Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 7/6/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first BB cream, I bought the "Light" shade at duty free in Auckland. the BB cream evens out my skintone and looks great when first applied. Then I set it with Bobbi Brown pressed powder in Pale Yellow (or whatever other pressed powder I have nearby that day). However I have combination skin, and after a few hours I find this makes my forehead and nose shiny. For me its easier to just skip the BB cream all together and wear only powder...then no shininess/oiliness problems. So I wouldn't repurchase, but I'm glad I gave it a try and I will slowly use up the tube I have.

on 7/2/2014 12:58:00 PM

I ordered the small size of this in both Fair and Medium (I am a Beige 3.0 in Bobbi Brown's other foundations) and matched to Fair. I applied it over a foundation primer and then spot applied Bobbi Brown's long wear even finish compact foundation over any dark spots. I topped it with Bobbi Brown's sheer finish loose powder.

This BB cream is just "meh" in my opinion. It was rather thick and hard to blend, even though I only used a pea-sized amount. Once it was completely blended, the coverage was fairly sheer, though not as sheer as Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer. It didn't completely camouflage my dark spots or redness, but most BB creams don't, so it was not a surprise that I had to use foundation over it. At first it looked good and gave me the look of healthy skin. But after a few hours, it all fell apart. I was shiny and the product started to ball up, especially on my chin and around my nose. By the end of the day, most of it had melted off my cheeks and forehead, and collected around my nose and chin. This isn't a humidity problem - I've tried it on days when it was not humid and still got the same effect.

Bobbi Brown has some amazing products, but this isn't one of them. I think the Korean BB creams vastly outperform this one. If you have very good skin and want sheer coverage, I'd say go for it. But if you have flaws to cover up, you'll need foundation over it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this, so I'll probably update if it ends up clogging my pores... I recently moved to Chicago, where this past winter was especially BRUTAL, and coupled with going off BC my normally oily skin has turned impossibly dry. I've used Bare Minerals (very light application) for a bunch of years, and between the weather, newly regularized hormones, and a 30th birthday coming up, my skin took a nosedive into bone-dry desert territory. It seems any and all powders, even applied with the lightest touch, started sinking into fine lines I didn't know I had. I looked dull, old, and sad. But I hate the feel of foundation, and I admittedly have pretty decent skin already - aside from dry flaking and one or two cysts during my period. Not so bad. Dullness is the issue here.

I tried this cream at the Bobbi Brown counter, and was SHOCKED (audibly shocked - I sort of yelped to the makeup artist) at how glow-y my face became. Instantly - my face looked like it had dropped five years. It just glided effortlessly over my slightly enlarged cheek pores and laugh lines, almost totally diminishing them. The Bobbi concealer stick (also purchased) hid a few old acne scars, and the BB cream on top just blended them away. Wearing the cream and the concealer underneath, I walked around town in 80 degree weather for a few hours and the glow just kept improving. It stayed put, with no setting powder, didn't settle into my lines or pores, and did not dry out at all. It felt like I was wearing nothing. The effect is very subtle - an idealized, blurred version of my own skin. So - pretty much perfect. It may be too soon, but I'm thinking HG material.

UPDATE - Still awesome. It hasn't broken me out in the slightest - when I was using Bare Minerals I got many, MANY more pimples. It looks fresh for about 6 hours on me, with a little nose-powdering. Fantastic product.

on 5/25/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this product but there are cheaper options with similar results. I usually use MAC studio fix or LAncome dual finish for daily use. I wanted to try lighter foundations, so I bought Bobbi brown BB cream and Loreal True Match. I used both in different days and I liked the results but seemed to me like similar products. Then I used Bobbi Brown BB cream in half the face and True Match in the other half. I noted minimal difference initially and after 4 hours both products have almost vanished. If I have to choose, I will buy the cheapest one, L'oreal.

I have been using this stuff for about a week now, and I am in love. This BB cream has such beautiful coverage. It feels pretty thick when you apply it but turns weightless once blended with the fingers. It lasts ALL day. I don't even powder this stuff and it lasts from 7am to 10pm. Crazy. The shade extra light is a perfect match for me, and I can't wait to use this in the summer. If you don't have perfect skin don't rule this out because its not full full coverage. Use a heavy coverage concealer, like the Mac Pro Longwear for under the eyes, sport conceal any blemishes and you will be good. This gives a medium coverage in my opinion but I love how natural it looks. I don't have one bad thing to say. GREAT!

on 4/12/2014 12:58:00 PM

My new obsession. My friends noticed the difference in my look immediately. Don't need a foundtion or bronzer anymore. You don't feel it on yr skin at all.

