Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 7/19/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these towelettes. They're great for refreshing your face, especially during this hot and humid summer. They have a pleasant herbal scent, and remove makeup fairly well. What I love the most about them, however, is that they don't break me out! I am horribly acne-prone, with extremely oily skin that's just slightly dry around the eyes, nose and mouth. I tend to apply a bit of moisturizer just as I would after washing my face after I use these so I haven't particularly noticed if these are even slightly drying.

UPDATE: 1/25/2013
I added a lippie to the four that I had previously given this product because it's actually helped clear my acne. I ran out and didn't repurchase because I'm on a budget and thought they weren't necessary anyway. I don't know what made me buy them other than I know that I really liked them the last time I used them.

I had been breaking out horribly (cystic) on my cheeks and while the stuff I normally used (salicylic acid, b.p.) improved the acne, they didn't get completely rid of them. And if you know anything about cystic acne, it's that just having one is horrible enough (they leave pockmarks on your face). I'd rather just get regular whiteheads. Note that I've always exfoliated my skin pretty well with a scrubby washcloth and made sure that my face was clean.

Anyway, I was getting about 2 at any one time and got lazy one night and decided to use one of these even though I could feel a zit surfacing. I woke up with completely clear skin. It's been 2 days and I still don't have any zits, a new record as of late.
I use them day and night even after washing my face and haven't used any acne products. I don't know if I'll be able to get away with not using the acne products for long, but I'm experimenting because they make my skin feel like sandpaper. This product seriously makes me want to try other Burt's Bees facial products. I've read of a couple that have helped others with their acne even though it's not marketed as a product for clearing acne.

on 6/30/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My Skin:
Acne prone, used to be really oily but after using lots of acne medications it became dry and sensitive.
The Product:
I would definitely repurchase this product again when I'm finished. I've been using this product for two weeks and it didn't broke me out. The smell doesn't bother me either. I don't wear water-proof make up so I'm not sure how this wipes would work on water-proof make up. But for me it takes off my make up just fine, including my eye make up and mascara. I know some people only use facial wipe and that's it, but for me it doesn't matter what brand it is I still have to rinse my face with water and my gel facial cleanser. However, there are times where I'm very tired at night and I just used this wipe cleanser and didn't rinse it off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bet this is a great facial wipe in comparison to other facial wipes... but i just didn't like it (and it's the first time i tried a facial wipe so i can't really compare... though i think i don't liek any facial wipes)
pros:
- smells good
- cleanses well
- tightens pores

cons:
- dries my skin out
- makes my skin sorta tight

it's definitely not greasy, and i think it may work better than others, and it's natural ( but tad bit expensive still :P )

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got these for $5.99 at Target. Coming from someone who has gone through plenty of MAC Wipes packages, I absolutely adore these wipes. The MAC Wipes left a rather annoying greasy film on my skin which seemed to stay there for hours, but I loved how they removed every last stitch of makeup on my face.

These wipes remove all my makeup and do not leave any film whatsoever! Plus, the scent, which at first I didn't like, has rather grown on me. I like how the lid stays shut and doesn't pop open after closing it like the MAC Wipes. Overall, these are far superior and I love them!

on 6/14/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

These wipes are ok. they remove my makeup well enough, but they also make my eyes sting like something awful! While I don't particularly like the scent of these Burt's Bees wipes because they're too cinnamon-y, I appreciate that it comes naturally from the ingredients used in these wipes. I wouldn't rebuy these though because the wipes from Simple are much better - no stinging and no fragrance, either.

These are just nasty. The smell is way too strong. It took 2 wipes just to remove my TM. I won't buy, or even use, again.

on 4/13/2012 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

THE SMELL!!!! aghh I have to hold my breath wen I use them and I'm not that sensitive to smells in products :X does nothing for breakouts, cleans okay but for some reason it kind of burns my skin when I remove makeup. I wear concealer under my eyes, mascara and sometimes eyeliner so it's basically all eye makeup, making it kind of painful. And it's expensive! A good thing is the packaging and it isn't animal tested, but yes to cucumbers towelettes are much better than these

I really wanted to love these wipes but I just didn't. At all. I used them as make-up removers before cleansing my face, and these wipes couldn't get off eye make-up. I don't use waterproof or smudgeproof eye make-up that often, and I went to bed with raccoon eyes most nights. These just didn't cut it. Really disappointing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally, I really like Burt's Bees products. I find these toilettes effective at removing my eye makeup and I find the smell pleasant; however, for some reason my face burns like crazy after using them. Even after rinsing my face afterwards, my skin burns and is very red, particularly around my eyes. It has also broken out and I'm not prone to breakouts nor do I have particularly sensitive skin. I thought these would be a great idea for when I'm traveling (and I don't want to use other non-natural and synthetic brands), but I need to go back to my MAC cleansing oil, which is much more gentle.

on 3/22/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've taken a real liking to these towelettes. I'm someone that uses natural products and these towelettes are so wonderfully soothing. I believe that has a lot to do with the lack of harsh chemicals. Many reviewers have noted their dislike of the smell. I can't get enough of that natural, white-tea scent. Yes, it's a bit heavy in scent, but I don't mind it. The witch hazel in these towelettes keeps my blemishes at bay and really makes my face feel clean. They get all my makeup off and I typically wear a full face of it daily. I wish more people liked these as much as I do. It's utterly bizarre reading a not-so-nice review for a product you can't wait to stock up on.