Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

Just bought this a few days ago, and I am not a fan. Wish I'd bought it someplace where you can return used cosmetics, because I DO NOT like it. I have the same problems with clumping and flaking that others have noted. If I do one super-light coat immediately upon removing the brush from the tube, I get an okay result on left eye, but the lashes on my right eye always look noticeably shorter. The only "good" thing I can say about it is that, despite the flaking, it has not irritated my very sensitive, contact-lens wearing eyes. The only reason I'm still using it is that I have no other mascara on hand (and I feel guilty about tossing something brand new).

on 3/1/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I have no idea why so many people rated this so low, it is a GREAT mascara! Way better than the regular! It creates long thick fanned out lashes which is what I think everyone wants annnd it's way cheaper than most other mascaras. The brush/technique takes some getting use to so don't bash this after your first attempt! LOVE IT!
EDIT: So I've been using for a month now and it's pretty much all dried up and useless already=( I am not willing to purchase a new mascara every month so I'm taking away a lippie

on 2/24/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

the formula was really dry. gave decent volume to my lashes but clumped a lot. the brush is too big and unwieldy for my stumpy Asian lashes. to it's credit, i haven't experienced the flaking other people have. definitely not the mascara for me.

on 2/3/2013 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

For a drugstore, waterproof mascara, this did the job. Though I won't say it is the ultimate best, it did promise to be waterproof, and it did show some signs of added volume.

I used to like it but then I switched. I used to get dramatic but flaky lashes. I used this today, bought a new tube. Don't remember the formula being this dry last time but this stuff was awful. Dry and brittle and not dramatic. It just looked bad. I'm convinced this is a bad tube but it flaked a lot.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I know that a lot of people don't like this mascara, but it's worked really well for me. The brush is a bit of a different shape from the originally Falsies, and I think it's more effective for my purposes. I love the flared look, and this does it perfectly. It does not really create a false eyelash effect, but it is volumizing, and I find this one to be less prone to clumping than the original Falsies. I also have not had problems with flaking, although I know a lot of people have. My eyelashes are naturally long, so this product does a great job of accentuating them and creating the flared effect that I like. It does smell a bit odd, but I'm used to that by now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best mascara ever! Makes my lashes look SOOO long and they really aren't that long at all. I don't have any complaints with this. No flaking or panda eyes, stays put all day long, great price. Highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one by far is the best mascara I have ever used, I've tried expensive to the cheap, all around they are all clumpy and don't do anything, this one has worked the best for me, instantly longer and love the angle of the brush...best of the worst I guess....as I have not found my HG mascara, until then, this one will do... :)

on 11/19/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic. I want volume and this creates it with just one coat, but I always apply more! No smudging, no flaking. Great mascara.

on 11/14/2012 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am forever loyal to the original, waterproof Falsies mascara but I grabbed this flared crud by mistake (they need to stop with the endless Falsies variations, just looking at the Maybelline mascara section makes you dizzy enough as it is). I don't know why these companies when they strike gold with a product feel like they have to make spinoff versions of it that are awful. I guess anything to make a buck! For me, this one is junk. It is really watery and just gives me really inky, unnatural looking spider lashes when I want full lashes and volume. I don't know if there is any big difference with the brush but the formula is just bad. Not worth trying IMO and would always recommend the original one first.