on 4/9/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this BB cream. It is excellent for everyday wear - not too heavy however manages to even out my skin tone and create a natural look. Being a BB cream, obviously it doesn't cover all my blemishes, however I just use a bit of concealer and finish with some powder. This BB cream lasts all day and I only have to blot about once or twice.
The only downfall I can mention is the price - $60 for a tiny tube. I would repurchase however as it is the best I am yet to find.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been somewhat skeptical of BB creams for AA skin because most make me look ashy, so I tend to shy away from them. But while at work one day, I randomly tried out Bobbi Brown's in Dark. Incredible! Buttery texture with amazing coverage for a BB cream! Very hydrating without making me oily. This has become a staple in my "no makeup" makeup look, and I pair it with a light dusting of MAC's Studio Careblend powder in Deep Dark to set & complete my look. Love the SPF contains a lower percentage of titanium dioxide, which is why most sunscreens/BBs leave me ashy. Only thing I have a slight issue with is the price, $44 for 1.3 oz seems kinda steep, but it's worth it :)

on 3/12/2014 12:06:00 AM

I bought this a while ago, maybe about 2 years ago just as I was getting into the whole idea of BB creams. I had the Missha one which was my holy grail for a while before it ran out and I didn't have access to it anymore to buy.

I bought this on my last day in Hong Kong, and using up my dollars before leaving. I bought the Light shade, which is pretty good match for my skin, I'd say around NC20-25/GA LSF 4.

When applied I found that the texture of this was really shiny and oily on my skin and I really don't like it. I was about the give up on it the first time I applied this, but when I put on my powder it set wonderfully for some reason. It looked so natural with the powder, something I had never experienced before. I know I have raved about natural looking make up but this was a whole other level, there would always be a line where there a face can look a little bit matte or too something that makes it look like there is foundation on the skin, but this one didn't have any of those. For the first time I felt like this looked like skin on me.

My only grip with this is that it doesn't last on me. I don't have the oiliest skin type to make it melt off of me, but for some reason this just does not stay on me. So for that I will enjoy it while it lasts but for now, I won't be repurchasing this. Its a shame though because I do like it, but I can't wear it on days where I am out the house for more than 6 hours, which is practically never. I'm not the kind that can apply a new face of make up halfway through the day, I need my make up to last me from morning to evening with minimal problems

on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 PM

In the past, I have never found a BB cream that catered to all skin tones, not even Asian BB creams and I'm Asian! (Filipino). BB creams in Asia have limited or just 1 shade and mostly too fair/light for my medium/light tanned complexion (for ref: "NC35-42" roughly in MAC, "tan deep sand" in Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in summer, "tan" in Tarte Beyond BB Perfecting Foundation, "40-50 beige" Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation). I was skeptic about Western BB creams as I heard that the coverage/consistency isn't the same as Asian BB creams. I currently use Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Full Coverage foundation but because Tarte isn't available in the UK, I wanted to use this foundation sparingly or on special occasions (excellent product which I've also reviewed on MUA). I also wanted to look for a light coverage tinted moisturiser/BB cream. When I heard about Bobbi Brown's new BB cream I couldn't wait to get a sample of it. I was colour matched to "medium to dark" which was a good match for me. It was almost an exact match to my skin tone which is quite rare! I did notice it slightly oxidized but wasn't too bad and gave a nice light bronze/glow to my skin. I like the fact that it has a yellow undertone which is perfect for my Filipino complexion. As far as I'm aware, Bobbi Brown didn't claim this to be a long-wearing BB cream, however the longevity of this product is great on days when you want natural/light coverage and going out for 4-8 hours. I have combination (oily t-zone, normal-dry cheeks & chin) skin and this BB cream did a good job in terms of staying power between 6-8 hours on my skin. Maybe even more longer for normal and dry skin. It doesn't control shine (but all foundations never do for me anyway) and I find that I get oily on my t-zone between 1.5-2 hours with this particular BB cream. I do touch-up 1 or 2 times within a day which doesn't bother me as I only use this if I need a bit of coverage on days I want that "no makeup" makeup look. In terms of coverage it is between sheer light to light medium which is quite good. Obviously a concealer well help for acne and dark circles. The consistency of Bobbi Brown's BB cream is thick, creamy and leaves a soft matte finish and after an hour it gives a nice natural glow. I always set this with a dust of loose powder on my t-zone and a little bit on the rest of my face. I really love this product because it looks so natural and is very lightweight. I use my fingers or a damp sponge or my stippling/buffing brush (by Real Techniques) to apply this and works well either way. I do feel that I do need to moisturise my face before applying this as sometimes I do feel dry which defeats the purpose of a BB cream. However, I do want to make sure my face is fully prepped before makeup by always moisturising my face and apply a foundation/face primer on my t-zone. Overall an excellent product! I highly recommend this if you have normal, combination, oily skin. If you're willing to splurge on a good quality western BB cream then please do give this a try :) Hope this review helps!