Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

on 8/22/2013 8:22:00 AM

Firstly this was my first ever BB cream and i don't feel the need to go out and buy another one as i loved this one. My skin is acne prone , oily t-zone and dry cheeks so causes me a lot of problems finding the right make up. I bought this for my holiday as i wanted something lighter to wear and with the high SPF is seemed perfect and it was perfect. Gave me a nice dewy finish , evened my skin tone. I love it because i can apply more then one layer to cover my problem areas and it doesn't go cakey or stick to my dry patches.I always moisturize before hand and use a primer as its a lot easier to apply. I use this on my days off for a lighter feel but i have started to wear it to work ( i work as cabin crew) to see how it would last in the air and it surprised me i needed to touch up my problem areas but apart from that i still looked fresh at the end of the day with even skin tone YAYY. The packaging is nice to simple and traditional bobbi brown style. It hasnt broke me out which is very rare and i will be buying it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Let me start out by saying that I am very grateful to Bobbi Brown for considering the very pale and very dark women in her product offerings. I now count only three companies that are offering a BB cream in a shade darker than say, NW45 .. (Iman (horrible formula), Sleek (nice but only available online so you can't try shades) and now Bobbi.

The color payoff is excellent. I am NW50 and found that the Rich shade matched very well. I did find that it gave me a very, very slight grayish tone to my skin but that is nearly impossible to avoid on darker skin in any product with a sunscreen (And at SPF 35, this is pretty decent sun protection.)

Even without a powder, I found that the BB cream lasted a good three to four hours without blotting (I'm oily/combo but it's summer in Arizona so I'm leaning oilier.)

Ultimately, I had to throw the BB cream into the product graveyard because the silicones broke me out. After a lifetime of breakouts, I've finally figured out that my skin just doesn't like 'cones. I thought I'd give this a shot since only two were listed but seems like that's all it takes to wreak havoc on my skin.

Bottom line: If you are not sensitive to the ingredients, this is well worth a try. I did take an additional two lippies off because for $46, there is just not a lot of product in the tube.

on 7/23/2013 11:17:00 AM

I wanted to love this product. It looks great on, perfect coverage, nice dewy look... but... it made me break out like I was a teenager again. By midday my face was an oil slick. I'll probably continue using it on days I know I will be outside, but for day to day, I'm afraid not.

on 4/15/2013 12:19:00 PM

I am a huge fan for Bobbi's products. However, I was disappointed by this BB cream. I have combination/dry skin and this product coated my face like a mask. The case is even worse when I tried to set it down by powder, my face was "cracked" into white pieces!
One hour after my makeup, the color oxidized and started to match my skin. However, the unnatural look was still there.
It was very dry and hard to spread even with the help of per-moisurization. I have fair skin and some acne scars, the BB cream does offer a nice medium coverage and moisture I desire. However, consider the price of this product, I expect more than that.

on 2/19/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love how this comes in an "Extra Light" shade. I get great coverage with this, that of a foundation, without the heavy feel. I've been using this in rotation with my Tarte TM since June, and I love it. It controls my oily skin well when set with powder. There is really nothing I don't love about this. As for skin care benefits, I can't really say I've noticed a drastic difference. My skin has been much happier since I've swapped foundation for BB creams and tinted moisterizers.

This held up great all summer long and continues to wear well through the winter. Well worth the money. I will repurchase!

on 1/19/2013 6:54:00 AM

i bought this bobbi brown bbcream out of interest in the airport without any beforehand information about it, but as i used it for about a week i noticed that everytime im wearing this bbcream, people were always commenting on how my skin looked very sleek and clean :) i am totally in love with this product as will most definitely get seconds!

on 1/10/2013 7:54:00 PM

This BB cream gives a natural and very beautiful dewy finish. It's not very dewy but enough where you can see your skin look glowing.In regards to coverage, it does cover my acne pigmentation; however, my skin this winter is pretty good. If you do have severe pigmentation or scarring, you would most likely need concealer. Although I absolutely love the finish of this BB cream it does not last. I have oily to combination skin. When I do wear this BB cream, it last at most 4 to 5 hours. It doesn't separate or create any patchiness, but I don't like feeling like an oil slick. If I feel like an oil slick in the winter time, then this BB cream will not be unusable when it comes to summer when I have oilier skin. I would purchase this if it lasted longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Texture is great, easy to put on but if you are oily skin AND put on moisturizer prior, it oxidizes and become orange.

It helps to skip the moisturizer and put this on straight after toner. Does not oxidize that much then. I put loose powder over it.,

All experiences below are when no moisturizer just bb bbcream + loose powder.
Have staying power,
does not accentuate pores
Adequate coverage. You can put on more for more coverage.
Does not clog, not patchy at all.

love it. I'm NC25-30 and I use the darkest shade medium.

i repeat DO NOT USE MOISTURIZER unless you are in a dry country i guess. oh wells.

on 10/15/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Over the last 10 years I have tried hundreds of foundations, concelalers, tinted moisturisers etc. I don't really know what "bb" means or what makes this "bb" but i dont care. this stuff is AMAZING. it covers, it's not oily, it doesn't break me out (my skin reacts to everything), the colour matches and it is spf 35!! it's almost unbelievable. pleasee buy it so they don't discontinue it ever!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loved it for the first few weeks of usage because it does controls oily and gives a good coverage. However, the weeks after that rashes and itciness starts to appear. Sadly it is not suitable for sensitive skin like mine.