Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. I am huge on the opaque foundation face finish, but this has turned me. It gives me skin a gorgous natural glow. I didn't believe in BB creams before, but now that my adult acne phase has faded out I decided to give this a try. I'm always extremely busy and running late in the morning, so any product that can cust down my beauty prep time is welcome in my makeup bag. This is a perfect combo of a moisturizer, primer, and foundation, a three-in-one. All I do is add concealer in my trouble spots and some powder to set it and dunzo! I will gladly buy this in the future and highly recommend.

on 7/6/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first BB cream, I bought the "Light" shade at duty free in Auckland. the BB cream evens out my skintone and looks great when first applied. Then I set it with Bobbi Brown pressed powder in Pale Yellow (or whatever other pressed powder I have nearby that day). However I have combination skin, and after a few hours I find this makes my forehead and nose shiny. For me its easier to just skip the BB cream all together and wear only powder...then no shininess/oiliness problems. So I wouldn't repurchase, but I'm glad I gave it a try and I will slowly use up the tube I have.

Overall this is a good product. Most other bb/CC creams oxidize into an ugly orange color, but this color stays true. It goes on rather thick, and dries quite quickly. So make sure you blend it in ASAP. I use this with a concealer on my acne (when needed), and set it all with a powder. Keeps oil at bay for at least 2-3 hours before needing to be blotted out. Which is way better than I can say for other bb/CC creams! This product is expensive, but a little seems to go a long way.

I was never interested in BB or CC creams because I was always looking for more coverage until I got this little sample of heaven with my Sephora order. It is amazing! The color "fair" fit my skin tone perfectly and I didn't need anything over it if I was going for a "no-make" look because it did a good job at covering my post acne marks and scars. When you first put it on, it does have a shine but give a few minutes to settle and dry and you will have a nice even and soft skin. And it has 35 SPF! I gave 3 lips for price because its pretty expensive but oh so worth it.

Check out the this listing site xpresspage.com that's on the rise, just take a look and you'll see why! Xpresspage, XP

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this, so I'll probably update if it ends up clogging my pores... I recently moved to Chicago, where this past winter was especially BRUTAL, and coupled with going off BC my normally oily skin has turned impossibly dry. I've used Bare Minerals (very light application) for a bunch of years, and between the weather, newly regularized hormones, and a 30th birthday coming up, my skin took a nosedive into bone-dry desert territory. It seems any and all powders, even applied with the lightest touch, started sinking into fine lines I didn't know I had. I looked dull, old, and sad. But I hate the feel of foundation, and I admittedly have pretty decent skin already - aside from dry flaking and one or two cysts during my period. Not so bad. Dullness is the issue here.

I tried this cream at the Bobbi Brown counter, and was SHOCKED (audibly shocked - I sort of yelped to the makeup artist) at how glow-y my face became. Instantly - my face looked like it had dropped five years. It just glided effortlessly over my slightly enlarged cheek pores and laugh lines, almost totally diminishing them. The Bobbi concealer stick (also purchased) hid a few old acne scars, and the BB cream on top just blended them away. Wearing the cream and the concealer underneath, I walked around town in 80 degree weather for a few hours and the glow just kept improving. It stayed put, with no setting powder, didn't settle into my lines or pores, and did not dry out at all. It felt like I was wearing nothing. The effect is very subtle - an idealized, blurred version of my own skin. So - pretty much perfect. It may be too soon, but I'm thinking HG material.

UPDATE - Still awesome. It hasn't broken me out in the slightest - when I was using Bare Minerals I got many, MANY more pimples. It looks fresh for about 6 hours on me, with a little nose-powdering. Fantastic product.

