Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bet this is a great facial wipe in comparison to other facial wipes... but i just didn't like it (and it's the first time i tried a facial wipe so i can't really compare... though i think i don't liek any facial wipes)
pros:
- smells good
- cleanses well
- tightens pores

cons:
- dries my skin out
- makes my skin sorta tight

it's definitely not greasy, and i think it may work better than others, and it's natural ( but tad bit expensive still :P )

I wanted to like these. I love Burt's, it's made in my hometown (go Durham!), and I love so much of their stuff.

These.... not so much.

They smell like all-natural bug repellent. They remove makeup ok, not as well as other brands, and while they did not cause me to breakout nor did they prevent my monthly chin breakout which brands like Olay and L'Oreal keep at bay.

They're also not quite as moist as I like my facial towelette to be. Oh well.

on 1/14/2012 5:36:00 PM

Like the 2 reviewers below, I found the scent of these wipes a bit overpowering. The packaging (aka snap on lid) is great and it keeps the wipes moist. I tend to use wipes to remove my makeup before using my regular facial cleanser (even though it's not necessary with these wipes). These wipes left my skin feeling clean and most importantly NOT STICKY! However, I felt a slight tingly feeling every time I use it. As a result, I would not re-purchase these wipes again.

on 6/15/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

These towelettes are the newest addition to the Burt's Bees line. It's about time they came out with some! It says on the package they are 99.1% natural and they "remove dirt, oil, and make-up without rinsing." I find this to be true. I have used organic wipes before and they wouldn't ever remove my eye make-up, but these did without a problem. Haven't tried them on waterproof mascara though. I do find they leave my skin a little dry, but my skin is also a little drier than normal this week so it may just be that. No irritation or redness. The package is nice. It has the plastic door cover over the sticker seal. The wipes are durable, but there is a strong white tea fragrance. The white tea extract is 4th on the pretty nice ingredient list. They come in a pack of 30 for around $6 at Walgreens which is less expensive than almost every other wipe there. I'm impressed and will buy again.
**EDIT** Long term, these wipes irritated my nose and cheeks. I used up the pack but won't buy again.

on 8/5/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works to get the makeup off, however the packaging dried out my wipes! This issue was fixed by adding a little water ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

so far i really like these. i bought them without reading reviews because they were the cheapest i could find in the store and i was a bit worried about using them after seeing the rating, but i love them so far.
they got all my makeup off super well and i didn't feel like i had to rub my face extra hard for them to do their job like i've had to with other brands. i did get a minor stinging feeling around my eyes, but my skin there is quite sensitive.
i love the smell and the packaging is great and stops them from drying out like some other apparently resealable brands i've tried.
would definitely repurchase.

on 3/12/2015 11:13:00 PM

I love how easy and convenient these are. But I guess you could say that about most make up wipes. I had read the reviews and I was nervous about the fact that people said they made their skin your irritated . I never had a problem with this and I will continue to use these

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutely love these, they smell amazing and are refreshing after use. I mostly use these to remove make-up and they are very effective.

Very good for cleansing, skin does feel tight afterwards so I would suggest following with moisturiser.

on 10/2/2013 11:09:00 PM

I haven't tried a lot of Burt's Bees skincare products, but these were on sale so I decided to try them out. These wipes are really good for removing makeup at the end of the day. The first thing I noticed about these was the scent -- they have a kind of sweet white tea scent that isn't super strong, but it does linger on the skin for a little while. The wipes are pretty sturdy -- I never had an issue with them ripping or tearing, and one wipe was the perfect size to remove an entire face of makeup. These didn't irritate my skin at all, including the eye area. These took off my eye makeup just fine, unless it was waterproof. Waterproof mascara or liner will barely budge with these wipes, so you'll need a separate product for removing those. One of the best things about this product is that it has a plastic closure that seals shut instead of a sticker closure. This kept the wipes moist for much longer and made them easier to travel with.
I don't think these are the most amazing face wipes ever, but they do a good job. I'd recommend trying them out, especially if you can get them on sale.

ok, i use this product in conjunction with burts bees gel cleanser, and i have to say that I'm a fan of this combo. i use the facial towelette first to remove my foundation, then the gel cleanser to fight the acne. i would NOT recommend using the wipes to remove eye makeup, however. i just use Sephora makeup remover for my eyes. the smell is somewhat medicinal, but it's not overpowering (for me anyway). the wipes do tend to dry out my skin, but i always use moisturizer after anyway. i will probably repurchase these just because of the reasonable price and how they work with my other burts bees product.