Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

I like this BB cream, but my skin has to be well moisturized to use it. This is not meant for people with dry skin, so I can't use this during the winter.

I'm Asian and I've tried Asian BB creams, but the Bobbi Brown one is still my favorite even though it takes a bit more work. Although my Skin79 Super+ VIP Gold BB Cream is good, I don't like the color. They're supposed to adjust to your skin tone, but I don't think it's as good a color match as the Bobbi Brown one which has more yellow in it.

Light application and moisturized skin is key in making this BB cream work. It's very portable because it's in a plastic tube. I hate heavy or bulky packaging. Even though I love the Skin Foundation, I have trouble carrying that around, so I end up using this most days.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If I need to even our my skin tone, this is my go to.

It's prefect because it offers good sun protection. I find it to be thick and creamy. I usually have to lightly moisturize before applying because it can be a bit hard to blend if you don't put enough on your face. I guess that's just the oil control? In any case I never feel like I'm wearing foundation which is exactly what I want.

If you need a casual wear product, this is it girls. give it a try

Got this bb cream as a gift. I have a dry skin and this bb cream is just not for dry skin. Coverage is not good. However it is light, not too cakey. I would recommend it for those who have oily flawless skin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Will admit that this is my first BB cream ever. I have tried samples of others, but have never purchased a full size until three weeks ago. So there are probably oodles others that I could try when this tube is done. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this product.

It really does everything that I want my base to do:
- cover redness
- even out skin tone
- cover slight darkness around the eyes
- moisturize
- control oiliness ALL DAY
- easy to apply (no streaks) with fingers, too!
- can be layered for fuller coverage / spot coverage
- do not let the small size of the tube scare you, a little goes a looooong way
(I know people always say that in reviews, but really, I spent the first week of using this product having way too much left over trying to figure this out. A big pea size is all I need for my whole face!)

Most importantly, this product does not break me out! Most tinted moisturizers that I have tried either become too greasy after 3-4 hours or break me out.

The SPF 35 is also a really great plus.

Not to mention that the colours are all slightly on the yellow side, which is very favourable to my skin tone (olive Asian skin).

Not sure if I can attribute the clearing and improvement of tone of my skin on this one product alone or the fact that I have revamped my entire skin care routine. But my skin is showing to be much more even and moisturized otherwise.

The only thing that irks me about this product that is it can accentuate any flakiness I have. But this stopped being a problem after I changed my skincare routine.

I should not forget to mention that this looks really great underneath my mineral makeup. For the times when I really want to doll myself up and/or need a full face of makeup... this really makes my skin like a smooth canvas :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Short and Sweet: The price is high, the packaging is average, but I do like this bb cream. It's lightweight, offers a somewhat decent amount of coverage, didn't break me out and feels nice.
The Nitty Gritty. Bobbi Brown's bb cream is just a bit too thin to be considered a real bb cream like those is Asia. But other than that I really do like it. It doesn't feel heavy when I put it on and it does offer a bit of coverage for very light scars and uneven skin tone.
And it says that it has a whole bunch of ingredients in it that are supposed to improve your skin and whatnot, but I've been using this for a few months now and so far I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever. But I do like the amount of SPF in it.
I got this bb cream as a gift and I'm glad because it's actually really expensive. And while I do like this bb cream quite a lot, I'm not sure I can establish any logical reasons for spending so much money on it when I can use that money to buy something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Let me start out by saying that I am very grateful to Bobbi Brown for considering the very pale and very dark women in her product offerings. I now count only three companies that are offering a BB cream in a shade darker than say, NW45 .. (Iman (horrible formula), Sleek (nice but only available online so you can't try shades) and now Bobbi.

The color payoff is excellent. I am NW50 and found that the Rich shade matched very well. I did find that it gave me a very, very slight grayish tone to my skin but that is nearly impossible to avoid on darker skin in any product with a sunscreen (And at SPF 35, this is pretty decent sun protection.)

Even without a powder, I found that the BB cream lasted a good three to four hours without blotting (I'm oily/combo but it's summer in Arizona so I'm leaning oilier.)

Ultimately, I had to throw the BB cream into the product graveyard because the silicones broke me out. After a lifetime of breakouts, I've finally figured out that my skin just doesn't like 'cones. I thought I'd give this a shot since only two were listed but seems like that's all it takes to wreak havoc on my skin.

