.

The one plus is that my lips do feel very soft and moisturized after I remove this gloss, but I am overall quite disappointed in this product. I usually have very good experiences with L'Oreal prodcuts.

I put that I would not repurchase, which means I would not go out of my way to search for it, as I did initially. If I did come across it for a good price (like at a BOGO event or something), I would probably try some of the brighter shades, but for now, I'll just stick with the two that I already have. continued >>