Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this mainly because I thought the packaging was really cute. The worst thing about this stuff is the smell. It's so overpowering that it's all you can smell for the rest of the day. Who wants to walk around smelling their mascara all day? I won't be buying it again for that reason.

on 7/30/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Meh. Definitely doesn't deliver on it's promises. I have naturally very long, flared lashes (unfortunately, they're blonde, and disappear with no mascara), and I was hoping that this would exaggerate both those things. It did not. My lashes looked no more long or flared than they do with any other mascara. The worst part to me was how dry it looked after a few hours. Dried out looking eyelashes are never pretty. Overall, this mascara is OK, but nothing more than just OK.

on 7/26/2011 9:05:00 PM

After severe dissapointment with several department store brand mascara, (See reviews Flirt, Clinique and Lancome yuck.) I went on a mission to find a good drug store mascara. In doing this I red a lot of articles and makeup alley reviews before I went on my trip to Ulta and I was all set to buy the regular falsies after being impressed by the pictures on makeupalley but then i noticed this new one, the winged version and I stupidly bought it instead. First of all there was no winged effect, just none. But then the brush is also very strange its a spoon brush but the tons of little bristles aren't organized at all and stick out randomly. The mascara itself first coat added a lot of length but NO volume, so then I added a second coat and became extremely clumpy and created spider lashes. Not a fan, I admit though that I've only had the courage to try it twice more, if things get better I'll do an update. Don't be impressed by the commercial however they make the models lashes look that way it's not with this mascara. To end on a positive note, the bottle is really sexy :)

Update: So about 2 weeks after I first got this one it is a lot better in application adds volume and some length although I still don't like it although now for different reasons. It flakes, looks REALLY fake (not in a good way like it looks like you have un even goop on your lashes) and can't hold a curl, it only lasts for like an hour. Still I upgraded it to a 2, not as bad as in the begining.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How are they getting away with those tacky fake eyelashes the model is wearing on the commercial? It's beyond fake. Cover Girl, Loreal, and Rimmel have been under fire for using fake lashes. Now CG has to state in ad's that lash inserts were used. Lash inserts is another name for fake lashes or individual lashes. I'm not really a fan of the first mascara. It was a wet formula that took forever to dry out enough so that it didn't smudge, plus the fibers can work for or against you when it comes to clumping. It's harder to layer a fiber mascara to build volume. Like someone said, Prestige mascaras are HG for the drugstore. Especially My Blackest Lashes and My Longest Lashes. Their macara called My Biggest Lashes was just ok. You can find Prestige at Ulta or Rite Aid. The only other one I use is Cover Girl Lash Perfection, which is close to Max Factor's Lash Perfection. I don't think this is different enough to set itself apart from The Falsies. In fact, branch off mascara like these almost never live up to the hype of the original. Some of these reviews are funny and disgusting. Much like the joke of a twelve year old.

the brush is curved so its easy to get all your lashes in one swipe. it makes them look thick and kinda long. one thing i dont like is it sometimes clumps. other then that i love this mascara.

on 7/17/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this mascara. It gives good length and finds all my lashes. My lashes look full and flared however it doesn't make them look thick. The look is more natural. It doesn't flake too much or smudge on my oily lids. It is a nice drugstore mascara.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was very disappointed with this product from the second I opened it up. I normally am excited about new mascara but my first impression is that the mascara if very chunky. It was like I opened an old tube of mascara. It doesn't work any better then my old mascara and if anything, it took many application to get results anywhere near a "false" look. I will not be buying this product again, but for now, I must deal with it until this tube is gone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really did not like the original Falsies. It did nothing for me, was super flaky - I just did not care for it. The new Falsies Flared edition works better for me. It is still not HG for me, but it doing a better job. First, I will say that I am still experiencing some flaking. In my experience with Maybelline mascaras, this is pretty common. (get it together, Maybelline!) I got this in the blackest color possible, and it is still a little smokey, not truly super inky black. The look this gives me is good separation, a bit of volume, good length, and it holds my curl well. I have been using the Clinique Lash Building Primer with this, hoping that will help my flaking issue. I was able to find this at my local CVS for $7.99.

on 6/28/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far the best mascara I have used. Maybelline New York is a really good brand for mascara. Highly recommend it. It's unbelievably easy to apply, and it made my eyelashes look great to the point people kept asking whether they were my natural lashes. It doesn't clump my eyelashes together at all and it curls the eyelashes in a long and voluminous length.
The thing I really like about this mascara is that one coat does the job without clumping. I'm really impressed with this product.

on 6/23/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have always had good luck with mascaras, especially Maybelline, but I just wasn't too impressed with this one :/ I really wanted to love it, and I couldn't do it...I may have had too high of expectations for it, because with a name like "falsies", I wanted it to make my lashes look like they do when I wear my fake ones. I'm not saying it's a bad mascara, it does an average job, but I'd much rather stick with my Colossal Volume Express:)