on 5/8/2014 8:31:00 PM

I really liked this product. If you are after full coverage then this is not the right product for you. This BB cream really evens out skin tone and basically feels like you are not wearing any make up at all. You can build the BB cream up, but the finish will never be a full coverage look. At first when you apply the BB cream you will think it will be quite cakey, however once blended in and absorbed it is quite natural looking. People really will not be sure if you are wearing make up or not. I think this is great for everyday type of wear, or if you are the type of person who gets a little worried about going bare faced to the beach, this is perfect for you. It still gives you some coverage, without looking like you've got war paint on. I think you should use your fingers with this one. I found with the sponge it soaked up too much of the product and this product is quite expensive in Australia, therefore you want it to last. I would purchase it again for summer time as it's light weight and literally take 2 minutes to apply. You don't need anything else added really. I would say this is more suitable for dry/normal and maybe combination skin, but not oily. The product is quite moisturising and could look a little slick later in the day if you have a lot of shine.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been somewhat skeptical of BB creams for AA skin because most make me look ashy, so I tend to shy away from them. But while at work one day, I randomly tried out Bobbi Brown's in Dark. Incredible! Buttery texture with amazing coverage for a BB cream! Very hydrating without making me oily. This has become a staple in my "no makeup" makeup look, and I pair it with a light dusting of MAC's Studio Careblend powder in Deep Dark to set & complete my look. Love the SPF contains a lower percentage of titanium dioxide, which is why most sunscreens/BBs leave me ashy. Only thing I have a slight issue with is the price, $44 for 1.3 oz seems kinda steep, but it's worth it :)

on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 PM

In the past, I have never found a BB cream that catered to all skin tones, not even Asian BB creams and I'm Asian! (Filipino). BB creams in Asia have limited or just 1 shade and mostly too fair/light for my medium/light tanned complexion (for ref: "NC35-42" roughly in MAC, "tan deep sand" in Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in summer, "tan" in Tarte Beyond BB Perfecting Foundation, "40-50 beige" Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation). I was skeptic about Western BB creams as I heard that the coverage/consistency isn't the same as Asian BB creams. I currently use Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Full Coverage foundation but because Tarte isn't available in the UK, I wanted to use this foundation sparingly or on special occasions (excellent product which I've also reviewed on MUA). I also wanted to look for a light coverage tinted moisturiser/BB cream. When I heard about Bobbi Brown's new BB cream I couldn't wait to get a sample of it. I was colour matched to "medium to dark" which was a good match for me. It was almost an exact match to my skin tone which is quite rare! I did notice it slightly oxidized but wasn't too bad and gave a nice light bronze/glow to my skin. I like the fact that it has a yellow undertone which is perfect for my Filipino complexion. As far as I'm aware, Bobbi Brown didn't claim this to be a long-wearing BB cream, however the longevity of this product is great on days when you want natural/light coverage and going out for 4-8 hours. I have combination (oily t-zone, normal-dry cheeks & chin) skin and this BB cream did a good job in terms of staying power between 6-8 hours on my skin. Maybe even more longer for normal and dry skin. It doesn't control shine (but all foundations never do for me anyway) and I find that I get oily on my t-zone between 1.5-2 hours with this particular BB cream. I do touch-up 1 or 2 times within a day which doesn't bother me as I only use this if I need a bit of coverage on days I want that "no makeup" makeup look. In terms of coverage it is between sheer light to light medium which is quite good. Obviously a concealer well help for acne and dark circles. The consistency of Bobbi Brown's BB cream is thick, creamy and leaves a soft matte finish and after an hour it gives a nice natural glow. I always set this with a dust of loose powder on my t-zone and a little bit on the rest of my face. I really love this product because it looks so natural and is very lightweight. I use my fingers or a damp sponge or my stippling/buffing brush (by Real Techniques) to apply this and works well either way. I do feel that I do need to moisturise my face before applying this as sometimes I do feel dry which defeats the purpose of a BB cream. However, I do want to make sure my face is fully prepped before makeup by always moisturising my face and apply a foundation/face primer on my t-zone. Overall an excellent product! I highly recommend this if you have normal, combination, oily skin. If you're willing to splurge on a good quality western BB cream then please do give this a try :) Hope this review helps!

on 2/28/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I got a sample about a week ago the department store and I was very pleased. I got the shade dark and the match was very on point. I like the creaminess to it and blends beautifully. Has a nice natural finish. Coverage I would say is light to moderate. Works for my combination skin. Definitely will be purchasing!

on 2/28/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this. I'd been using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and even though it's a wonderful foundation, I was bored and wanting to try something new. So there came Bobbi Brown BB cream. Firstly, the consistency is thick and drying. This is definitely a NO for dry skin. I feel like you should use a stippling brush to blend this out. In overall, the coverage it gives is decent enough, but it's quite thick and not very natural. It is also quite flat, without any luminosity or dewiness. It's probably good for TV appearances or when you need flawless coverage, but for an everyday I wouldn't recommend this. Also, I kind of suspect it is breaking me out. I've been getting acne since I started using this. This is surely a NO in my book.