Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes w/White Tea Extract
Burt's Bees TowelettesBurt's Bees Towelettes

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 4/13/2012 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

THE SMELL!!!! aghh I have to hold my breath wen I use them and I'm not that sensitive to smells in products :X does nothing for breakouts, cleans okay but for some reason it kind of burns my skin when I remove makeup. I wear concealer under my eyes, mascara and sometimes eyeliner so it's basically all eye makeup, making it kind of painful. And it's expensive! A good thing is the packaging and it isn't animal tested, but yes to cucumbers towelettes are much better than these

I really wanted to love these wipes but I just didn't. At all. I used them as make-up removers before cleansing my face, and these wipes couldn't get off eye make-up. I don't use waterproof or smudgeproof eye make-up that often, and I went to bed with raccoon eyes most nights. These just didn't cut it. Really disappointing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

These are neither the best nor the worst MU wipes, but I wouldn't purchase again. The packaging is good, really stays moist but the scent is nauseating. I found it made my eyes water when I used it on eye makeup and found it drying and irritating around the eye area in general. On the rest of the face, it was fine. Still, what is the use of using so many irritating ingredients and fragrances when trying to promote a natural MU wipe? Disappointing.

Pros: Easy to use
You don't have to use water
Smells good

Cons: Still a little too drying
Doesn't cleanse really well and leaves flakes.

This is one of the only brands of towelettes that do not test on animals, so I'm very limited as to what I will let myself buy. I liked them better than the Yes To brand, I tried to blueberry wipes and the cucumber wipes. The smell of these is really great and they take do take off my makeup. If you wear a TON of makeup though, don't expect a miracle here.
UPDATE: these burn my face every time I use them. I'm going to finish the pack but definately not buy them again.

Thankfully these were given to me in a kit for my vacation.. They contain rosemary and other crap and do not fully remove my makeup...especially around my eyes. I dont even wear waterproof mascara and I still have to rub my eyes with the towlette and it still doesnt come off. Once I'm done rubbing, my EYELIDS are on FIRE! These definitely are not mild at all! Stick to neutrogena or mac!

on 9/5/2011 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

These are great and very convenient! I used to use Neutrogena facial wipes when I was tired or lazy, but they test on animals. These are a fantastic find! They don't leave my skin feeling oily or dry.

Edit: I got zits after each use.

on 5/29/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product isn't as bad as everyone is saying. The towelettes are dampened adequately all the way through and are nice and soft; however, there is an unsettling tingling sensation when first applied to the skin. This hasn't caused any skin reactions or irritations for me, but I do avoid rubbing these over my eyes as that will sting.

I bought these when there was a 25% off sale at my local pharmacy. However, I wouldn't repurchase just because I find the Simple face wipes more effective while being more gentle on the skin.

Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought these while in Ulta because I saw they were on sale and needed to pick some up anyways. I usually love Burt's Bee's products so I thought I would probably love these too.
I use wipes likes these to take off my makeup before cleansing my skin because I've never felt wipes like this actually "cleanse".
Anyways, they do a fantastic job at removing all of my makeup, including eye makeup. However, they do leave my face a little bit sticky, BUT that isn't necessarily a huge problem for me since I do follow up with a cleanser.
The main reason I would not repurchase these are because of the smell. It is nice but way too strong. It's overpowering. I like my skin care products to have a light scent.
Overall, they are effective but don't like the smell at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got these along with some other products, it was a travel size kits i got from marshalls for about eight bucks. it came with two lip products, body wash, lotion and these towelettes. and a little bag to carry it all in! These remove my makeup well, leaves no trace. it leaves my face a bit sticky though and i dont care for the smell but i can put up with it. but its not something i'd buy again. it didnt burn my face though, though my skin may not be as sensitive as others.