Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

on 9/11/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Eh... this was just an okay product. I don't want to talk it down, since it IS a mascara and did what mascara does; made your lashes look a bit more. But it didn't do what it promised. I didn't get the flase lash look, even after almost five minutes of layering. Not one of my better investments... won't be revisiting this. I did, however, like the packaging, very nice :) The brush was too big and chunky for me, and it didn't do much for my lashes, as stated before. Do what you will, it might work better for other people...

Update: Okay, maybe it's just me, but this mascara got a lot better after a week? Now it actually IS giving me a false lash/flared look! So, scratch what I said above, it's a great mascara! Just need to give it some time! Oh, and it's amazing if you use NYC City Curls over it, looks very curled without the curler!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I very much prefer the original falsies to this new one. I absolutely adored the first one (aside from how impossible it was to remove) but this brush just doesn't do it for me. It's far too chunky and stiff and the shape is just strange. Kind of spoon-shaped, kind of triangular. It doesn't layer well at all and one coat only makes my lashes look "okay". I won't repurchase this particular version, but I'll definitely be going back to the regular Falsies in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually use Apple mascara, which is my hg (great volume and holds a curl). But I do get bored and like to switch things up a bit at times. The falsies flared mascara comes with a great price tag, and a nifty wand (slightly curved on one side and bendable at the base). Although it failed to perform up to my expectations. It is very natural upon the first few coats, but it does build up slightly by the third without clumping (not so bad, I know). However, it does not hold a curl for the life of me. My lashes ended up looking straighter and lighter then usual. Either way, I'm glad I have my apple.

wow i'm kind of shocked how many bad reviews i'm seeing for this. i actually really love this mascara. it's not too wet so it doesn't clump my lashes together and it gives them good length, volume and still leaves them defined. my only gripe is that it feels like i'm already starting to run out but i could be wrong. my advice for those experiencing problems with this mascara is try experimenting with how you use the brush. i'll use mine so the curve is facing down and the high point of the spoon is against my lashes, i feel like if i use the dip against my lashes it puts too much product in one area and causes clumps. i'm actually kinda scared they might discontinue this so i'm contemplating buying a few at once.

on 8/22/2011 1:43:00 AM

Didn't like this version. Wet formula that clumped and made my lashes look stick like, not much volume or "flair" happening. Returned.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find Maybelline mascaras are really hit or miss but I actually like this one. It gives a nice defined lash with some length but I don't really get a lot of volume with it. It doesn't clump and it holds a curl well. I wear this one to work.

***edit***

Some flaking as the formula dried. It's time to replace and I will not repurchase, although I would not mind using it again if there weren't always other options.

My friend and I bought this at Walgreens for buy one get one 50% off and at $7.49 we couldn't pass it up! So we got home and tried it, and I have naturally long lashes, but they have blond tips so they look short, however however my friend was blessed with long thick lashes. She was eager for extreme drama to enhance her dark makeup, and I just wanted some volume. When I opened up the tube, I was a little confused about which side of it's 'patented spoon brush' I was supposed to use. But I figured it out, and I got dark, separated lashes. However not much volume like I wanted, probably because the formula was so wet; I possibly couldn't done better with waterproof. My friend showed me her lashes, and I was a little appaled at how it treated her lashes. They looked thin, dark, and spidery. I have to say her lashes looked better without the mascara! But being the good friend, I told her they looked great. After that we decided to go swimming. We put our faces in the water and looked to see if it was running down our faces like we were sobbing, but it literallyjust washed off. Oh well. Maybelline the Falsies Flared is a decent mascara if you want a natural, daytime look. :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is amazing. It gives me volume, length, and thickness in 2 coats. Unlike some other mascara's it doesn't clump. It seperates each lash to make them look thick. Screw the false eyelash look, this looks way better. Will buy again, though a tad flaky and dry at times..... But you just have to SWIRL (not pump) the wand inside the tube to get more out of each coat.

on 8/14/2011 2:56:00 AM

This mascara does add quite a bit of length but the formula is very thick and it clumps up on the ends badly. I had to use a clean mascara brush to combs the clumps out. Once I did that it looked okay but it's not enough to save this one. The main reason I won't buy this again is because the smell is horrible and it lingers! It literally smells like this prescription nasal spray I had to take earlier this year... gag! It's going in the trash. So disappointed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very clumpy and dry, like old mascara. I was disappointed. It just made me look like I didn't know how to apply make-up. The bottle seemed pretty wet so I don't think it was an old batch.

I tried it again, brushing my lashes out before and after applying but it only helped slightly. I wouldn't want to do that much work anyway.

There is also a strong smell, which is unnecessary for eye make-up (or any make-up!)

Pros:
It did make my lashes look long, but gloppy, uneven and sparse. Not at all the look of false lashes.

I tested it by sleeping in it overnight: Not a single smudge or racoon ring. I use a pretty greasy moisturizer at night too. It also came off easily with water the next morning, no cleanser needed.