Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 30
BB Cream SPF 30BB Cream SPF 30

3.5

I usually hate BB creams and have never liked any that I've tried, so I wasn't expecting much of the little sample pot I was given by a Bobbi Brown sales assistant with a purchase of another product - in fact, I didn't even bother trying it for ages until I discovered it at the botto of my makeup bag on a day when I wasn't leaving the house, and thought I'd give it a go.

What a great surprise - this product is fantastic. Unlike most other BB creams, it doesn't look dull, orange or patchy on my skin. It has just enough coverage to even out my (very) uneven skin tone and although my skin is oily, it doesn't slide or feel greasy on my face. I just use it with a little concealer under my eyes, and I set it with a very light dusting of powder. It seems to stay put pretty well, and the colour (I use the lightest shade) works with my ultra-pale complexion.

Basically this the only BB cream I'd ever use. A really great product.

Overall this is a good product. Most other bb/CC creams oxidize into an ugly orange color, but this color stays true. It goes on rather thick, and dries quite quickly. So make sure you blend it in ASAP. I use this with a concealer on my acne (when needed), and set it all with a powder. Keeps oil at bay for at least 2-3 hours before needing to be blotted out. Which is way better than I can say for other bb/CC creams! This product is expensive, but a little seems to go a long way.

I was never interested in BB or CC creams because I was always looking for more coverage until I got this little sample of heaven with my Sephora order. It is amazing! The color "fair" fit my skin tone perfectly and I didn't need anything over it if I was going for a "no-make" look because it did a good job at covering my post acne marks and scars. When you first put it on, it does have a shine but give a few minutes to settle and dry and you will have a nice even and soft skin. And it has 35 SPF! I gave 3 lips for price because its pretty expensive but oh so worth it.

Check out the this listing site xpresspage.com that's on the rise, just take a look and you'll see why! Xpresspage, XP

on 5/10/2014 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this. Good coverage and high SPF. Great color (I use the fairest shade). Not as thick or covering as some of the thickest BB creams--I am thinking of Dr. Jart and Boscia, but color match is a little better. I have deluxe samples of these thicker ones and use them when I am in the mood, and currently I am using Smashbox because I bought it in a JCP sephora where Bobbi Brown was not available and I needed one. Smashbox has about the same consistency as the Bobbi Brown, but lower SPF and the color/coverage of the Bobbi Brown is superior. Bobbi Brown BB is my favorite of all the ones I have tried.

on 5/8/2014 8:31:00 PM

I really liked this product. If you are after full coverage then this is not the right product for you. This BB cream really evens out skin tone and basically feels like you are not wearing any make up at all. You can build the BB cream up, but the finish will never be a full coverage look. At first when you apply the BB cream you will think it will be quite cakey, however once blended in and absorbed it is quite natural looking. People really will not be sure if you are wearing make up or not. I think this is great for everyday type of wear, or if you are the type of person who gets a little worried about going bare faced to the beach, this is perfect for you. It still gives you some coverage, without looking like you've got war paint on. I think you should use your fingers with this one. I found with the sponge it soaked up too much of the product and this product is quite expensive in Australia, therefore you want it to last. I would purchase it again for summer time as it's light weight and literally take 2 minutes to apply. You don't need anything else added really. I would say this is more suitable for dry/normal and maybe combination skin, but not oily. The product is quite moisturising and could look a little slick later in the day if you have a lot of shine.

on 2/15/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this BB cream. When buying I was slightly concerned as I have oily skin and was worried about shine. However this topped off with my mac mineralize skinfinish natural looks great! Coverage is good, obviously not a full as a foundation but enough for days you don't want a full face of make up. Sometimes I may have to top up a bit of powder if oily but would recommend.

on 1/23/2014 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Fabulous product! This is everything I wanted Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser to be! And as a HUGE plus, it contains beneficial ingredients to skin e.g. antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients. It is also fragrance and alcohol free, great for my sensitive skin.
The finish is so natural - it looks just like healthy, hydrated skin with a slight glow. I would say the coverage is light-medium but it is buildable and easy to blend. I find the lasting power amazing - it lasts until I take it off basically! Also, it does not oxidise.
I have slightly oily (combination) skin that is very breakout prone and I have had no problems from this in that respect. I study ingredients for any hint of comedogenic ingredients and there are no offenders here! I have NC25ish skin with slightly golden/yellow undertones and use "Light" - my sister who is slightly fairer with more pink undertones uses either Light or Fair.

Don't like this much- has a flat finish and a bit chalky on my normal-slightly dry skin.

I do a lot of walking outdoors so always use a high SPF ( 25+) under foundation. I thought this product would be great for summer- no need for foundation, separate sun block- just use this and out the door fast!

Pros
-Can't think of any except it works like a tinted moisturiser.

Cons
-Colour range limited - extra light is darker than Porcelain in foundation, but okay once blended.
-Texture - I still need to use a moisturiser under this or it drags my skin on application.
-Coverage- hardly any. May as well use tinted moisturiser. Layering makes it streaky because it dries quickly. Has no 'glow'.
-Doesn't last- has to be re-applied after a few hours.

I won't buy again and wish I'd gone for the tinted moisturiser which has SPF 25 and seems much more dewy.

on 12/29/2013 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Not for dry skin. As a big fan of Bobbi Brown products, I badly wanted to love this but it just doesn't work for dry skin -- well, maybe if you were planning on using a moisturizer underneath but I feel that defeats the purpose.

Immediately after applying the skin on my face felt tight and it only got worse as the day wore on. It also lacks any kind of "slip" so it's hard to apply evenly.

I can only see this product working well for oily skin.

on 9/28/2013 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Medium is too orangey for me, but the newly released Natural is a better match. This product is very versatile, and I generally wear one of two different ways. If I just want to throw something on and run out the door, I wear it alone with mascara and gloss. When I want to look more polished, I will mix the BB cream with my SPF for my base. Then I will apply some of BB's Long Wear Compact foundation to the center of my face. Then I apply the rest of my makeup. Either way, I have a natural look that only BB makeup can achieve.
ETA: After wearing for a while, I saw that this product is still a little too yellow for me. (Like all BB foundations.)