Bottom line: If you are not sensitive to the ingredients, this is well worth a try. I did take an additional two lippies off because for $46, there is just not a lot of product in the tube.

on 7/30/2013 1:17:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB Cream - this is a definitely HG product! I bought it after having read rave reviews and after trying the Tinted Moisturizer, which frankly, was not a great product even though it has a similar price point as the BB Cream.

This BB Cream really does live up to the hype - it feels lightweight but covers (most) imperfections without looking like one has a faceful of makeup on. Wears decently well even in humid climates for those of us with oily-combination skin. However, it is not a long-lasting foundation by any means, so if that's what you're looking for, this is not your product. This BB Cream does impart some moisture, so if this is the only product you have in your bag, you'll be fine for the day. I almost layers lightweight moisturizer or skin treatment underneath. The best part, though, is the SPF 35! How can you beat that?

I am a NC30-35, and I own this in both Fair and Medium; Fair is usually the better shade for most of the year, but Medium works in the summer. It's Bobbi Brown, so her colors are really good, not overly orange or pink, designed to suit a range of skintones. I bought these right when the product debuted, so I only recently realized that there is a new "Neutral" color in between Fair and Medium, which might be perfect for my skin tone!

ETA (Nov. 17, 2014): I had to take one lippie off for two major reasons. 1) After discovering Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream last year, I have completely stopped using the Bobbi Brown BB Cream. The Garnier stays truly matte throughout the day, and gives me a much more natural finish than the Bobbi Brown BB cream yet covers minor imperfections just as well. 2) Also, the price of this BB cream is absolutely RIDICULOUS! They recently raised the price to $44 (a $2 increase), which is unjustifiable for what is essentially a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I plan to save my money in the future and buy the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream or Dr. Jart's BB creams, which are better and much cheaper than the Bobbi Brown product!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was my first BB product purchase, and I was sorely disappointed with it. I swapped it away very quickly and vowed to never buy into the BB cream hype again.

It's just not phenomenal as many online reviews suggest. First, I failed to realize that it is for normal to oily skin. I have dry skin, combo in the summer, and I first tried this in the spring when my tzone wasn't oily. It was a huge miss for me, even though I know people who love it.

First off, the amount of product you get for the price is ridiculous. I am the type of person who has no problem dropping 50 bucks or more for a foundation, face cream, etc if it does what it promises. I wasn't looking for major coverage, and this didn't give me any to boast about. I was looking for something to just even out my skin tone.

My main gripe with the product is how unflattering it is on the face, texture wise. While a BB cream, it gave my complexion this strange mask-like effect, as if I was wearing full coverage foundation that accentuated my flaws instead of hiding them. It wasn't moisturizing enough to wear alone, and didn't play well with my moisturizer when I wore some underneath. It pointed out my forehead wrinkles when I have none (unless I exaggerate my facial expressions, I'm still young) and settled into clumps around my nose. The worst part is that it couldn't even last 3 hours.

The color range is alright, I do like BB for having very yellow toned products. I got this in Fair for my NC20-25 tone at the time and it still seemed very grey cast. Is this just a common trope with BB creams?

If you're looking for a BB cream, just try a tinted moisturizer that matches your skin tone. Don't buy into all of this BB hype because the majority of people I know that wear BB cream look pale in the face or like they're suffering from motion sickness.

on 7/22/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB cream. The Bobbi Brown specialist did inform me that this product is for normal to oily skin, which was perfect. I I definitely have oily skin and uneven skin texture. One of the claims of this product is that it helps to minimize pore appearance with the application and it did just that. My skin looked smooth and even. She also mentioned that, although it is a moisturizer and foundation in one, I should always moisturize my face before any type of coverage. It's a wonderful product.

on 7/21/2013 6:40:00 PM

waaaay too chalky and thick. I have it in Medium, I am Fair to Medium and this was a good match for the summer as I tend to pick-up color easily.

It also settles into my skin making it look too much like a mask.

I live in a dry climate and have normal to dry skin. I found I had to use a moisturizer under this, so it's not the all -in-one product I hoped for.

Don't like...and even though I can buy it with a discount I would not repurchase.

I prefer Mercier's tinted moisturizer.