Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
-Lengthens
-seperates (no clumps)
-adds volume
-Great brush (curved, flexible, Lots of thick bristles that seperate)

Cons-
-Sometimes you get excess product of the wand
-a little fallout

This is so far my favorite, go to mascara. It gives a little but of drama but not alot soo... it doesnt quite give a false lash effect.
I am on my second tube only because i had the other one so long i was worried about bacteria. (It lasts quite a long time)
Its a great everyay mascara, makeing your lashes look naturally fabulous!

on 9/28/2012 5:17:00 PM

I love this for an everyday look. Lengthens and volumizes. Doesn't clump either! I apply two coats and it looks great. Very quick and easy to use doesn't require using a lash curler. I have tried many high end mascaras and this works just as well and for much cheaper. I don't particularly like how the brush bends but it's not that big of a deal. Will repurchase when i finish.
edit: had to reduce my overall rating because while I do like how this initially makes my lashes look, I've noticed that only a few hours into wear time it starts getting really dry and flaky and by the end of the day my lashes are a mess. Would only repurchase if I didn't have anything better on hand.

on 9/27/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

cant live without this, perfect for everyday, love love love this, big fan of Maybelline. With a cheap price, should spend money for this:)))))))

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this mascara is ok...i thought great lash gave me better volume...at least it didnt clump or flake on me...

i love this mascara so much! it lenthen, spreads, and thickens my lashes. i dont even have to curl my lashes with this! it raises them up and out a the corners exactly how it explains.
my only problem is the brush, its only made one way, im right handed and if i want the same effect on my left side lashes i have to use my left hand, but thats not a huge problem. i would buy this over and over.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I tried the Falsies original at a friends house, and immediatley went out to buy me some for myself. I decided to get the Falsies Flared to change things up, and was pleased for the most part. I have super short lashes, and the original made them look loads longer. The Flared doesnt do as much in the length department, but does loads for volume. Still like the original better though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have liked the Falsies products in general already, so I thought I would switch things up and try the flared. I was equally as pleased. I already have long thick eyelashes, but this definitely made them stand out. I don't really like wearing eyeliner unless I am going to a special occasion, but this product makes your eyes pop enough that I don't feel the need to add eyeliner anyway.
I usually apply a single coat to both top lashes, and then I go back and add another coat. Sometimes it does take some coaxing to get rid of minor clumps. I recommend only adding one coat on the bottom lashes or you will end up with spidery eyelashes, which I am not a fan of.
Overall, good product. I will most likely purchase this again!

on 3/21/2012 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't know if it's just my sensitive nose but this stuff smells weird! It kind of smells like flowers, specifically roses. When I first purchased this last year I honestly thought I had a defected one because of the cut in the wand, so I tried it and didn't like it so I threw it away. Now, a year later, I decided to give it another shot and repurchased it. Surprisingly the cut in the wand was NOT a defect, silly me. I still didn't like the smell and it does absolutely nothing for my lashes. This stuff can't hold a curl if it's life depended on it. As soon as I apply it on it quickly weighs down my lashes and has them fall flat.

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. It has beat out my YSL faux cils, DiorShow blackout, AND Benefit BadGal lash.

I always get the prettiest curl and my lashes really do "flare" out! My lashes are also separate, thicken, and are defined. I put on one coat of this when I'm in a hurry with my m/u and I don't do anything else with my eyes because this is enough!

It is a bit wet when you first get it, but keep using it and it gets SO much better!

HG status!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was very very excited when I saw this hit the market. I am a huge fan of the original "The Falsies" - a HUGE fan, HUGE - half the time when applying it I feel compelled to paint my face the colors of the tube and find friends to tailgate with.

I don't really understand why I was so let down!!! I mean, technically it's "The Falsies" right? Technically it's really just allegedly the shape of the wand that is different? But no... it seems to me the formula is different too. (And smells like.... chocolate??? WTF is that?!?!?)

Thumbs down - it makes your eyelashes look thinner and too 'wet'. It doesn't not give you that false-eyelash thickness of the original Falsies.

Stick with the original. (And if you have not tried the original, do NOT judge it by the flared!)