Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The main thing that I really like about these towelettes is that they leave me feeling clean. It has a nice tea scent, and I don't feel like I have a layer of chemicals on my face. They work nicely with my skin, and they helped clear up a few blemishes on my forehead last summer. They do remove makeup, but it can take some scrubbing to get heavier eye makeup off. I do tend to just use a different towelette for days that I am wearing more makeup and use these for lighter days. They are also very refreshing after working out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased a small package of these at Target recently because I find cleansing towelettes to be a better buy than plain old makeup removing wipes. Sometimes in a pinch I do not have the ability to do my entire face routing, especially when I'm at work and need to go somewhere right afterward. I really liked these; they are inexpensive, smell nice, the packaging is pretty, and I felt they didn't dry me out too much if used alone. Mostly I used these simply as a makeup remover, but occasionally as my "face wash". I did notice they stung, but only slightly over sensitive areas/blemishes. I would definitely re-purchase, but there are some good cleansing towelettes popping up I've noticed that have multiple uses!

on 12/26/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These have a wonderful citrus tea-like scent, but they do sting a bit on my oily but sensitive skin. Nothing overly redness inducing, but more of a slight burning sensation. I am not sure which ingredient could be causing that. It does remove eye makeup well for me so maybe I will just stick to using these for that purpose than as a facial wipe. I am a little bummed because these seemed promising and I usually have fair luck with most Burt's Bees facial products. Luckily these don't break me out and have a good amount of saturation for me. I would not repurchase once I use up my package.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

these towelettes do what they're supposed to do and just that. they take a few minutes at wiping my eyes free of eyeliner. They eyeliner I use likes to stick around and very little is needed to give one raccoon eyes so that I expected. With one swipe my foundation is completely off though so that's a plus. I switched to these because the Simple ones I was using previously made my face sting and feel gross, sticky, and irritated after and I have found these too make my face and eyes sting for a while. Almost like if i had rubbed my face raw except it'd b just gently wiping my face the first time. Maybe i need the white ones instead for sensitive skin. I'm pleased with these and I would repurchase but I'm still looking for something better

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Best part about these - the packaging. The plastic lid actually keeps the towelettes from drying out, unlike other towelette containers that only have stickers to keep the air out.

I go back and forth on these so really it's like a 3.5. The cloth is much softer and thicker than the ones from Say Yes to Carrots (Cucumber version), or Pond's. My facial skin likes the cloth when I only use one towelette. If I use two, which is how many I like to use when wearing a lot of makeup, my skin turns red, and starts to sting.

These also seem to dry out my cheeks. I do have sensitive skin, and dry cheeks, so with these two issues, I do have trouble finding towelettes that don't irritate my skin.

on 4/11/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Simple's makeup wipes for awhile and I wanted to try something new so I picked up burt's bees makeup wipes. The smell is fine, it has citrus scent and it smells like oranges. What is better than Simple brand of makeup wipes is that these wipes are moist and have the right amount of remover on them. They are gentle too but too gentle I think. These wipes take off my mineral foundation fine but it barely takes off my waterproof mascara which is a total let down. I will go back to the Simple brand due to it also being gently but effective at removing all my makeup including waterproof makeup.
I won't be repurchasing these but I recommend this product to people with really sensitive skin, especially dry skin due to it also being moisturizing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

god, ew. the smell of these is terrible. and then when i use it my face stings. it doesn't take all my mascara off, maybelline mega plush, no matter how hard i try. yet somehow my eyes don't sting.. very strange. and even though my face wicked burns when i use one of these, my face doesn't look bad, like you'd expect. i can't really decide how i feel about it since i've only used them once each day, for 3 days. only reason i got this was i wanted an eye makeup remover that didn't sting, but then i thought why not get a full face makeup remover. then i didn't wanna get a liquid because i'd have to waste my circle pads, especially because they are smaller than towelettes.. who knows, i will only find out what's best for me, by experience. i won't return these i guess, but i'll look through reviews first definitely. my phone doesn't work so i couldn't check it on the spot like i always do. just really wanted something cus my current cream makeup remover is not for the eyes and it blinds me but i can't help but use it. sorry burt, sorry bees, this product's not for me.

on 10/5/2012 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I usually buy the Neutrogena towelettes, but decided to try these out because of the packaging. I liked that there's a lid and not just adhesive. Plus, the price was roughly $5 so I figured why not. From what I can tell it removes light makeup fairly well. It didn't really work on my waterproof mascara though (L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber) so I'm willing to bet it won't work very well on other waterproof products either. The white tea extract scent is okay. It's a little strong so if you're sensitive to scents, you might want to pass. I didn't experience any extremely unpleasant effects on my skin either - just a little dryness/tightness, but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't instantly remedy. I intend on using up the product, but I probably won't re-purchase. Overall, it's just kind of average..

on 8/16/2012 1:55:00 PM

I've been trying to place the very strong smell of these towelettes, and the closest I can get is a mix between children's aspirin and smarties candy. Neither of these are things I want to smell like.

On the up-side, the packaging of the towelettes is excellent, with a plastic "door" that snaps shut to keep everything from drying out. The towelettes are also a good size and thicker than others I've used.

The downsides are, of course, the overpowering and gross smell, and the fact that these aren't too great at removing eye makeup. Most cloths of this kind don't seem to do especially well with mascara removal, though, so it's probably no worse than other brands.

In the future I might try the sensitive skin version of these towelettes, but I wouldn't recommend the standard version.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bet this is a great facial wipe in comparison to other facial wipes... but i just didn't like it (and it's the first time i tried a facial wipe so i can't really compare... though i think i don't liek any facial wipes)
pros:
- smells good
- cleanses well
- tightens pores

cons:
- dries my skin out
- makes my skin sorta tight

it's definitely not greasy, and i think it may work better than others, and it's natural ( but tad bit expensive still :P )