Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

on 12/9/2011 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like the other reviewers, I so wanted to like this mascara, but I didn't. The formula is not bad at all, but the brush basically sucks. It's flimsy and clumps it on. I used my L'Oreal Double Extend brush and it worked pretty good though. But what's the use of buying a mascara if you have to use another brush to make it work. Soooo, guess I'm still L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara's biggest fan. Because so far, I've found nothing to compare to it's wonder!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This works really well for gals like me with already somewhat thick eyelashes. It does provide a little volume, but it clumps a lot if you try to build much more than a few coats. As for length, holy mother of god, my lashes were so long and curled and noticeable after one coat!! I didn't even touch the eyelash curler. As far as drugstore mascaras go, this one has been superb for me.

on 11/28/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Wore this mascara today. i love the way my lashes look after ive applied it. Gives great volume? and length. Makes my lashes luscious. doesnt flake. No complaints here.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So, a lot of the comments for this seem pretty harsh. What you need to take into consideration, is that advertising is an exaggeration of the products actual effects. This is true for most things, especially mascaras. This mascara has a really unique brush, and because of it's shape, I cut my routine into two steps. I curl my lashes and then use two coats of this, each application consisting of a swipe first with the concave side to really distribute a good amount of mascara on the lashes (as a tip, hold a mirror beneath your nose while you apply your mascara and hold the wand at the base of your lashes for a few moments before following through to the tips...this will create a really volumous base and add lift for a more wide-open eye look), followed by a few quick swipes through my lashes with the other side of the brush to smooth out any clumps and to build up the length. I think this mascara holds the curl very well, and if used properly, will certainly give you a flared out look. The blackest black will not give you particularly black lashes, and although it will give the lashes volume and drama, it doesn't quite compare to falsies. If you're looking for that extreme look, go to a Sephora and invest in a pair and a makeup artist will teach you how to apply them for free. All in all, this is a great drugstore find and I will absolutely repurchase as a cheap everyday alternative to my usual BeneFit mascara. :]

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this version better than the original Falsies or Falsies Black Drama. The original Falsies has the tendency to get really dry and clumpy really fast, though it isn't totally terrible. Black Drama is terrible, but that's a different review. Falsies Flared isn't too dry or clumpy or too thick and waxy, so it is kinda the Goldilocks of The Falsies line. I get good definition and a bit of that "flare" that they advertise. It isn't over the top and dramatic, but I sincerely hope that we're all smart enough to realize that NO mascara ever will get our lashes alone to look like mascara ads. If you don't go in to it with unrealistic expectations of perfect lashes that look false without using false lashes then you won't be so disappointed. This is a very good drugstore mascara, but the reviews don't reflect that at all. It's too bad, the product is definitely worth a try.

on 10/13/2011 11:47:00 AM

I have naturally long lashes but length and volume is always nice so I stick with The Falsies! But, I sent my friend to the store to buy me regular Falsies but she accidently got it in Flared.
I thought about getting it before but I read so many poor reviews that I decided not to.
But since I had it I might as well try it right?
THIS IS AWFUL.
It was clumpy and dry.
The wand is a pain in the butt to use. I actually had to return it after two days of using it!
It was constantly falling in my eyes, like at the end of the day I would honestly have black chunks of mascara, floating, In my eyes.
I would give it an A+ for length! Because it makes them long but they look disgusting.
I do NOT reccomend getting this product at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I usually use Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara, but it's always hard to get hold of in black, so I recently ended up with this.

Colour: I like very black mascaras, and this is acceptably intense in colour.

Volume: I did get some volume from this, but it wasn't amazing. Instead it seemed to give that 'many, defined lashes' rather than 'thick lashes' look. Can get clumpy looking if I brush it over my lashes too many times/apply it when there's a lot of formula clinging to the wand. This is easily fixed for me using an old cleaned off MF Masterpiece mascara wand (the spiky rubber bristles make it great for this).

Length: I would say this gives me decent/average length on the majority of my lashes, and good length on my outer lashes. I don't think it's actually making them longer, but it manages to reach and thus darken/thicken further along my outermost lashes better than usual (see below).

Wand: I actually really like this shaped wand. It really lets me get the lashes at the outer corner of my eye, which I often can't get to properly because they're quite curled and the curve of my eye is quite round. This does mean I end up with more of a flared/sixties flick kind of look (as the name implies), which I like.

Curl: About the same for me as the 2000 Calorie, but I have naturally curled lashes, so the curl aspect is not normally able to make a significant difference for me with any mascara. If you have straight lashes, check a review that mentions they have straightish lashes also.

Overall, I was actually pretty surprised by how well this mascara worked for me, considering I've hated the other Maybelline mascaras I've tried. If I can't get hold of 2000 Calorie again, I would find this acceptable.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Definitely stick with the non-flared formula, for some reason the flared ends up very clumpy and lashes look fake, not in a good way

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I tried this because I liked the regular falsies mascara. I have naturally curled sort of full lashes but this mascara clumps them together giving me that spiky look even if I comb them out with a lash comb. I don't notice too much length or volume. The only thing I like is that its very black and that it applies well to my bottom lashes. I would definitely not repurchase this again.

on 9/21/2011 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using the regular Falsies waterproof and really liked it, so I thought I'd try this flared version. It only adds length, but no volume to my lashes. My lashes are naturally long, so it really didn't do much, but oh my gosh, how it flakes! I've never had a mascara as flaky as this one. Within minutes, I have to wipe all of the mascara rubble from under my eyes. Not good, especially when it gets in your eye, it's very irritating. It's somehow also very hard to remove at night. Will not repurchase.